My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

There is a Winter Storm Warning for tonight until Monday night. Snow and lots of it served with a side of wind, Wyoming style.. Sometimes we have one for Halloween, but this is early. You gotta love it, if you live here. A lot of our Seniors go to Florida or Arizona the end of September.

Thank you all for your good words about the quilt. My grandmother pieced it sometime before 1942 and it has been living in my cedar chest for a long time. I don't even know how it got there as my mother never lived with grandma. Maybe grandpa gave it to her on one of their visits to him. Anyway, I took it to Sewing Club in February, I think, and got the quilters' opinion. Then I saw the fabric on closeout and bought a bolt. So, we will be seeing more of the sunflowers in the future, if I live that long. I have been looking for a little bit of fabric for squares on a sun bonnet Sue I've been working on for a long time and I think I have enough to back that. While I was putting the binding on I noticed that there are Lady Bugs sitting on some of the leaves and petals. I will find an appropriate box tomorrow and mail it Monday if I can get out. Then later in the week I shall have to go vote. The bolt was 15 yards (13.7 meters) and I think we used about half. October 13 was Sewing Club again, and I took the quilt for Sew and Tell.

Welcome to Terri hope you come back to visit again. Penny, I am usually pretty content to stay home and pursue my projects, but I even spent some time being impatient with this stay at home stuff. Feel better. That goes for Trish too.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 25th October 2020 at 12:00 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Talking to myself again, I see. I have some Sadie stories to bore you with. Last Tuesday after the wind died down my neighbors across the street came over dressed in heavy duty outerwear and carrying shovels. They both had hoodies on, so Sadie didn't know who it was. They went right to work shoveling my deck and she went into protect mode. She was inside, so I tried to calm her down but she wasn't buying it. When they finished, I opened the inside door and asked if they wanted to come in and warm up. It was bitter cold, below 0F. Marj answered me and Sadie then knew them and I let her out. She went right to Lon, although she hasn't had a lot of interactions with him.

My housekeeper comes on Tuesday, but due to road conditions I wasn't sure if she would make it. The Interstate was closed from Rawlins to the Wyo/Nebraska state line. She only comes every other week, but Sadie was looking for her anyway and she did make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIKt5p3UmXg

I put the quilt in the mail on Thursday and I sent my DIL a message telling her I did. She sent me a Thumbs UP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCf...?v=TZCfydWF48c

This morning I let Sadie out as usual, then I went to check on her and I saw her laying on the deck watching the sun come up, I guess. I thought to myself, she's getting a bit broad in the beam. Then I got a little closer and saw that the wild cat was cuddled up against her tushie.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hello,
    Just popped in to say that all is well here.
    I'm snowed under with orders for my wax melt snap bars ( sadly, not from here!)

Really brassed off that we are to be locked down again, I miss my family so much.
    I'm happy to announce the birth of my 7th great grandchild - little Harper Marie, here she is with her cousins,

Lovely to hear all about Sadie and what's going on in your neck of the woods Wyo. Please never think that it is boring. I for one find it very interesting and entertaining.
    I wish that I could offer such newsy little bits of info, but I guess life here in Suffolk is really boring - as I have said before, the most excitement I get lately is having a wee in the shower...
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Sadie is such a delight to me, sometimes I think I talk about her too much, but I'm glad you all enjoy her antics.

I received an email from my son yesterday and the quilt arrived on Monday. I was blown away, He said "the quilt arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous". I am surprised he used gorgeous. Anyway very glad to know it is home. On to the next one, which is at the long arm ladies right now. Covid 19 has raised it's ugly head once again and Sewing Club has been cancelled for November. Interestingly Wyoming has passed a mandatory mask law? ordinance? Laramie County sheriff has all ready stated they won't be enforcing it. Masks weren't required at the voting location, but was at the grocery store. If you can picture it, people in Wyoming, particularly the men open carry their weapons. A lot of people just tie a handkerchief folded diagonally around their head. So, imagine a man in jeans, boots, and a hat doing both. Amusing, perhaps. Stetson hats are considered dress here, so for everyday a baseball cap is the preferred headgear. What are they thinking? I mostly just stay at home, less confusing.

