My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I was beginning to think - Can I clear a room or what? LOL!

To brag just a tiny bit I had a busy day yesterday. My friend Lorraine and I went to Cheyenne and I got a new sewing machine. I've been talking about this for some time now and the trip got postponed due to obligations a few times but yesterday it worked out. So, if I'm missing - I'm stitchin. We went to Christmas in the Country on the way home. a log cabin filled with hand made Christmas Crafts, one week only. Lovely, imaginative things! and cabbage burgers to take home for supper!

Trish - I made these dish cloths for Liz - 3 and the blue and orange is for a friend who is a rabid Denver Bronco fan (football).
    Name:  dishcloths103118.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  25.5 KB

This is a picture of the goblins that showed up on Halloween.
    Name:  1031182.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  55.7 KB

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 3rd November 2018 at 04:05 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Nice of them to drop by Wyo, they look more angelic than goblin-like
    I think my sons have forgotten where I live.
    One phoned this week but he wanted to kinow where my youngest was, didn't even ask how I was.
    I suppose we take our parents for granted until something happens.
    There were a few loud firework displays around here last night, I must admit to 'jumping' a few times, some of them were so loud with a deep resonant sound.
    When you live alone you are aware of every unknown or irregular noise from the outside.
    I soooo miss having someone around, I can't get a pet to talk to, landlord says no!

Anyway, it is what is, at least I have the PC to talk to

Now I wonder how Trish is doing with her visitors? I look forward to her report

Calling Shesa.... where are you?

A choon before I go, here's some stirring music with a first class video.

Don't let the 'metal' in the title put you off...

Stay safe and warm folks.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hi there everyone!
    All is well - waved off the family a little while ago, all well fed and watered!
    I got on well with Dominic's new girlfriend, I like her - much to Dom's relief!

Wyo, can't wait to see what lovely creations you will make with your new sewing machine.
    Many years ago (way back in the 70's) I had a sewing machine, a very old Singer treadle. I used to love making dresses for my little girls and designed and made clothes for myself too.
    I would like a sewing machine, but nowadays I seem to be far busier with one thing or another, and wouldn't get the time to use it much.
    Oh, your visit to Christmas in the Country log cabin sounds awesome - I can just smell the wonderful aroma of Christmassy smells that you get at craft fairs - although I don't suppose the cabbage burgers smelt too good! (Either before or after consumption - lol !
    Your crochet work is stunning, thank-you for showing your results of your labours, well done!
    I agree with Posbear, your little trick or treaters look angelic! Betcha they will be back next year to get their candy from 'that nice lady with the dog'!

Pos, I despair at your sons. I wish I lived near to you, we would have a laugh together. I feel sad that you have no-one to talk to. What a shame you can't have a pet. Keep yer chin up son!
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 5th November 2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

What happened there? I will have to see what went wrong with my post ....
    I have just fixed it - no idea why the previous post came out wonky!
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 5th November 2018 at 08:29 AM.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, my sadness just dropped another level, i was told yesterday that my other grandchildren's parents have split up.
    Apparently they split 2 months ago but nobody told me.
    When my eldest son re-locates to the town over the river, my other 2 sons will be going with him.
    Yesterday was my late-ex-wife's birthday too.
    Am I looking forward to Christmas day? that'll be a no then.

Glumbear, over and out.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Oh poor Posbear - I just don't know what to say.
    You sure are having more than your fair share of sadness.
    Isn't there anyone at all who you could talk to? Any chance of getting a lift to a community centre, where you could make a friend or two?
    Sending you a big sad hug (((((xxx)))))
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I wish I lived closer, Posbear. I could drop in now and then. You would be tired of listening to me talk by the time I left.

The goblins are very well acquainted with me. They are friends' grand kids and their Dad thinks of me as Mom #2. They are cuties. Also the only callers I had on Halloween.

Today is election day here and I have been the 10 miles to Burns and did my civic duty. I only saw one person I knew. I went to the bank as I had acquired a large bill and I negotiated some smaller bills for it.

