eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi everyone,
    Apologies for being AWOL for a while.
    Apart from being swamped down with orders for my wax melts I haven't been too well.
    My red blood cell count has shot up recently and the hospital haemotologist phoned me last week to warn me that I was at high risk of getting a blood clot which could cause a stroke or pulmonary embolism. The bronchiectasis condition is working together with the polycythemia and ganging up on me!
    Anyways, I had to go to the hospital to have a pint of blood drawn off (phlebotomy), in the hope that I would make some more less thick blood. I have to give more bloods this Friday for analysis to determine when/or if, I will need another blood letting! Also I have to go for another CT scan and chest x-ray.
    It's a wonder I don't glow in the dark ...lol!!

Well, I seem to spend most of my time writing bithday cards and sending pressies to all my clan - the latest addition is baby Koah (:!) James Richard, my 8th great-granchild. Here he is with Debbie, my 2nd daughter and his nan -
    Name:  deb & Koah.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  97.7 KB

Also, here is Lucia (4th daughter) with Adriana - who is now learning to feed herself ... how time flies!

Great to read all about the doggies - we are dogless now after having GSD's in my life for more years than I care to remember. After Kaiser and Reina passed I decided that we should now call it a day, although I so miss the frantic excited barking and tail wagging when I descend the stairs in a morning ... sob. I have photo's all around my computer so at least my dogs are here with me still.

Spring has sprung here too Shes, I think the spring flowers are just beautiful. We have lots of daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, crocus, muscari etc. A wonderful array of colours all set off by the white ground covering cerastium. We have had exceptionally hard frosts this winter and lost quite a few plants, sadly.

Well, I had better sign out now, I still have much to do and I must admit I'm getting tired (and hungry!).
    Here is a choon for you that I rather enjoyed ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PlejXFqro

Keep safe everyone, and remember to live every day as if it was your last .... coz one day it will be ...
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 22nd March 2021 at 08:29 PM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Like Trish, I must apologise for my absence, no real excuses to give! Have been doing a lot of walking just lately, we are lucky that within just a few minutes we can be surrounded by trees and heathland.

Just yesterday I spotted a couple of squirrels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlN4LvMRCQI

Also been listing more of my CDs, sales have been still quite good, though have slowed up a bit from last year.

Glad you liked the Blackmores Night track Trish, a bit different to his early rocking days!

Will leave a few tunes before I go get my lunch.

Jackie Leven Clay Jug - YouTube

James Carr - Who's been warming my oven - YouTube

James Fountain - Seven Day Lover - YouTube

John Stewart - Lost Her In The Sun - YouTube

KC & The SUNSHINE BAND - QUEEN OF CLUBS 1974 - YouTube

Kirsty MacColl-Children of the Revolution - YouTube

Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan - YouTube

Little Johnny England-Welcome to the Sparrow Club - YouTube

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has been really nice weather here in northeast Scotland. Moved my Japanese Acer to a bigger pot and now cant lift it to go back where it came from. Pete (OH) and me took a side each but all that happened was the lip of the pot cracked so we decided it would be ok where it was sitting on the patio.
    Our two dogs are nuts. Willow is a blonde cockapoo and rosie is a lhasa apsoName:  28420.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  35.2 KB
    They are 8 and 4 and we love them to bits.
    Been taking a rest from card making but am getting a little bored.
    todays tunes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAlq...OurDreamsMusic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwPH...aledonianMusic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maelbrigda; 25th March 2021 at 03:59 AM.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Attachment 63850

Finally, quilt is ready to go to Seattle. I will try and load a picture of the label, which is what I finally got done on Sunday.

Name:  2quilt3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  47.1 KB

Hey, it worked. Pretty ladies Trish.

I got a letter from my 93 year old cousin
    yesterday. I had sent her pictures of the quilts among other things and she said she didn't remember our grandmother quilting, so these tops must have been done while she was too young to notice or before they left Iowa (1907). That would make them 83 to 100+ years old. I had no idea. I am glad she is still with us, she has been a favorite of my Dad and me for many years.

I am well, still. We had about 25" of snow. Yesterday I could finally get my car out. I suppose I should go start it and run around a bit. Rotate the tires so to speak. I think perhaps I will go grocery shopping tomorrow. That truck comes on Tuesday for the Coop in Pine Bluffs.

My housekeepers really suffered from circumstances this last month, but they made it this morning. I got 2 today because they were trying to get caught up and they had things ship shape in an hour. So nice to have things done it takes me what seems like forever to get done. I have about4 sewing projects. lined up and the web site still needs some corrections.

Buddy's Mom is under the weather so I have had 2 days off and will have 2 more perhaps. I sure hope she gets well soon, I have never had her stay home sick before, kinda scary.

Y'all stay healthy or get healthy, soon. Love you guys.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hi everyone,
    Lovely to read your posts.

Books, Teagan, Matt and family also do a lot of walking - Nottingham sure has some lovely places to walk and admire the scenery. We always enjoy a day out with them when we visit them in Stapleford. Hoping that it will not be too long now before we can visit them again - it has been such a long time since we all met up together - I just want to hug all my kids and grandchildren! Thanks for the choons, always a good selection with some I haven't heard before.

