Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hey Trish, you and JR be careful, we need to be vigilant about this virus.

I've told my sons to stop visiting me for the time being, I'll sure miss the warm hugs from my grandchildren.

We must be positive though, the quicker we respond to the experts advice, the quicker it will be over with, ( if they give out good advice ).

I just wanted to say that I wish all members a safe journey through this world changing event.

I'll get some more choons together for you soon Trish.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Name:  bluecrazy1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  93.3 KB, Name:  Bluecrazy2.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  63.7 KB

I finished this yesterday. I'm kind of proud of this one.

Today is supposed to be in the 40's. Talked to the coop today and they got hit this weekend, but I will try tomorrow. Thursday another snow storm is supposed to be moving in. I have had enough Winter, thank you. Here is a good song I missed during the weather songs, until POS finds some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0e8_foDmU

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts
    Last edited by Maelbrigda; 17th March 2020 at 10:54 AM.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Hi everyone, sorry i've been awol. Been busy listing and also recovering from a stinking cold (not the dreaded Covid19). Just caught up with everyone's posts, some great tunes folks.

Wyo I first heard the Eddie Rabbit track when over in Canada late seventies, it was on the local radio station out of Fredriction, played most days whilst driving around.

Penny not heard the Less than Jake track since we closed our shop we sold a fair few of their singles and albums, even importing 7" singles from the States and bizzarely sending many of them back over there as sales on our old website!!

Trish sorry to hear that you won't be seeing your grandkids in person for a while, same for you Pos. We all must do our best to keep each other safe, such strange times.

Anyway being as Trish mentioned some of my tunes here we go with a good old list to have a listen to.

Sniff 'n' The Tears - "Driver's Seat"

The James Gang - Walk Away with a very young Joe Walsh

Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

Joe Jackson - It's Different For Girls

Haircut 100 - Love Plus One

The Smithereens - A Girl Like You

Ten Years After - Love Like a Man

J J Cale - Cocaine

Eric Clapton - Lay down Sally

Gil Scot Heron - The Bottle

Billy Preston - Will It Go Round in Circles

King Harvest - Dancing in the Moonlight

Ozark Mountain Daredevils ~ If You Wanna Get To Heaven

Sleepy Labeef - Boogie woogie country man

Imelda May - Johnny's Got A Boom Boom

Hope there's something there for everyone.

Hello everyone,
    Hope you are all well, and not too downhearted with all that is going on around us, sad and worrying times for us all.
    Tomorrow will be the first Mother's Day that I shall not be celebrating along with my kids.
    They are all keeping well away from JR and I, who are self isolating.
    Luckily, we do have a large garden, so we are keeping busy doing things outside.
    Thank goodness the weather has improved, it's lovely sunny and bright, but still far too cold with biting wind coming from the east.

We managed to get a grocery delivery yesterday. I booked it just before all the manic supermarket panic buying, but still ended up with half my order.
    Managed to get bread, milk, eggs, cheese, some veggies and our medicine - Whisky!
    Some essentials were missing, especially potatoes and teabags, but we shall just have to try and manage with what we did get delivered and what is in the freezer.

JR now has no income (apart from his pension) now that the Royal British Legion club has shut down. He hasn't worked there since the day before he had his Parastomal hernia op. He couldn't start back anyway, even if the club hadn't been closed, because of our need to self isolate. Better tighten our belts!

My heart goes out to all the people who have been so badly affected with this Coronavirus nightmare and also thank the Lord for all the selfless, hardworking, totally dedicated nurses, doctors, paramedics and all hospital staff and delivery drivers who are risking their own lives to care for and support others. They all deserve a medal - cue Her Majesty!

Thanks for all the super choons, keep 'em rolling in!
    Wyo, your handiwork, as ever, is just amazing. I do so admire your choices of fabrics, so pretty.

