My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Great stuff there sarge! Amazing holograms, and you're right - some clever bloke!
    I'm practising my new dance moves now that I've seen what Madonna does in the vid! lol!!!
    By George, that Maluma is some fit guy ..... and I just love the music, I'm really into Latino!

Books, thanks so much for the laughs. I think Dave Allen did it for me, just hilarious! I always thought that he was sooo funny with his jokes/sketches about religion, and I come from a religious RC family! ( No longer practising, I add)

Well - I have news!
    My daughter who has moved back home was due to go on an all inclusive holiday to Corfu next Thursday with her partner (all paid for).
    Obviously, he is not going now, so I was asked to go in his place.
    I accepted, just a few details had to be changed.

What I didn't realise at the time was that JR and I are also going on holiday - to Palma Nova - we booked this hol ages ago - and we fly out ONE DAY after I get back from Corfu!

Eeek - that means I have had to get spending money for both holidays, and pack JR's suitcase before I go to Corfu.

I shall have to wash and re- pack all my clothes in Greece ready for the early morning flight to Majorca Sat morn, we leave at 2.30am.
    I just do not know how I will cope with these two hols so close together -
    normally I'm so hung over after 7 days of free booze, I just want to chill out in my own garden. How will I cope with another week of free drinks?

Well, before I sign out, I would just like to say Happy Mayday to the sarge.
    We always went to Padstow for the celebrations when we lived in Cornwall.
    I was looking to see my eldest daughter and her family who were there, but no luck, although I did spot a few of our old friends from St. Columb and outlying areas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuArUyBlZn0
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Lol, two holidays on the trot. I'm sure you will manage, not sure about your liver though !

Ah, memories of Padstow. I can remember coming out of the pub the night before the 1st May and following the accordion players down the street. You had to drop on one knee at the chorus, that was fine - it was getting up again that was the problem !!!

I also love Dave Allen. He actually came down for Helston flora day when I was at school. I also saw him playing a role as a dectective in a play at the Theatre Royal here in Bath shortly before he died. He was such a great entertainer.

Hey all!

Remember me? LOL!!! I do think of you all but with all the rain we've had (no internet) and the fact that I'm now running a consistent 50 mph, I've been spending a lot of time getting my life back together! The nerve pain is almost gone - YEA!!! I'm now working on getting my muscles back in shape since I've been so "lazy" this past 15 months! I did over-do it last week in the garden and spent 2 days stiff as a board, but it was just such a wonderful feeling being out there again among the flowers that I lost track of time.

The "kids" are all doing well. The neighbor's cats have moved back home so I'm without any mousers until I can get some. I wouldn't mind adopting from the local shelter but you must keep them as house cats and that won't work for me. Until I find some new mousers, it's just me and a bunch of traps!

Todd is still coming over a couple of days a week to help out. I now have a nice covered potting area out where my veggie garden will be and an actual wood shed for my firewood and just a lot of neglected maintenance work done. He just finished mowing the 3/4 acre "yard" yesterday. There is still a lot left to do - both houses need pressure washed and all the windows re-caulked and the old house is going to get a fresh coat of paint. There were a lot of things "left behind" that I either can't use or don't want that he can use, so we've been "horse trading" items for his labor.

Pos - so sorry you are not feeling well and going through SOSDD Sounds like you need to stay away from those aggressive wheelie bins! I hope you've recovered from the fall.

Wyo - loved hearing about your big adventure with the goat and the law! LOL!!! Has spring finally arrived for you yet? I don't see much about WY weather as most has been focused on all the flooding. My oldest lives in Columbus, NE and since he is the manager of the Ag Complex, he turned it into a staging area for all the hay that was being brought in from out of state for the starving/stranded cattle. West TN had some devastating floods, with many not back in their homes yet and even some bad flooding here in Wayne Co on the Tennessee river. With all the snow melt up north and all the rain we've been having, the Mississippi Valley is probably going to be a mess for a long time. Might sound odd to say but I am SO glad that it flooded here last spring when the culvert got crushed. The new one is 5' tall and with all the rain here, the creek has not come out of the bank once!!

Trish - looks like you've got a busy summer ahead of you with your trips. I'm sorry that your daughter has had another break up - reminds me of someone else we know

Curtsies to Her Majesty! Sorry to hear about your snowy experience in CO. One thing I liked about living there was that it could dump a foot in 24 hours, but in a day or so you'd never knew it had snowed. Down here if there are a few flakes falling, they shut down the schools. Other than one light snow back in November, it's been all rain this past winter.