Penni, your little doggies are so adorable! Hope your Japanese Acer does well in it's new pot - we also have one which we thought we had lost, but has shown signs of life since being repotted. Sadly, we lost the atropurpureum variety, which never really did much since we purchased it. Loved your choices of music, the White Swan is now my favourite music to play when I can't sleep at night - so beautiful.

Wyo, what an absolutely wonderful piece of heritage - the quilt and label are just superb. Well done, all your dedicated work has paid off so well. I hope that the quilts will be preserved and revered for posterity.
    WOW! 25" of snow - yikes! Everything grinds to a halt here if we get just a few inches of the white stuff, I guess we simply are not used to it ...lol!

We had a beautiful day yesterday with very high record breaking temps for March. What a pity I missed most of the sunshine, I frantically tried to get all my orders out before going to the hospital for my chest x-ray.
    Did manage to sneak in a G & T outside for half an hour before cooking JR's dinner, then worked till 10pm making snap bar melts for orders that I was behind with. All caught up now ... yayy!

Hope you are OK Shes, and the tornado's haven't materialised - scary stuff!
    Well done in gaining some weight, I lost quite a lot when I was in hospital with pneumonia, but I have regained some now. I guess some would say that we are lucky in not having to count calories, my trouble is I don't really have much of an appetite and am too fussy over food (according to JR!)
    I think having to cook meals for customers for all the years when I was a pub landlady makes me appreciate a meal placed in front of me instead of cooking it!

Better sign out now - it's approaching 10pm and I haven't eaten since lunch - I do have a rather large bottle of 'nectar' to tide me over though ... anyone want to share?

and choons?
    Here y'are....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6xkXdYOOmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMDFv5m18Pw
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Morning everyone, hope you are all feeling good and well and ready for a few lively tunes to get the old blood circulating.

Blood Wedding - YouTube

10/10 - YouTube

Enjoy Yourself - YouTube

Rave On (Remastered 2001) - YouTube

Flip The Switch (Remastered) - YouTube

Babylons Burning - YouTube

Cheyenne is reporting 31" of snow in that snow storm, that is a record. The neighbor was shoveling them out and Sadie decided to go calling. Just walked right over the drift and then couldn't get home because the drift was smaller on their side of the fence. One of the daughters lifted her up so she could get home as the gate was buried.

I have Spots on my carpet today. I am beginning to see a new routine. Sadie has been waking me up about 7 am since the time change, but Spots wants out at. 8 pm and returns at a bit after 6 am. I have to get up and let him in according to Sadie.

https://youtu.be/XIBZviJbCJE
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 4th April 2021 at 08:24 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Shes walks into the lounge, bellies up to the bar and orders a tall, cold stiff drink! (I wish!!) I am okay and fared much better than a lot of folks in our little town (population 2500) the past few weeks but it sure has been a rough ride!

We had an EF2 tornado go through town on the 25th of March. Thankfully NO ONE was killed or injured! I stood outside in my yard and watched it happen - it was just as calm as could be here.&nbsp; In town there were about 30 homes damaged, massive trees uprooted and just a general mess! The worst was on the road I take to and from town.

This is drone footage of the damage that was done on my end of town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjr-HYj-jEo

Remember the peaceful little creek I've showed in the past?? Well, this is what it looked like the morning after the tornado. I just had some debris to clean up and the water had gone down by the end of the day.
    Name:  100_0123 (2).jpg
Views: 43
Size:  58.6 KB

The day after the tornado was really nice - I got water toted to the house, part of the yard mowed, weeded the flower beds and just enjoyed being outside. With no electric I spent most of the time outside (can't clean house if you have no electric -lol!) and in the evenings ran a light on a little generator so I could read. 4 days later the electric got fixed and the first thing I did was make a pot of hot coffee and eat a hot meal - lol!!!

A bit different story on the 31st of March when we got a major storm in the middle of the night. Waynesboro (and surrounding areas) got hit really bad with flooding - 3 mudslides on hills and 6 or 7 bridges washed out. More homes damaged from the floods. These were taken at my place in the morning, after the water had receded.

Just about lost the little footbridge that goes across the ditch to the natural spring that I get my water from (top center of photo)

Name:  100_0142_Fotor.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  401.3 KB

Debris left along the creek bank

Name:  100_0144_Fotor.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  378.9 KB
    Huge cedar tree root that washed down from upstream

Name:  100_0143_Fotor.jpg
Size:  394.4 KB

Water just peeled up the road

Name:  100_0152_Fotor.jpg
Size:  313.9 KB

We've had rain off and on since so I haven't got much cleaned up yet. I've been pulling leaves and stick up out of the flower beds so they can dry and doing the same with the large piles. Hopefully the rain won't come tonight and I'll get started burning everything tomorrow - one pile at a time - lol!!

Life has been pretty surreal since all this has happened. The tornado was not my first and I didn't want to see what town looked like. I finally had to make myself go to town this week and I can't tell you how many times I had to stop driving to cry over the mess this little town is in from the tornado and the floods. The folks here are pretty resilient and hardworking - they will rebuild but I've heard that it may take up to 8 months for some to get completed. I do feel very Blessed that what happened here is very mild compared to others but I HURT because I can't pitch in and help like I used to be able to do.

