My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi Trish, been to Stapleford and Beeston many times. Used to be a couple of really good charity shops in Beeston, though not been for a while so they may have gone by now. Used to have some friends of my mum & dad who lived at Stapleford sadly no longer with us. There are lots of little "towns" in Nottingham's suburbs all merging into one these days. We tend to visit Arnold quite a bit as it's on our side of the city and only takes us about 20 minutes to get there.

Hey all

We got an "extra" day this year so I'm only going to do what I want and feed the critters. Sorry I haven't been around much - didn't realize it had been before Christmas that I've been in here. I thought I'd posted here after seeing the talk about the dog chew toys - maybe I didn't hit post?? Or maybe I just "lurked" like Mael when I was updating listings?? Yep - finally got my mojo back and my brain has been going 6 different directions at once since then

WYO, it looks like you got enough snow for both of us!!! I'm glad you've had lots of sewing to keep you busy. Sorry to hear you had a fall and are now on oxygen meds I had the same problem with brushing Buster's rear and started holding him up with one arm under his middle so he couldn't sit and now that he's used to it, he's okay. The puzzle toys are cute but I don't think they would work for Buster - he would chew the toy until he got the treat! I finally found Dyno-bones that he can't destroy. One review said it took 18 mos for a dog to get it down to the size where the owner had to take it away so it wouldn't be swallowed whole. I love Sadie's raincoat!! Too cute!!

TRISH - Love the pics of the kids at Christmas! Christmas isn't Christmas without kids and fur kids don't count - lol! Glad to hear that JR's scans came back okay! As much as I hate doctors/tests, I did get MRIs done on my whole back and so far it's just mild to moderate, so if I quit working like a "field hand" maybe I can get a few more years out of it before it has to have surgery. Another granddaughter - how awesome!! Which name did they pick??

ANNIE - so sorry to hear that you are having to think about future care for you dad - it's sad to think about those things. I'm sure you will (or have) made some good decisions.

POS - sorry to hear about the CTS. I've had it since a car accident when I was 22 and have to wear braces sometimes when I'm working. For the computer, I got a mouse pad with a wrist support - that helps a lot! And now Norovirus?? I hope you feel better soon! Big Bear Hugs for you!!

BOOKS - since it seems you started the "weather choons" can I blame you for all the bad weather here?? Just kidding!! It's been bad all winter - lots of thunder storms - between 2 of them 6 tornadoes spawned in the county just east of here. What a crazy non-winter we've had here - only once did it get cold enough to turn the pipe heaters on and I usually have them on for the whole month of Feb. Daffodils blooming in January?? Forsythia in February?? We had one snow that didn't even survive the whole day but Buster got to see his first snow - wasn't quite sure what to do with it!

CAMBRENSIS - nice to see you here - got a good chuckle "visualizing" trying to smoke a pipe with head between knees!

I feel for ya Trish - the winds we've had with the storms have done some damage here too - no "property" damage like yours, but I did have to have a second tree cut before it fell and another tree that almost got snapped in two but it got hung up in some other trees so it is literally "hanging by a limb"! LOL!! The pile of limbs that have been blown off the trees is getting bigger every week! The creek has gotten high numerous times but NOT breached the bank. It has cut into the bank of the hunters place next door to the point that I called him and let him know he needed to do something before one of us got some damage - the hunters all live down in Alabama and haven't been here since deer season.

It must be the "season" for hair cuts - I got mine cut too After 12 years of all one length down to my waist, I'm feeling VERY light headed these days - LOL!! I go to a barber and he was very patient with me - took 3 cuts (a little at a time - I think I was just scared to make a drastic change - lol!) before I got it like I wanted it. I ended up paying about the same that I would have paid to a beautician around here that would have cut it the way she wanted it, so it was worth the trips.

2020 has been good so far (other than the weather!) I'm learning more about Gateway House - it's just one part of a bigger organization called Wayne County Helping Hands that helps people fighting addictions. I had a phone "interview" in January and asked a lot of questions. I have been to one of their Board Meetings and am now in charge of two fundraisers. I had said I'd help with fundraising but didn't want to be in charge - look how far that got me - lol!! One is a Silent Auction at their 10 Year Anniversary Banquet and the other is a Yard Sale for all the items that have been donated to Gateway House that they don't need - both right up my alley so "in charge" is okay....for now. It's also time to start getting ready for my 45th high school reunion but I'm considering passing my job on to someone else if it starts occupying too much of my time like it did for the 40th.