The house next door is being painted medium blue with dark blue trim and chocolate brown garage doors - not sure about that last. I have been told that daughter and husband are going to live there and the present family is moving out in the country to the acreage they bought NE of town. They have been working on this for more than a year, so who knows for sure? The lots that I let the kids graze their sheep on has been over grazed and for the last 4-3 years the kids have not mowed my yard for me as was originally agreed upon. Before the snow storm, one of the girls came over and asked to put their rams (male sheep) on some lots I have downtown. I said no because of their failure to hold up the previous deal. The girl that asked has a mental disability so I didn't give her a lot of details. I think she is mad at me now. Well, like Lorraine says, she will have to get glad in the same shoes. I should not let them use the original property even, but I haven't been able to talk to anyone else from the family about it and I suspect that's why she was sent to ask. The other possibility is that the 2 girls left at home cooked this up without talking to Mom about it. I really don't care, I'm not going to let them use more land.

OK, I'm just over the moon that my son loved the quilt.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 4th November 2020 at 08:53 PM.

I YDC, Do you?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has been cold here the last few days. Not looking forward to the icy days. I would stick to my guns Wyo and not let them graze. Was going to look out some tunes but got distracted by crafting technique videos! A new listen from me. Heard it on Planet Rock radio and loved it. Hope you enjoy it too
    Black Stone Cherry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyr_...ackStoneCherry
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

WOW!!!!!
    Penni - that Black Stone Cherry choon just blew me away! I nearly rocked myself outta ma chair...lol!!! (No dust on speakers now, I blew it off!)
    Keep 'em coming girl! MORE please!

Wyo, I love to read your posts, they are so interesting and they conjure up so many images of country life in Wyoming.
    Will the champagne be on ice tonight after your Presidential election result?

Nothing much to talk about here - there are a number of fireworks going off as I write. I feel melancholy as November 5th or bonfire night used to be a big family event here.
    All my kids would chip in with boxes of fireworks, we would have a small bonfire in the back garden, and I would cook fried onions, bangers, burgers and jacket spuds on the barbeque. The little ones would have sparklers and then toast marshmallows. There would be toffee apples, mulled wine and apple cider on hand. So very sad to see a family tradition go down the Swanee.

I get a break from cooking tonight, JR is tucking into an Indian meal - chicken Vindaloo - mine is crispy duck and pancakes with spring onions.
    Better shoot off now, almost time to watch Strictly! (Sad, I know! - but what's a woman to do on a cold, damp and miserable, November night?)
    Answers on a postcard - or if they are indecent, phone me ......
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Good evening all, hope everyone is o.k.

Penni, Black Stone Cherry are a great band, I have a few of their albums, definately a throwback to the bands of the seventies. Mentioning the seventies sad news this week of the passing of Ken Hensley one of the founding members of Uriah Heep a band I saw many many times in the seventies. So forgive me if I indulge and post a couple of their tracks.

Uriah Heep - Gypsy first heard this when in the sixth form from the album Very 'eavy

Uriah Heep - July Morning from the album Look at yourself, that had a mirror front cover.

Both these tracks feature Ken on keyboards.

Here are a few more seventies bands that knew how to rock...................

Budgie - Breadfan the original heavy metal trio from Wales

Heart - Barracuda the Wilson sisters before they became the soft rock band

Black Sabbath - Paranoid Ozzy at his best

Deep Purple - Child in time From Made in Japan a live classic

P.F.M. - Celebration the best prog rock band to come out of Italy

Lone Star - She said she said a great cover version of the Beatles track, sounding a bit like Free

Ahh, Books, Ghost chickens in the sky - FOMCL! (fell out of my chair laughing).

Saturday and Sunday were really windy, with Saturday being the worst. Sadie now sticks her nose out of the door to see if she really wants out or not. I got a bit depressed because I hadn't seen a human being all day and Sunday same story.

I ventured into the big city today, got a haircut, dropped the Janome at the repair shop for it's annual maintenance Arrrgh! and picked up a new battery for my e-cig. They had a pretty purple one. The long arm lady had said she probably wouldn't get to #2 quilt until the middle of November, I said good, I have other projects to work on. I finished a new mask for me. Laramie has a mandatory mask policy now however the Cheyenne Police and Laramie County Sheriff said they aren't enforcing it. In other words it maybe there, but don't call and tattle tale on your enemies. They are claiming a second wave, but I think Covid 19 is just making it's way across country. Sadly we have a couple of cases in our town area.