For anyone feeling under the weather .... here is a little pick-you-up! Jolly good medicine!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

​Hello from across the pond! We also are self isolating with California and New York in a Governor ordered quarantine. My friend Gary went to the store in Pine Bluffs and got me some eggs and creamer. Not my usual brand, but it tastes good and I figured I was taxing his male brain with the International Delight Caramel Machiato. They had a stash of toilet paper, so they gave me some of that too which I have not had to open yet.

We had snow & wind yesterday, Young Cody had to bring his tow truck out and pull someone out of the ditch, same area where Older Cody pulled 4 people out with his tractor. Not surprisingly, I know several Garys and Codys. Cowboy names, right?

Trish, I am glad you enjoy my pictures. Sometimes I think of my efforts as painting with fabric. I found a pattern for a wall hanging in one of my quilt books that I absolutely fell in love with. I probably should take it out of my shop as I have several post it bookmakers stuck to various pages. I am now attempting to make a pair of hot mats from it and if I succeed, I may try a cushion cover. I have a plastic storage box filled with scraps - mine and Mom's and when I have an idea I hit it. I was thinking Mom's scraps are vintage until the other day when it hit me, so are mine, as am I. LOL!

Name:  Hearts1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  70.4 KB

I am debating whether to make the backing out of the purple or the blue flowered.

Sadie is happy it is nice and warm today. Even Buddy and Angel were enthused about the outside this morning. The sun is shining and the sky is blue.

For Sadie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh0dLIuIu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jb9zWd4n4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQswfILThsY

Is everyone awake now?

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 21st March 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

wyo I would choose the purple.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Hi Penni, I agree.
    I like the purple best as well.

Hey Wyo, hope you aren't constipated - seeing as your toilet paper is still unopened!
    I'm glad to hear that your pal Gary is helping you out.

(Erm, just read this message back and had to edit it to say that I'm glad that Gary is helping out with your shopping - not the constipation!)

Not been too bad a day here, as I was upset about it being Mothers Day and couldn't be with my kids.
    I was lucky enough to speak to all five of my children, they all phoned and skyped. It broke my heart though when the little ones were calling me and asking to come over to see me and grandad. At least we got to interact a bit, thanks to skype.
    I had some lovely pressies from them all, bless 'em! Sure wished that I had my arms full of kiddies though, right now!

I'm feeling melancholy - wondering what is happening to our wonderful world, as we know it .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzrABouyeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DZ...fRVaww&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB4K...t_radio=1&t=18
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 22nd March 2020 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Bit of a blunder!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hey all!

Have been trying to post here for several days but either the Capatcha thingy won't come up or I get a message "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing." after I do the Capatcha thingy and try to submit the post. Don't know if it is the site or if weather in the area is affecting my signal. Or maybe I'm just "too chatty"?? LOL!

Getting logged into the forums themselves took several tries and I had to use the link in the statement as the log in link at the top did not work at all. I'm not contacting support about it because it may be my issue.

Hope everybody continues to avoid old Covid

Shes

Hey Shes!
    Great to hear from you gal!
    No way are you "too chatty" !!! Lol!!!
    I'm sure all 'cocktailers' just love to read your informative and entertaining posts!

I think the eBid forums are a great way to keep in touch with both old and new found friends, especially right now as lots of us have to self isolate and may be feeling a tad sad and lonely.

Lucia phoned yesterday, in floods of tears.
    She is living with her partner now, but misses her mum and dad and her dogs who we are looking after for her, and she so wanted to be with me and her daddy.
    She is pregnant, as you all know, and very emotional. Afraid of the future and just paranoid about losing us to the virus.

I got a skype from Isla and Ava last night, it just broke my heart to hear and see my little granddaughters wanting to come and see us. (Gulp, holding back tears)

I'm doing my bit to be the strong matriarch of the family, but it's hard when all five of my children are feeling so distressed.
    Thank goodness for modern day technology where we can chat and see each other.

I'm now going to get me hooters out ......
    JR is also joining me .... In readiness for the 8pm salutation and applause for our totally manificent NHS workers and everyone on the frontline who have risked their own lives to care for coronavirus patients.

Keep safe y'all,

Remember ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information