I have my sewing machine set up and I sewed a couple of lines of straight stitches. I am thinking about my first project now. It will be a dust cover for the new machine. I have measured and now I am trying to decide what fabric to use. I am leaning towards a pre-quilted fabric, double faced in purple and lavender. I have looked at the fabric stores I know on the internet and they have some pretty ones, but I have this old bathrobe I made and haven't worn in quite awhile and I think there is enough there for my project. Last time I looked it was still in good shape. Trish, the machine is a Janome (Japanese Elna) and I got the embroidery one. It was a floor model, so I got a good price.

The one friend I saw at the polls teasingly accused me of killing his vote. He has Multiple Sclerosis and I had heard he had a full time care giver now. There was a young lady with him and he was riding in a disability van and she was driving, so maybe it is so. His wife died from Hodgkin's disease several years ago and their son passed away with it in the last few years. I don't know if their daughter still lives around here, I think I heard she has it too. He has always been a good friend to me, it is sad to see him go down hill. He seems to be in a good mood most of the time.

This morning I had a bit of a scare. Atlas (Sadie's BFF) has been out of the yard quite often of late. She stays in our yard when Sadie is out, but this morning she was running around the neighborhood before I let Sadie out. Sadie's routine is - I let her out when we wake up (between 5 and 6 am) and back in in 10 minutes or so and she goes back to sleep for another hour or so. Then she wants out again to play. I let Sadie out to play with Atlas and the next thing I know the neighbors are driving around and Spice is out. One of the kids is heading out the gate and talking to someone on the speaker phone. I heard "She thinks She's Dying" gulp! No Atlas to be seen. I didn't see her again until I went to go vote, but she was very much alive and kicking so that's what I get for eaves dropping. Atlas and Spice are both being watched over very carefully today and only being accompanied outside for potty breaks. Sadie is a bit sad because her friend isn't coming over to play, but we can't have her running loose. Even in a small town like this someone would start something. I talked to the Dad before I went to vote and he says they are waiting for a well and electricity on their 40 acres they bought, so I may have new neighbors quicker than I thought. The 2nd daughter is going to move from Colorado to the place next door and she is getting Spice. Sadie is gonna have a bit more sadness.

OK, I am off to play with my new toy, perhaps.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Aww, thanks for your concern ladies.
    I'll be OK.
    Was just a bit down yesterday after the news, but today's another day, just got to get on with life the best I can.

I do have a bit of news, my youngest son is back here for the foreseeable future, turned up last evening..
    It does mean that I've lost the use of my living room again and my main PC.
    He's not much company though, he has his phone superglued to his hand and is constantly on Facepuke or something called Discord to his buddies.
    Coversations are usually met with a grunt and maybe eye contact if I am lucky

I am getting help with my health issues too and progress is being made towards recovery.
    Hopefully I will be mobile again soon. (it's 11 months since I last went out).

Bye for now,
    not so glumbear
    Graham

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, Posbear, I wonder if those boys realise what they are doing to you. I suppose it will be nice to have the youngest around, but don't let him take you for granted. You are not doing either him or you any favours

Hey all!

I do on occasion, pop in to check on everybody but just haven't had much to say these days.

I'm happy to see everybody seems to be doing well or in the process of getting there. POS, you sure have had your share of troubles lately - HUGE (one arm) BEAR HUG for you - hang in there buddy!!

The nerve on the left side of my neck is not healing and still causes a of of pain. I try to rest it as much as I can but there are so many things (like driving) that just take both arms to do and no way of getting around it. A dear friend of mine lost her dad in a tractor accident 2 weeks ago and I wasn't able to be with her due to the long drive.

The only thing that HAS to be done everyday is to make sure me & the critters are fed and other stuff gets done as I'm able. I try really hard to use only my right arm as much as possible - it's gonna start looking like Popeye's pretty soon - LOL!! Thank goodness I am right handed - I can easily operate my computer mouse and do a lot of reading and play a lot of games to keep my mind busy (and out of trouble!)

Y'all take care!!
    Shes

Thread Information