With temps averaging 50 this winter, I'm still working outside quite a bit. Who wants to be inside when you could be outside??? Not me I am getting things done in the house too - lots of stuff going out the door. Clothes to the donation bins at the grocery store and lots of stuff I'm just tired of going to the WCHH Yard Sale. But - not doing any work today!! I bought myself a Christmas/Birthday present - a metal detector!! I've been wanting one for years so thought "what the heck?" and I'm going out to play today.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, not been a good time for this ole bear!

I wish i had your energy Shesa, right now I just feel yuck!

I've got the cure for yuck,

Name:  whisky-bottles-11.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  457.1 KB

Help yourselves.

I wish I had an angel

Back to my bunk now.

Cheers
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hello cocktailers.....
    It's been a traumatic time for us, but I think we may be on the mend.
    JR has had his op today for the hernia on the site where he had the bowel cancer removal op, he is now back at home and I'm clucking around him to make sure that he is as comfortable as can be.

I have had the most awful IBS stomach cramps and diarrhea, I guess all the trauma's of the last weeks have taken it's toll.
    JR bought a new car - a Jag - and he hadn't had it for very long when he had a terrible accident.
    He was coming back from a podiatry appointment in Woodbridge when four Roe Deers ran out right in front of him.
    He swerved but could not avoid hitting one - a big buck - and sadly the deer was fatally injured.
    JR was so distressed, never looked at his car - till the next day. OMG - very bad damage - insurance folk written the car off.
    Never rains but it pours......

Pos me duck, cheers for the most brill choon from Nightwish, and the bevvies - I'm sampling most of them in my thoughts right now!

Shes, always so lovely to hear your news, I take my hat off to you for your stamina!

I'm signing of now cos I haven't slept since 3.00am - so goodnight y'all
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hello everyone,
    JR is coming along fine, very sore - but in good spirits. (Now't wrong with his appetite!)

How are you feeling now Pos? I hope that you sampled a few of those magical cures for 'yuck'! I did!
    Now then - where is Wyo?

If anyone is feeling low - here is a choon for you https://www.google.com/search?client...Times+Are+Good

...another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZpVhmhVYoI

I like this choon, no particular reason ! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xlo1NvEdAw

and litle bit of sheer genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twlc..._radio=1&t=249

BTW - Planty bought that top from me - I sold it on fleabay for a fiver ....
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I'm here!! Hi POS and friends (Shesa, Trish, Books, Hermajesty, Cambrensis) I probably missed someone, forgive me.

Our family has been carrying out what seems to have become a family tradition. My Dad started it when his shop burned down in February 1985 and he had to have emergency surgery in February 1986. I have moved it a bit to January at times and this year I fell and made my tushie sore. My son crashed his foot powered scooter in February, so we are still able to read a calendar. He broke his left radial head. He was smart about it as he went and rang a back doorbell to the nearest building which turned out to be a fire house. This was about 2 weeks ago, he had 2 surgeries that day and ended up with a cast from his wrist to his shoulder with his elbow bent. Last night he underwent surgery again. According to his wife even though it took a while it all went well. Nothing as yet today. I may have to head to Florida. Trish - the accident happened in Sanford, Florida.

When he was 6 years old he broke his right arm near the wrist in what was called a Ford break many years ago. He is 56 now, so I asked him if he plans on breaking a bone every 50 years. No response to that. Both breaks involved the small bone of the arm - Hmmmm, do I detect a pattern here?

The weather is finally decent here, but snow is predicted for Friday and Saturday. Two days in a row - Monday and Tuesday Buddy and Angel were left outside for several hours. Of course, Miss Roosevelt was out as much as she could get away with. She is organizing her collection of sticks when she isn't playing with Atlas.

I went to sewing club last night. We are getting quite a large turnout in the bigger store, or perhaps it's just because we can see each other at the new location. I only have one picture to share, but I may flood you as I have about 4 in the works and a couple on the old grey drawing board.

Name:  greenbonnet.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  84.8 KB

This is one of a set, the other is a reverse using the same fabrics.

I guess that's all I know right now, not as chatty as Shesa, but not a problem, it takes both of us to make things interesting - ha ha.

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 11th March 2020 at 08:58 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi all. Glad everyone is keepin' on keepin' on!

Here is something a bit different. Here is an interview by the famoud American author, Studs Terkel, of Avon Gillespie, who taught music at my High School, and a school choir singing......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7nFS8dTZLU
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Good to see more posts here.

