View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I am not here very often, but I'll hug you right back

Quote Originally Posted by Posbear View Post
    Just dropped by to give you all a big hug.
    I am not ready to play choons here just yet.
    Old's departure has really knocked me for six.
    Same here Pos, I have a very heavy heart.
    We have also lost a dear family friend after a battle with the big C - so sad.
    A big bear hug would be most welcome .....
    and here's one back atcha (((((xxx)))))
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Name:  Bear-Hugs.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  80.6 KB

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you all for your hugs
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Just popped in to say hello -
    I have to say that our eBid community is so precious to us - we have pals and acquaintances that we have never met - yet we feel that they are our closest friends.
    Thanks to moonie, meebs, Wyo, books, Shes, the Sarge and everyone else that has posted here to send hugs and good wishes to Posbear and members of the cocktail and music lounge upon the departure of our most treasured pal - Old.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings folks

It looks like it's winter's here now, temps are dropping and I can sense the change in nature (it's a bear thing).

Is anyone else here fed up with all this black friday garbage and it's variations?
    After halloweeen was over I expected all the Christmas adverts but had forgotten about this bombardment.
    It's a pain the ar$e!

Now then, I am sure that Old would like us to carry on posting here in his absense, so just to start the ball rolling..

Whilst I was absent from here, Montserrat Caballe passed away, this is the song that shot her to worldwide fame 30 years ago, it sends a shiver down my spine when I hear this song...

and now a message from Freddie..

https://youtu.be/t99KH0TR-J4

Stay safe and warm.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Greetings to you too - my big lovable huggy bear!
    Oh, I so love your choices of choons - I'm with you with the fact that Old would not like us to bury our heads or walk around in sackcloth and ashes - he would love it if we continued to post on here our favourite music selections.

Hey, it's not a bear thing sensing the change in nature - this poor tropical and sun loving gal has SAD feelings
    google it - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/season...-sad/symptoms/

Roll on Spring I say!

As for Black Friday ...... am I allowed to swear?
    (No- I thought not!)

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hugs to all

Trish, I sufer with SAD! That's what I meant by 'it's a bear thing' !
    I have special daylight bulbs made by Pro-Lite Plus. They have a microchip in them to control the colour spectrum.
    They cost £25 each back then but now you can get them cheaper.
    These are the type.
    https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/ProLite-...net+Cap++White
    Shop around though, you can get them even cheaper.

I use them for photography too, they give out natural daylight which is perfect.

My taste in music is broad and varied to say the least, so you never know what I will come up with for you all.
    So many people take a look at a musician/group and think 'I won't like that'.
    But they are really talented and should not be judged by what they wear, just like an actor, they wear a costume for their performances (Tarja for example).
    The majority of 'metal' female singers are operatically trained sopranos and often get overlooked by the majority because of what they wear.
    I better get off this soapbox, I feel dizzy

So now for a choon, remember, don't judge a book by it's cover

I was going to play this on 11/11

Now to lighten the mood using 3 letters. B a r.... ..

https://youtu.be/5ALD-rI8Q08

https://youtu.be/ZyhrYis509A

https://youtu.be/-Fulz4ytZ54

https://youtu.be/vPRonG87eKw

That's all for now,

Stay safe and warm
    Graham

Hey, all!

With missing Old and all the SAD going around, I think it's time for a

Name:  proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  54.6 KB

Yes, SAD is a real hard thing to "bear" (pun intended!). I've found that increasing my vitamin D to 10,000 IU a day helps me. I've heard the lights work well too but haven't tried them. It's been a lot better since I moved farther south and the winters are shorter - usually just January and February are bad BUT we've already had our first snow This in my 20th winter here and I've never seen snow in November! We are having an El Nino winter - colder and wetter than normal and it has been about 15 - 20 degrees colder than what we usually have this time of year. I've stocked up on extra hay and already have everybody well bedded down and it's even been cold enough a couple of nights that I've had to have the lights on the 2 exposed water pipes under the house. I'm dreading Jan - Feb.

Pos - I might have to find a virtual railway site! It sounds fun and I'm getting tired of my games.

