My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

SHES!!!! Sooo good to hear from you gal!
    Great news to read that you are improving healthwise - to be able to run 70mph for 8 hours a day is just what I could do with! (You should enter for the next Olympics!) lol!!

Hey, you sure were lucky with that Sycamore, what a good job you knew a logger to help you out. He did a fine job there, saving your workshop.

Very interested in your Fireball 'Shine' - hope you get it to your satisfaction. Corr, I wonder if Wyo and I should come over and help to taste it? I think the JD version is just superb, my O/H loves it, but it is expensive to buy.

Wyo, love your thread catcher - what a novelty! Your work is amazing, I love to see the results of your handiwork.

Halloween here was a pleasant enough evening - we had tons of trick or treaters in great costumes, I so enjoyed seeing them, especially the little ones!
    I made toffee apples and toffee sweeties, plus had loads more of other treats, but ran out of goodies after a few hours, so I had to extinguish the pumpkin tealights and ignore further knocks at my door. It was rather late and all the little ones had been and gone, it was mainly the teenage kids out for mischief that missed out. Reina and Frank Furter the yappy sausage dog saw 'em off without trouble!

Books, thanks for the great choons, I have a few here, since it is Bonfire Night tomorrow.
    First, we need food and drinks,

Now some music ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtVBCG6ThDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSav51fVlKU
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Very interesting post SHES. You certainly had had an interesting time sorting out you yard!
    Trish some great tunes there, the Charriots of Fire theme should be dedicated to SHES for her running !!!

That Fireball drink sounds a bit potent and put me in mind of another great rock tune

While i'm here let's have a few more tunes that will help shake off the cobwebs and get the day started with a bang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself

Geordie - Can You Do It

AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie

Britny Fox - Girlschool

Girlschool - Race with the Devil

Jo Jo Gunne - RUN RUN RUN

Name:  Snowflaketurtle.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  52.3 KB

As you can see, I've been busy. Sewing Club is having their December meeting on December 3rd and there is a pin cushion exchange. This is mine, finished it last night. This is the first thing I have embroidered by myself. When I had the lessons for my new machine, we did one but I was supervised.

We've had a bit of snow this month and some sad happenings. On November 3rd a friend from high school passed away (77). He got sick right after the reunion party in June and was transferred to Hospice a week and a half prior to his death. I used to go and ride around with him when he was plowing. November 8th a friend from Colorado had a heart attack and was gone very quickly. 54 years old. His services were last week. The end of October one of my Colorado friends lost her mother, so I've had enough of this.

Buddy's pillow is still intact and he has had it in his kennel the whole time for a week now. If you try to remove it, he lays on it.

Name:  buddypillow.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  18.1 KB

We've had some good wind storms and Sadie does not like them. Not much else in the weather department seems to bother her, but she doesn't stay out long when the wind is blowing. She was born in Nebraska.
    Glad to hear from Trish, Books, and Shesa. Is that all of us that is left? It's been very quiet in here.

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 22nd November 2019 at 08:31 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Can it really be so long since any of us cocktailers dropped by for a tipple and a choon?

Well, I have tidings of a felicitous nature .... (gulp) ..... I'm going to be a proud nanna to grandchild no.19 next June!

Despite all her female problems and doubts that she will ever become a mother, Lucia has actually gone and done it!
    She hasn't stopped crying with joy and disbelief since she went for her 12 week scan yesterday and actually saw her little one kicking and moving about in the womb.
    She has stood in the shadows of her three other elder sisters and her younger brother who have all been gifted with children. Now, it's her turn.
    Her partner is also over the moon, he adores his sisters kids, and cannot believe that he is actually going to be a real live daddy!

I would get the champers out, but it is really early days yet, so ..... I will tempt you - especially my pal Wyo, who enjoys a JD like me - with a choice of three JD's.
    These came yesterday - from daughter no.2 Debbie. She does have impeccable taste!
    Should have been JR's Christmas pressie, but hey-ho! Why wait 'till Christmas? (You may well notice that I have just had to sample JD Honey, to make sure that it hasn't gone 'off'!)
    Grab a glass and help yourselves to a JD!

