Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Bear & Trish am so sorry that you are both unwell, hope you both stay on the mend hope it improves quickly for both of you. We both wish you a speedy recovery.

So glad to read that Pos is recovering, Trish is trying, and a grandma again! Congratulations Lucia!

Things are looking up here also. I think I have found the part we need to finish the bathroom repair, I'm waiting on my handy man to return and I can show him what I have found. Do I dare dream of a hot shower - maybe not yet.

Trish, there is a little bread left and probably later this week a fresh loaf. I hope these shortages and frustration will calm down a bit. My housekeeper found my paper towels! Also glad to hear from our other pub pals.

My friend in Oklahoma called yesterday and we had a nice visit. Her daughter has goats among them some Nigerian (I think) pygmy goats. All the goats are female. A neighbor brought over a male goat to visit and he was really busy. His name was Hank. First baby was male, got named Bocephus and the daughter was off and running. They now also have Chirstopher, Willie, and Waylon. I've forgotten the girls name. But Hank Williams Jr., Willie Nelson, Kris Kristopherson, and Waylon Jennings have all performed as The Highwaymen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwq7NxGQeOw
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Thank you all for your kind words and get well and congrats to Grandma Trish!
    I wonder if WYO had her shower fixed?

Just letting you know that it I am now into my second week of Covid 19 and still on the mend.

What I am left with are breathlessness, intermittent dry cough and poor leg mobility.
    I have a Cross-Trainer that I use to keep fit (ish) on, but after a couple of strides breathing is difficult, need to breath to exercise, need to exercise to keep my legs from getting muscle wastage.
    My voice has no power and no oomph!
    I suppose it will all and eventually and some sorts of normality will resume, but 'normal' has never been one of my attributes

When I last posted I had said that I had no appetite, well that changed at 5pm, got a text from son #3 that just said "DOOR"
    So I opened the front door and there was my son at the end of the path with a big grin on his face (even with a mask on, you can see it in the eyes!)
    On the doorstep was a carrier bag and in the carrier bag was a food container with a lid on.
    He said it was a cure for lack of apetite and then he was gone!
    What I had received was a 1L sized container of homemade steak and veg casserole with roasted potatoes on the top, his partner had made it and it was the first time that I had tried her home cooking.
    It was just like my mum's home cooking, she is a lovely young lady and I am hoping that they stay together, they seem so well suited.

Please stay safe!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posbear! So glad to hear you are perking along, even if it's slow going. Lots of people seem to take quite awhile to recover, so don't rush it. A good, homecooked meal was obviously what you needed! What a sweet thing for them to do. My stepson, in his late 20's, a doc, had the virus, and he's in marathon-runner shape. It laid him up IN BED for over a week. So don't feel bad. Thanks for the update!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Pos - That DOOR sounded delicious! Glad someone who can be there physically is looking out for you. Keep on truckin!

I had a shower yesterday morning, Ahhh heaven. Still not as warm as I like it, but not too shabby. My handy man called on Tuesday and was here on Wednesday and repaired the broken part and I was able to find the desired faucet online (I hope). We have ordered 2 that turned out to be wrong, so I am a bit
    skeptical but I ordered it and it is supposedly on the way. But, if I am careful I will be able to shower until we get the permanent fix in.

Buddy actually improved during his camping adventure. His Mama said he went into the camping trailer all by himself and the neighbor says he isn't barking at them now. So, I hope he will be able to enjoy his life now. It's time to go over and let him out, so I'll go for now.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hey All

Pos, Trish - so sorry to hear you've been "off your feed" (Wyo will get that if nobody else does - lol!) I hope you both continue to recover "in quick time" (VA has me thinking with my military brain again!)

Trish - so HAPPY to hear about the birth of your new granddaughter - congrats to Lucia on a job well done!! I hope they are getting "settled in" and am sure the baby is running the show - lol!

I'm also so sorry to hear about Reina.

Wyo - you keep those bull snakes out of your yard - they sure can pack a punch when they bite! Don't want to come back and see you or Sadie has been bitten. If you know of anybody that has cat litter boxes, the used litter works pretty well for keeping the snakes away - they don't like the smell any more than we do - lol!

After 2 years reprieve of snakes, I had one come in the coops and "try" to get one of my larger chicks, but had to leave it behind so I don't know what kind it was. I will be putting my used litter around the coops from now on. Sadly, I've lost 2 others - maybe due to the heat wave (?), so I'm down to 5 chicks for the year. Not a real productive year, as it got too hot too fast. Sorry, Trish - haven't got any pics of the new chicks - keep forgetting to take the camera out.

Burgyeb, HerMajesty and Mandart - nice to see you posting and hope all is well with you and yours.

We are getting more Covid 19 cases in the county - outside of the prison now, sadly. My "defense" against it has been immune system boosting herbs and just staying too busy for it to "catch" me! When I found out a fundraiser had been cancelled for WCHH, I picked up the ball and was down at the park all day raising money on 3 July. With so many shuts-in due to the Virus and a surplus of chicken eggs, I've been playing "Egg Lady" in my neck of the woods. One friend has cancer and is going through chemo, another is a widower (I used to take him and his wife to doctor appointments, etc) who has breathing difficulties and an older couple that I have known for years that are very sweet. He gets out very little, her not at all. It's like a mini-vacay for me - driving down the dirt back roads with all their twists, curves and hills lined with trees is very relaxing. I've also gone to the river a couple of times to help a friend deliver wood to the campers and that is relaxing too and not really hard work, as he has a dump bed on his truck - lol!