Trish - I'm sorry to hear you lost a close family friend to cancer too. My BIL was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer. He has decided not to do chemo and I'm really glad. At least he will be able to enjoy what remaining time he has without dealing with all the chemo side affects that may "buy a little time" but cause so much misery to go through. I know it does help some people and is worth going through but not this late in the game.

I think swearing should be allowed for Black Friday!!! I HAVE to go to town tomorrow as my scripts have run out and I'm dreading it. With any luck all the people in this little town will have gone to a bigger town to shop - lol!

SUCCESS!!! I've been taking 10-15 minutes a day after doing chores to pull some weeds in my flower bed and it's done The first and only time it got weeded this year - LOL!! But it was good to get it done as I found tons of vole holes and those little buggers eat bulbs! I'm going to scatter some castor bean seeds around out there and won't have to worry about voles again. I am missing a lot of my perennials but am hoping that maybe some of the roots survived and they will be back again next year. If not, I'll just have to start over. Thank goodness my lilies all seem to have survived. They came from my Uncle's lily farm in Ohio.

Another bit of good news - I have finally found a good reliable helper All the downed trees in the woods have been cleaned up and he hauled the big stuff away to burn in his outdoor fire pit. I won't burn soft wood in the fireplace as it creates too much creosote in the chimney and I have a friend who brings me good hardwood to burn. He's going to be here on Sat & Sun to fix an erosion problem where my water pipe crosses the ditch, wash my truck and some other odds and ends that need doing outside and then I think I'll be set for winter.

My left arm is still hurting but I think (hope) that nerve is on the mend. I started taking some supplements to "nourish" the nerves and this past week I've noticed that the pain has changed. No longer the stabbing kind that went from neck to wrist, but more like muscle spasms in my upper arm muscles and I've started using it more so just some regular "lack of use" muscle pain in my lower arm. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks for all the choons. There's been one rattling around in my head for the past couple of days so I'll share it with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hello!
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of our American Cocktailers!

Hey Shes, good to hear from you again. Lovely to hear of your good news and successes!
    I love lilies, they are such a beautiful flower, I have quite a few that come up every year in my garden and the scent on a summer evening is just awesome.
    Trouble is - they do attract all species of moths, and I'm terrified of the big buggers that frequent East Anglia, we had an absolute monster Sphinx Ligustri that almost hospitalised me a few years ago.

So glad that you have got yourself a good reliable helper, is he good looking - and single?

As our long lost NC pal Sue used to say - got my eyeballs, fingers and toes crossed for you that your arm continues to improve. I'm sure it will, you sure are one determined, hard working lady, and will refuse to be beaten - good on you gal xxx

Posbear, looking into the lights - for SAD. I do have a light that Teagan bought for me that is made of rock salt or something that emits a glow that is supposedly calming, but I just want to go out into the garden and feel the sun on my face, hear the birds singing, wear shorts - instead of trousers, leggings and warm socks! It's sooo cold here when the wind is from the North and East. East Anglia is flat - no hills or mountains to protect us from the winds that blow across the North sea.

Lovely music everyone, enjoyed your choices.
    I haven't got much to offer - apart from these -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9jmjXDQ5MQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEobPFhpws
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGKfrgqWcv0

SOOO excited! This time next week I shall be at the 02 arena in London with Lucia - no doubt bouncing about and having a crazy, boozy ball watching this band - hope they are as good as they used to be. (They are supposedly not following in their original line of music, which is a pity - so many people were not happy with changes made to their style, it was great and original ) We will see.

Well, I have to report that I'm going to the dogs - literally!

It's a birthday treat from my family, 4 of my kids (Tracey, who lives in Cornwall couldn't make it - understandably) are treating me and JR to a night at the Greyhound races on Saturday!
    As it's a kind of special birthday, my sisters and brother and their families are all coming over from Stoke to share the weekend together.
    We are all booked into two hotels in Great Yarmouth, should be a blast!
    Don't quite know when we will be back home - could be Sunday/Monday - so wish me luck that I can endure all the festivities - I'm no spring chicken
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information