Name:  xmas booze.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  82.6 KB

Here are a few of my very fave Christmas songs/choons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l14aDp-4NKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3U8TUskxNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7w-oRGLbac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM70hBp2Fjk
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hi Trish, you may need a 2nd opinion on that honey! Be glad to help if you need me.

Name:  19mousepc1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  27.8 KB

This is what I got in exchange for my turtle. They taped a button to the package and then we drew a button from a dish and we got the package with the matching button. I think he is adorable. Made from a sock, I think.

Last Spring our male member had requested my turtle pattern. I made one for him and then we kept missing each other. I finally left one for him at the Sewing Center and they lost it in the move to the new building. So, I got his address and mailed it to him. Hope he got it. Sadie Roosevelt is not happy with the weather. There is still some snow on the ground from last week and the wind is blowing today. It is 37F here, but she really hates the wind.

A new lady came to Sewing Club in November and I was talking about my sun bonnet Sue quilt (been working on it since the 70's). Anyway she was interested right away. She didn't come to the Christmas Party and I had dug out a book with the pattern in it for her, oh well. In the process I found a pattern for a matching pillow and it was one of those patterns they put in books and you have to enlarge it. I had never done that before, so last Sunday afternoon I gave it a whirl. It took all afternoon, but I did it and it didn't turn out half bad, so hopefully I will get it made this weekend. It has been a busy month for me, a couple of packages every week so far. Today I have to pack a Coca Cola Bear cookie jar. I sold a luncheon set and sent it to California. It arrived with the spout on the creamer broken. Everything else was OK. I filed a claim with USPS and got the check so I refunded the gals money. So that is done and dusted. It's so disappointing when that happens. Also sold a Bessie Bunny and her joints are eyelets joined to gether so she is floppy. Buyer complained but wasn't willing to return her, but I got 3 out of 5 stars on the transaction. Those are hard on me, but I also realize if they are unwilling to return it, it's bogus.

OK going to shut up for now - everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My horoscope says 2020 is my year.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

I got a bit lost, but have found my way back again, good to see that folks are keeping this thread alive.

Have you missed my music? LOL!

Well you are getting a choon anyway...

Have a good day y'all

Bear x
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Pos, ol chap, I like it. Didn't know you got mandolins over there! LOL!

Sadie thinks she's kind of smart. Last Wednesday we had to order her Nutri-Dent sticks which she just loves. She gets one every morning while I have my coffee and I think she thinks they are her coffee. Anyway I knew Monday morning there would be no sticks - and had no idea how she would react to that. Saturday evening she barked and raised a ruckus and when I got there a box was leaning on the gate. She ran out into the yard and so I told her to smell the box and let me know if it was from Chewy.com. She said it was, so I got my cart and brought it in. Sure enough it was her kibble and her Nutri-Dent "bones". I had to open them and put the one remaining in the old box into the new box and she didn't get one. She didn't like that. But hooray! for FedEx. Here is Sadie enjoying one Sunday morning -

Name:  121519Sadie.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  63.5 KB

We've had quite a bit of snow here and my neighbor across the street and I think we've had enough Winter. I'm not so sure we will have a white Christmas though.

Name:  Wyoiciclesr.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  96.9 KB

How do you like my icicles?

I YDC, Do you?

Well, well! We have a birthday boy here in the lounge!
    Champagne toast is in order, methinks!

Welcome back Posbear, although I think that your hibernation clock has gone a wee bit askew - it ain't spring yet!
    Nevertheless, oh my goodness, we sure have missed you BIG TIME!

Now then, you are a very norty bear and have just made me get a bit of a telling off from the other (sad, miserable) occupants of the Richardson household.
    Superb choice of music (as always) .

Hey Wyo - what amazing icicles you have!
    Cannot remember when we last had a white Christmas, or even a decent covering of snow.

I'm interested to know how you found out that 2020 is going to be your year - does this mean that you will be swept off your feet by that dashing male member of the sewing club, especially as he liked your turtles .....
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings from a very tired bear!

The champers went straight to my head Trish.