The weather has either been stormy or "stinkin' hot" so I haven't gotten much done outside this year - flower bed needs weeded badly, but I do have some spinach and tomatoes growing in the garden! I'm finally getting caught up on projects in the house. I know - it's about time!, right?? LOL!!

I lost one of my 3 Stooges - it was Larry and he liked to go across the creek to chase mice in the woods, frogs, whatever he could find to chase, while Mo stayed pretty close to home and Curly is in the house. He was gone for 4 days and when he was finally able to get himself home, he acted like he'd been poisoned and I couldn't save him. I'm thinking those AL hunters put out poison for the mice - they have turned into "not-so-good" neighbors for various reasons One of the young women I worked with at the fundraiser has a cat that just gave birth to 3 kittens - 2 boys and a girl. She told me Mama was a bob tailed manx and one boy has a bob tail, one a long tail and the girl a half a tail Since my youngest female is 14 y/o, I'll keep the girl in the house so I have a "breeder" when I need one and the boys can help Mo outside with the mice.

Buster is getting to be more "settled" since turning 1 y/o and Jake has been a good teacher for him to follow. They both got baths yesterday and I think I got wetter then both of them combined. Jake has always love having the hose run on him, as well as the vac wand to suck up loose hair. Buster is getting better with the hose but still runs from the vac. One of these days he will learn what he is missing - lol!!

Oops! I just noticed that I missed lunch! I cancelled the yard mowing today - it's just too hot for "man or beast" to be out working. I guess I'll go eat and take the rest of the day off until it's time to feed.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hi everyone,
    Hope that all poorly folk are feeling a little bit better.

Pos, it gladdens my heart to hear that your sons are looking after you, and encouraged you to eat a good hearty meal.

Wyo, glad you managed a shower, hope that your new faucet fitted just right. I suppose I'm a bit too late to enjoy a slice or two of your home-baked bread - pity really, as it would have gone down just perfect with the big pan of beef stew and dumplings for tonights dinner.
    Really should be dining on lighter foods, like salads and such, but it's been so miserable here weather-wise I thought that a good hearty stew would add some cheer!

Your most gracious Maj, I hope your stepson has made a good recovery, I keep reading about such bad side-effects of patients who have had the virus, many complications are reported to have set in later.

Well, JR and I are still reasonably OK - he has to go to the hospital in just over a weeks time for further X-rays on his ankle. He is getting very lame.
    I'm still shuffling about with my chronic hip and back pain. So brassed off with it, I'm finding it harder to do the stuff I need to do.
    I'm coping with it myself, I'm too scared to phone the quack in case I need to go to hospital - cannot risk that with my bronchiectasis lung condition.

On Sunday, it is JR's birthday. Teagan, Lucia and Dominic and their families are all coming to visit and we were planning on having a barby, but the weather isn't looking as good as was first forecast. No-one will be staying overnight, and we all planned to keep our social distances outside the house.
    It will be lovely to see them all, and to hold my new granddaughter, if allowed. Just have to wait and see.

Keep safe everyone, and let us know how you are doing - haven't heard from books lately - calling books - check in!

Now - if you are feeling a bit low, here is a choon to (hopefully) cheer you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a45z_HG3WU
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Oh SHES! My dear pal!
    I missed your post as I was typing my message, then I had emails from the clan Richardson to reply to.
    Lucia just sent me a photo of baby Adriana
    Name:  adriana 2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  52.2 KB
    Isn't she just sooo cute!
    I have to dash now, but will reply to your posting asap!
    Wonderful to hear from you ....
    Sorry I couldn't erase the second pic - eBids photo arrangements are somewhat troublesome at times!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Trish, what an adorable baby and I love the name, how pretty! I made a loaf of bread yesterday and it didn't turn out too bad. I try to keep the flours distributed evenly, but there is always a difference in the height of the right end and the left end. The right end is smaller. Not too bad, and it doesn't affect the taste. I don't remember if I have told you, but I put in White, Whole Wheat, and Oats. Must slice thin and toast twice. LOL!

Shesa I have a feral cat that lives under my house. but that didn't seem to deter this snake. I haven't seen him since and if Sadie has, she's kept her mouth shut about it. There are 6 houses in a block area that are homes to 13 dogs and they were all raising a ruckus. Cheering Sadie on perhaps?

The new hardware for the bathtub fit, and works. I lost my hand held shower head, but I've not given up on that yet and I will need an adapter when I find it. But I can get a decent cleaning now.

Anyone who wishes to give me information on immigrating and living in Canada, I welcome any knowledge. I am worried about our government and I thought I might be able to relocate to British Columbia with a minimum of trauma. I see the weather is milder than Wyo. Near Vancouver would be nice.

Glad to see Pos and Maj here, everyone please stay well!

I YDC, Do you?

​My research into immigrating didn't turn out so well, I'm too old. Sounds like they would like more citizens 18-35. Ah well. The pictures were really pretty!

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information