My friend Lorraine came to see me last Tuesday and brought me a couple of books with Sun Bonnet Sue patterns. There was even a Fisherman Fred and Overall Sam. I'm thinking a Sue and Sam potholder pair would be neat! May have to do some math for that. Have to see how big the blocks are. I also bought a neat pattern called Chasing Windmills! Quilts, what else. I may be acquiring a new addiction. Am I to old for that? I am working on a crocheted pot holder with a sunflower in the middle. I made one a couple of years ago, but I can't find it and I didn't list it, but I did take pictures. I may find it once I get the new one done.

Mr. Spots didn't show up for lunch today, I wonder where he has go to.

I am not quite sure how to react to the election results. I will say I didn't vote for either, if Trump won it would have been SOSDD from the Democrats and I don't have very high hopes for Biden/Harris. I think she's horrible. I wouldn't object to a lady president, but I'm not sure she is on the right path. Of course, Wyoming is a fly over state and our Electoral votes went for Trump, nothing I could do about that. I do think Cynthia Lummis is our new senator, but she replaces another Republican so no big change there. I knew her father and I think she's a good choice.

I guess that's all I know and I think I'll go find some supper. Y'all behave while I'm gone.

Oops! I just heard a couple of C130's flying over.

I YDC, Do you?

Hey All!!

Popped in on the site to see if anybody else has been having trouble getting their Pay Pal card activated. Tried 2 different numbers and tried through the site for 2 weeks now - NO GO!!

Not at all surprised that so many are suffering from depression. I've dealt with it all my life too but haven't had it in quite some years - until now It's very understandable with all that is going on - even the weather has been depressed!! Most all summer it was cloudy and gray - very little sunshine at all - good news is that the winter is predicted to be relatively mild - yea!

It seems to have been a summer of "breakdowns" in a lot of ways - I now have a new regulator system in the truck for the passenger window - spent a good 3 months with plastic on the door until I could get someone to fix it. Was going to do it myself but worried that my left arm would give out and I'd drop the window - yikes!! LOL!!! I had to repair the weed eater and get a new lawn mower and a new washer and dryer! Still working on getting my Win 10 up and ready to use - BOOKS - why don't you pop on over and set it up for me I'll fix you a great big country dinner?????

I did finally get my "mojo" back and have been working almost non-stop around here. Outside and inside!! I've been in a mood to downsize and have hauled off several loads of "junk" to the dump, taken about 2 loads of "stuff" to the storage unit for that charity I was involved with and taken about 10 bags of clothes to the donation bin. Wanda is coming today to pick up my old washer and dryer and some other scrap metal stuff. Her dryer broke down and mine only needs a new "ON" switch so she will make a bit of cash and have a new dryer and I'll have a bit less "clutter".

The critters are all ready for winter - got hay out for everybody, etc. They are all doing well except for Jack (Great Pyr) and he's just getting old so he gets pampered as much as possible until his time comes. Spent 5 days burning yard debris and have one more area I'd like to get cleaned up before it gets too cold. With any luck, I'll be able to get outside and work some through the winter. I've been focusing on building back all the muscle I lost from being so inactive for so long - gained 4 lbs!! - so I hope to keep that up!!!

Lost a good friend to cancer in October and went to his funeral. Other than that, I've only been going to town once a month for errands and out of town to order the washer and dryer - delivery and hook-up included!!

WYO - the quilts are gorgeous!!!! LOL!! "Gorgeous" is now common vernacular!

PENNI - you hang in there and kick that depression to the curb!! That's what I'm going to do!!!

TERRI - welcome to the Lounge

TRISH - thanks for the hug - they are always welcome!! I read that if a person could get 15 hugs per day, they would have enough endorphins created to maintain optimum mental health! I hope critter hugs count

BOOKS - thanks for the cartwheel - Woohoo!!!!!

This has become my new "theme song" for these crazy times - crank it up loud and sing!!! I've been playing it so much that Jake and Buster get up to "dance" when they hear it and this morning Jake even started to "sing" - lol!! Yes, I sing and dance with the boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKybUusyP8

You all take care until next time!!

Shes

Thread Information