Carol - thanks for the info on Aussies. I did my homework before I decided to get Buster so I knew what I was getting into. Having had a Heeler for 8 years, I was aware of the idiosyncrasies of herding dogs. Jake is very well trained and I didn't need another dog but wanted to get one while I still had him so he could help with training. Jake has done a good job with Buster - taught him all the moves to make to basic commands, etc. The biggest thing that hurt Buster's training was me getting so sick last year - it happened at a time when I should have been taking him to the next level for his higher intelligence and I just wasn't able to, but I've have pretty much got him up to speed now. Just this week Buster learned "load in the bed"!! He was so proud of himself (mom was too!). Jake's legs are too short to jump into the bed of the truck so he just sat and watched. I put Jake in the cab and we drove around the yard several times, stopping to let Buster unload and load up again. Now all I have to do is point and snap my fingers and he's in. Jake seems to enjoy sitting back with me and watching Buster do the work - lol! I have never allowed the dogs to get on the couch or the bed. The night we had the bad storm, Buster had already gone to bed and Jake was in the living room with me. All of a sudden, I had 60 lbs of dog in my lap!! If Buster had been there watching, I would have had another 80 lbs of dog in my lap!! LOL!!!

Trish - what a lovely daughter you have! (Takes after her mama!!) And your new "great" is just precious!! Maybe we need to get together and swap blood - I tend to be anemic and have to take iron all the time. Poor dear - you've sure been through the mill with your health - how did the x-ray go??? (hugs!!!) I have been enjoying all the spring flowers this year too! I have so many in my woods and it has been years since I spent a lot of time up there, so that's what I've been concentrating on this spring. I'm moving more into my shade beds and decided to put some up for sale here. You know I've always been a workaholic, so I convinced myself if I could sell some plants, my time spent in the woods could be called "work" - lol!!! Yesterday we went up and I found 2 more plants that I have yet to identify and Buster got introduced to Box Turtles - lol!!! It's also a great energy burner for him - Jake and I walk on the flat and Buster runs up and down the hills. Glad to hear you've gained a bit back - can't have the wind blowing you away!! I've lost a bit too since I became more active but that's the reason I was so glad to have gained!! Summer heat makes me lose my appetite so it's good to get ahead a bit in the winter and then losing doesn't hurt so much. Just be sure to keep up your muscle tone - that's important was we get older!!

Mel - it was fun to watch your squirrel!! I bought a squirrel feeder last fall so I could watch mine from the house during the winter. Too late, I discovered they have relocated farther back into the woods because Buster sees them and likes to give chase. He never catches one but he doesn't stop trying. I have NOT been so entertained this spring with the possums and raccoons that have been coming up on the front porch to eat the cats' food!!!

Penni - I had to look up "Japanese Acer". It looked familiar and I discovered it IS! We call it a Japanese Maple here - lol!! But, from the way the leaves are shaped, I don't think I'd grow one in a pot - folks would think I was growing something else that is common around here and the law would be knocking at my door! Willow and Rosie are adorable!! Most all my life I have had large dogs but I did have a Cocker Spaniel once and she was wonderful company.

Well, I've frittered as much time away today as I dare. Need to get some housework done so I can spend the time outside cleaning up my mess as it gets dried out enough.

You all take care!!!
    Shes
    Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 9th April 2021 at 08:26 PM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Heard this on the radio yesterday and it has been going through my head since.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG...annel=TheKinks

and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNb...l=DarrylHushaw
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Shesa, I am very glad to read that all you have to clear up is debris. We had a tornado touch down about 3 years ago and destroy a barn roof and a garage. Did a fair amount of damage to a farm house too. Only 3 miles from town. I had no idea it would make national news. Friends from Washington were worrying about me. I'm glad I didn't hear about yours that way. Sorry to cause you more work.

I am familiar enough with the new computer that I have been able to get a pile of papers off my desk! Yay!

A dear playmate from my childhood had to be buried yesterday. I decided at the funeral that I don't want to bury any more. My playmate and dear friend had suffered from MS for many years and was in a care facility lately where she developed a kidney infection. She had a kidney removed some time ago so it finished her off. That is #2 girl from our class from school, leaving 2 girls and 4 boys. One of the boys lived his life as a cowboy so has severe arthritis now. I have lost track of one as he hasn't kept in touch. Being the elders is not easy.

My spoiled rotten Aussie now has a cat of her very own, or so she thinks. Monday I take him in for shots and snip. It's gonna be fun. I have purchased and assembled a Cat Tree for him. He hasn't shown any interest in it yet. I will try and get some catnip to try and get his attention. This is the Cat that doesn't live here. My neighbor came over this morning, the one he hides from and he let her open the door for him so he could come in, so I guess we are making progress. He shows me a lot of affection and Sadie is not sure she likes it. Like Dad said once "did you feed it? Then I guess you have yourself a (dog) cat."

Name:  spotsriley.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  53.7 KB

​I guess I'd better get busy now. Love you all.

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information