Well, I kicked my 'yuck' right out the door and now feel almost normal again (not that I have ever been normal )

Glad to see that it's not just me that is accident prone!

Trish, good to hear that JR is on the mend. Many years ago I was on a business trip in my shiney new BMW.
    I was approaching a town called Hartley Wintney and was driving down a road flanked by a forest when a stag and his herd decided that the grass was greener on the other side, they didn't pay attention to the highway code (oh deer) and ran straight accross the road, luckily I managed to stop in time to avoid a collision, but I was very shaken by the incident, it could have ended very badly.
    Good job JR had a Jag, a less substantial car might given a tragic result. A case where bigger is better

some random oldies..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YMF5ErqCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc0x7xOap4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHfYLZS4cI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqyx4TW4Ptw

Time for a brew and some me time.

Name:  dunk.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  28.1 KB

Help yourselves, plenty in the pot

Cheers,

Pos
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Name:  2bonnets2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  60.7 KB

As promised here is the mate to the last potholder picture. Completed last night in spite of the "National Emergency". Things are quiet here although the electric coop says the ice on the lines has caused some outages. Not here. I had a little "flicker" a bit ago, but still going. When I went across the street to tend to my charges my blue spruce trees were covered with ice (about 11 am) now at 12:30 they are green with puddles in places underneath. The gate was also frozen shut - something I am not aware of having happened in the past. I hope everyone is well. To tell the truth I am not impressed by the virus. I am sure the people that have it are suffering, but not sure having 300 rolls of "TP" as Mom called it will relieve any suffering. We have had 54 road closures to Interstate 80 since October and I think possibly that may be behind the "TP" shortage. I have 2 1/2 rolls as of today. I talked to Liz on Friday and she says the empty shelves here are scary when viewed in person. I will perhaps venture out to the grocery coop tomorrow as we have a nice forecast and I am low on coffee creamer. That could be a disaster, but I have some half and half on hand so I may survive without.

So - staying calm and doubtful here.

The news says Disneyland and Disney World are closed so I am concerned for the kids. Pat had surgery yet again on his arm on Friday. The Doc said it went well, but the wife said it took a long time. I haven't heard any more and was considering flying down there. Perhaps not a wise thing to do, or so I am trying to convince myself.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Right - who is on bar duty?
    I'm in need of a stiff one .... ...... (drink, that is!)

What disturbing news about this coronavirus situation.
    Upset to learn that folk over 70 will later be required to self isolate for 4 months....eek!
    That will mean that JR will lose his job at the RBL club, which may well have to be closed down seeing as the majority of the patrons that frequent the club are ex-servicemen and women, and over 70 years of age.
    Also, how will my sales get posted out to buyers if we cannot leave the house? We are both over 70 and with underlying health issues.

I have posted elsewhere that my granddaughter is devastated that all the planning for her dream wedding has been dashed to pieces.
    Dominic is now not bringing my grandchildren to see me, we will have to skype to see each other, as I'm high risk of not pulling through Covid-19 with my chest/lung problems. I'm hearbroken, I shall miss them sassy little madams so much.

Wyo, I cannot believe that shoppers are stripping the shelves of groceries, toiletries especially toilet paper - where has it been mentioned that bowel activity will be a major issue?
    It's just ridiculous, we cannot get anti-bac stuff here, especially handwash.

Haaa! I have a solution to that! Long before anti -bac stuff appeared, the surgeons of yore used whisky to sterilise their hands and equipment, so I shall do the same! I shall purchase copious amounts of whisky, some of which will be used for hand scrubbing, the rest will be imbibed for inner protection and much pleasure!
    Don't go flying to Florida Wyo, stay put and keep safe, we all need you - maybe you will be preparing one of your delicious pot roasts soon, which I hope that you will share with us poor aged folk in isolation! BTW, your handiwork is again - just amazing. You sure are one talented lady.

Hey Pos, thanks for the choons, hope that you are keeping well - so glad to hear that you are back to normal again, we sure do miss you when you go AWOL! ( I miss your awesome selections of speaker - busting choons!)

Hmm, talking of choons and going awol, where is books? I love to listen to all the music that he supplies for us all.

Shes, hope you had a fun time with your metal detector, remember if you unearth a veritable goldmine of nuggets or precious gems, we are your best friends.... can we share?

OK - just ordered medicinal supplies for tomorrow .....

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information