My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Sadie story - Warning, Warning! Friday I received via FedEx a package of peaches and nectarines (yum). It sat for awhile out by the gate. No notice, No nothing. Yesterday the box came via FedEx the order from Chewy. What a ruckus was raised (guess who). I went right out and the driver remarked at what a difference Sadie was from the other dogs on his route. She was being quiet by this time. Inside the box was a new brush, a Thunder Shirt and a box of Denta Stix. Denta Stix are her favorite thing. In the morning I feed her, make my coffee and get my coffee. I step into the pantry and get her Denta Stix and I cannot leave the pantry - the door is blocked. Hmmm! can you guess by whom? As soon as she has the stix she runs off and all is quiet for a minute or two. I hope I never run out, I'll be living in the pantry. Keep getting better and better - Pos. The rest of you keep safe.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Well!
    It took me a while to find this thread, it's been a long time since anyone posted here.

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to report the loss of our dear Reina. She was 10, and has gone over that doggy rainbow bridge to meet up with her long lost buddy, Kaiser.

Frank, the Dachshund sausge dog (as in frankfurter!) has been taken back home by Lucia, his rightful owner, she left us in charge when her previous relationship broke up , so now we are dogless.
    It's hard not to be welcomed with a frantic wagging of tails and excited yaps and barks, seems so very quiet now.

I hope the ruddy cats don't start using my garden for their toilet - not a good omen yesterday when I left the back door open at around 6.00am.
    (I don't sleep well and always get up to make a cup of tea very early am.)
    I took some garbage to the outside bin at the bottom of the garden, and stopped to observe the progress of the grape vine cuttings in the greenhouse.
    When I went back to go indoors a black cat shot out of my kitchen, and scarpered past me. I almost cr@pped myself, it scared the hell out of me.

I'm too upset to converse much, but I will leave you with a pic of my lost doggie friends - Kaiser (German Emperor) and Reina (Spanish Queen).

Name:  Kai and Reina.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  42.1 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry to hear your sad news Trish.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

It is always so hard to lose our friends and companions, my condolences Trish.

We have had some cooler temperatures this week. Monday night I even turned the furnace back on. I haven't heard it run since that night, but I am sure it probably runs during the night.

I had a nice surprise Tuesday, my friend Lorraine showed up and came in with a bag in her hand. It was my Grandmother's quilt that we took to the quilter the first part of August. She had the invoice marked as August 12 that she received it. It is lovely. as soon as I get the binding on, I will take pictures. The quilting makes a world of difference in the appearance. My goal for this year was to get this quilt finished. Perhaps I will get the other one done also.

Not much neighborhood action here. The kids are back in school, fair is over, and we are settling into fall. One neighbor has been canning all week, pickles and jellies. We had a sparse wheat harvest due to weather and the price is down, so we'll see. We won't sell the wheat until January maybe the price will go up.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

The above post should have said sorry to read about you losing Reina Trish and I hope the cats don't take over your garden. We have a problem with cats, most of our neighbours have them and whenever we dig over or weed the flower here they are on there as soon as we've done.

Hi everyone,
    well - we need to get the drinks in for our birthday boy of yesterday!

Belated birthday wishes Mel xxx

I'm a tad worried - I had to venture out on Tuesday - they wanted some blood samples at the medical centre to check on my polycythemia.
    I was very apprehensive about leaving the house as I have been shielding, but it was all very controlled and I didn't have contact with anyone else apart from the phlebotamist. As usual, we had a struggle to get enough blood to fill all the tubes, my arms are bruised and sore. This afternoon at 4.58pm they rang me to tell me to contact the centre first thing in the morning. Now I shall be worrying all night wondering what is wrong.

Wyo, would love to see your pictures of the quilt, I bet it's beautiful.

Here in Suffolk, we are enjoying some lovely weather. It has been warm and sunny just lately and the forecast is for a glorious weekend and early next week with temps up to 26C by Tuesday. Teagan, Lucia and Dominic and their families are all coming here on Sunday for what will be the last barbeque of the year. We will not be able to all be together again after Sunday, as gatherings over 6 people will no longer be allowed due to the escalating rise of coronavirus cases.
    Obviously, social distancing rules will be mandatory, we shall all be outside in the garden - and sadly no hugging or kissing the kiddies ... sob...

I'm worried about our Posbear ... haven't heard from him for a while.
    If you can, big bear - let us know how you are ....
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Name:  Monster1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  22.0 KB Name:  Monster2.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  38.5 KB Name:  Monster3.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  33.0 KB

Now that this is finished and going to her new home tomorrow, I will start on binding the quilt and than I'll take pictures before it goes to its new home.

It's been awhile since I started this one.

I hope Posbear is recovered!!

I YDC, Do you?

Hey, y'all!

I guess it's been more than "a hot minute" since I've been in here, as I can't find my last post.

Trish - so sorry you lost your furbaby

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Wyo and Books!

Wyo - loved your Sadie story! Buster is learning more every day and if he's half as smart as Sadie I'll be happy - we are working on "no bark" when a car just drives down the road. Jake hates thunder and would go get his tee-shirt every time he heard it....until Buster came along....

Pos - hope you're doing well!!

I've been staying very busy outside getting caught up on things. When It's raining and I'm stuck inside, I have no internet service so can't get online to do anything - frustrating, but it is what it is.

Here's Jake and Buster down by the "newly remodeled" creek after the last flood. We now have "Islands in the Stream" the large one here and a smaller one down by the road.

Name:  20200915 After Flood2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  420.5 KB

That's mainly due to the idiot hunters next door that thought they could fill in their washed out bank with chert to keep their trees from falling over here.

Name:  20200915 After Flood5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  352.7 KB

And on that note, I'll leave you with a choon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2RBS_U0GoQ

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hey everyone,
    Shes - you picked a brilliant choon for your post! Lovely to see Jake and Buster enjoying their time spent around the creek. Your location looks idyllic, but
    what a bummer losing internet connection - I think most of us would crack up...lol!

Lovely work again Wyo, can't wait to see pics of the quilt.

The Sunday barby went well, weather was lovely, and everyone had a good time, although tears were shed when it was all over and time to go home.
    No idea when we will all be able to meet up together again - a pox on this coronavirus I say!

I do hope that our dear Pos is OK, I do worry about him, also dear books - you OK ?

Now, you might be interested to see what we discovered in our garden last week.
    We found one at first - ole JR thought it was a baby snake!
    I researched it and found out what it was - then we had another one trawling across the garden looking for a suitable place to rest for the winter until next July when it hatches out into ..... dare I say it? .... an Elephant Hawk Moth ... You must know by now that I'm terrified of moths!

Here are the pics -

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  17.2 KBName:  003.jpg
Size:  17.2 KBName:  004.jpg
Size:  33.7 KB

and this is the end result ....

Holy Moses - I'm so spooked out - better get a large JD to calm my nerves!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hi everyone, just popping in to say i'm ok. I have now stated to receive my state pension !!!! Also I have reduced my hours at work to just 12 a week working in the evenings after the store is shut (B&Q). It's really nice, no customers to bother me.

I have treated myself to a new PC and I am having to get used to Windows 10, quite a bit different to Vista that was on my old one that eventually gave up the ghost.

I will have a go at putting some tunes on maybe tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

Mel (books)

Thread Information