Books - glad to see you are well and staying busy but I feel so guilty every time I see a post from you because I still have Lifeboat Bob with me and need to send him on to keep somebody else company. My only excuse is that all my days are the same and I often forget to turn over the calendar until half the month has passed. LOL!!

Becky, your memories of Padstow had me giggling!! I can't see me dropping to one knee and getting up again even if I hadn't touched a drop in a pub. Grace is NOT my middle name! LOL!!

Internet has been in and out due to storms in the area, so I think I'd better try to get this posted before they get closer and I lose signal completely. We had a doozie in the middle of the night that woke me up. Good thing too because it scared my Great Pyr and he broke hardware again, so I was out as soon as it stopped raining to put him in Jake's room (kennel). Need to find out what broke this time and hopefully I have a replacement part to get him fixed back up.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your nice, newsy post, shes! You sound so busy! Gardening is good for whatever ails you, I think. We have bluebells blooming in the woods behind us, and up the drive, and in random spots. Some tulips (I bought on YDC!) starting to bloom in a planter on the patio. Russell Crowe and the girls are trying to dig a hole out of the hen yard...……...the Great Escape, avian version.

Hope you will all have a nice weekend!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Great to hear all your news Shes.

Oh my goodness just had a great night down the road at our local pub. They had a fab band playing made up of musicians from lots of different bands who all live locally. One of the guitarists was from the Wurzels. I've never seen so many people packed into our little Victorian local ! Robert Plant's daughter was there enjoying herself too, not often we have so many celebrities in our neck of the woods. They played some great numbers, lots of Bad Company, Thin Lizzy, even some disco stuff. Lol, I've never heard 'Staying Alive' played in a reggae type beat before, it was quite good ! At the end they played 'Play that Funky Music' and everybody in the pub was up dancing. We need more nights like this to liven up our street !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pHT9yYFdZg

Books - glad to see you are well and staying busy but I feel so guilty every time I see a post from you because I still have Lifeboat Bob with me and need to send him on to keep somebody else company. My only excuse is that all my days are the same and I often forget to turn over the calendar until half the month has passed. LOL!!

Shes why not relist him in this months YDC it's in memory of our dear departed friend Meebo1 and the charity is The Royal marsden that looked after her. The more items listed the better this month.

Name:  Hailmay2019.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  75.5 KB

Last Friday we had a good old fashioned thunder storm complete with pea and marble size hail! It Knocked quite a bit of needles & cones off my blue spruce trees. Today it has been raining and sleeting most of the day and it is snowing as I write this. Hope it doesn't freeze the winter wheat.

Name:  turtlewash1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  56.3 KB

I Just finished these guys. I made a purple one probably last year now, but I sold it and now I have finished a "set" or "kit". I need to get busy and get more listings done for the handmade site as that seems to be where most of my sales are now days.

I caught the croup that has been going around here and coughed for 10 days. I seem to be back to my normal now. Friday when we had the thunder storm, I just finished mopping the kitchen floor. What a day, I dropped an egg while making breakfast and then knocked a glass on the floor as I cleaned that up, so after breakfast I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor and as soon as I finished along came this thunder storm. knocked out the power for 1 hour 30 minutes. I am not sure I want to continue as I need to mop the porch, laundry room and clean the bathroom. Is it worth the risk?

I've also been playing with my sewing machine. I have a couple of Penguin oven mitts cut out and I have appliqued the face and other details on. Now I need to read about quilting and assembling which will be a challenge as per usual I have modified the project to suit myself.

The technician for the ISP was here this am, my modem/router was not working (11 years old) so he brought a new one and installed it. According to him it was one of the few modems installed 11 years ago that was still in use.

I couldn't think of what song to play for you guys, so here is our own Chris LeDeux rodeo cowboy turned singer song writer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc-Wh_I62I
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Name:  snow521191.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  92.4 KB

Well here I sit high gettin ideas - I just thought I would share our landscape this morning with you. Remember I said it was snowing yesterday, well, it really did.

Name:  Sadie0521192.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  101.0 KB

This is what happened to Sadie who I let outside for too long. It took nearly 45 minutes to get the snow off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg9YGmmPX6w
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

poor dog.but they do love tp frolic in the snow
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Especially Sadie, she's my little tomboy. Rain, sow, cold don't bother her, she wants to go out and play Wind does give her paws (pun intended) for thought. It has to be pretty blustery though. The reason it took so long to great the snowballs out of her fur, she wouldn't put up with the noise from the hair dryer. I had it on low too. She didn't even wait for the heat, she walked away as soon as I turned it on. Ah well. She could hardly walk, it stuck to her tummy hair and the picture doesn't show that.

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 24th May 2019 at 02:24 AM.

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information