It's nice to be welcomed back so warmly.
    I've had some physical and mental issues that stopped me from being an active member of life and live like a hermit.
    I just didn't want to communicate with anyone.
    My hobby kept me sane and stopped me going stir crazy.
    Last Sunday, I ignored what my brain was telling me and walked out of my house, alone.
    It was the second anniversary of when I last walked outsisde (when I had a bad fall in a very public place) and I thought, enough is enough and just went ahead and without a problem.
    I didn't get dizzy, I didn't have a fall and I enjoyed my short walk through the woods to see the squirrels.
    I've had 2 more walks since, but the third one, I began to panic and returned home, so still not 100% confident.
    The only time I went out regularly was to put the wheelie bins out, a few weeks back I had a bad fall when going outside to collect them and banged my head and suffered concussion, paramedics wanted me to go to hospital but after telling them about my last 2 years they agreed to let me stay at home, but to tell the hospital if there were any side effects.
    I should really tell them that the fall knocked some sense into me!.
    I haven't suffered with my BPPV since the fall
    Sarge had contacted me twice by email to check up on me and I did write to her to tell her about what was happening, it was theraputic to be able to open up about my problems.
    So progress is being made and here I am, back amongst friends again and I am not afraid to admit that my physical health was overwhelmed by my mental health, but strong minded bear is beginning to win

I'll sign off now and get on with my life again, but not without a choon first

Stay safe and warm,
    PB
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hey all!!

Forget the Olympics and cut off the Chariot's Fire song - lol! I think I was just running on nervous energy or something - as soon as I got all the outside stuff done, I was all excited about getting started on the inside (like finishing that flooring project!) and I just kinda crashed. Have been puttering around the house - a little bit here and there but nothing to brag about and sleeping a lot, but I think I deserve a rest so I'm not beating myself up over lack of "observable" progress.

My "experiment" worked pretty well, I think - can't even taste the shine any more but you all are welcome to come on over and take a taste if you want to put your 2 cents in on it The Jack Daniels brand is very expensive here too - that's why I thought to make my own

BOOKS - I don't even remember hearing that Deep Purple song but back in 71 I was still at home and music was "monitored" - LOL!!

WYO - so sorry to hear about your recent losses. Around here they say there are more folks that pass when the sap falls in the trees and after 20 years, I've discovered it seems to be true. I've been hearing about all that bad weather up there and wondering if you were being affected much. We've had some snow here already but it did warm up and has been very rainy. The creek's been up twice in the past 3 weeks but not breached the banks.

It used to be that every time we got a storm, Jake wanted his t-shirt put on - knew where I kept it and would go to the armoire and let me know. Since the pup has been here, Jake hasn't wanted his shirt once - LMBO!!!! He still won't go out it it's raining but Buster could care less and comes in soaked - been washing lots of towels lately!

I'm glad that Sadie got her chew sticks - I might have to check into those for Buster. He is still chewing anything he can get hold of - a 12" wood ruler, 3/4 of one of his chew toys, stuffing from his bed, etc. So far he seems to have passed everything without any internal damage but I'm getting tired of following him around the yard to check his poops!! Do the Nutri-Dents take a long time to get chewed up? I was out of the room for less than 15 minutes when he got the ruler - shake my head

And, YES! do tell us more about the guy that got your pincushion..........

I'm glad 2020 is going to be your year! It's gonna be mine too as soon as I get my head sorted out. I think after my surgery, I just had to focus on what needed doing and since I've slowed to a crawl, I'm dealing with the mental/emotional part of things. And HE had the gall just less than a month ago to ask if I would let him come back??? (Feel free to insert any words here that are not fit to be put in print!!!!)

TRISH - I am so excited about your news and super happy for Lucia and her man!!! Nothing brings more joy to a family than a new addition!! I hope she has an easy pregnancy so she can enjoy every minute of it! I've never had JD Honey, so I'll toast y'all with a shot of that, please!!

POS - I'm so proud that you are back to being that "strong minded bear" again. I've missed you but haven't been the best about getting in here and posting myself the past year or so. Maybe "Mind over matter" would be a good slogan for me right now - don't let my mind think about what doesn't matter??? LOL!! I have been feeling really lonely so I decided to apply for a volunteer position with "Gateway House" - a temporary shelter for women who have been through bad times and want to get their lives back on track. I'd like to be a Special Skills Coach - teach crafting and gardening. They are hoping to open up after the first of the year but I still see work going on every time I pass it so I doubt I'll hear anything for a while yet.

Well, better get going for now. If I sit too long my unwelcome friend Arthur starts showing up

You all take care!!

Shes

Thread Information