Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hello my dear friends,
    Echoing books sentiments - so good to have you back with us again Pos, you were sorely missed and we were worried that you were ill .... or something really awful had happened. Hope you are feeling much better now (((((xxx))))) BIG hug!

Totally grief-stricken about Old - I cannot bear to think of the cocktail/music lounge without him, and also his posts on the clean humour and gardening forums. I'm praying that the miracle he spoke of WILL happen, and he will return to entertain us again with his choons, and steel geetar renditions!

Yes Pos, it has been quiet here - meebs, books and I have been on holiday (erm,....... not together I may add!) ..... wondering where Wyo and Shes are? Hope everyone is Ok.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    GOODBYE ALL

Well the CT-scan didn't work out well at all, & I've had the worst week of my life in hospital, taken by emergency ambulance & have endured a multitude of tests.
    The result being NOT GOOD I'm afraid. Some follow up Chemo "may" slow things down a tad - BUT - it won't cure matters.
    When they start talking of Wills, Advanced Medical Directives & Powers of Attorney etc. you know you're only on borrowed time (short of a miracle happening)

I'm closing down all my stores, as I will be unable to service them (I'm tied to the house on an oxygen machine)

I want to thank all the good mates I've made here (have done the same to the team & "boyz") & to the many who have helped me during my years here.
    I wish everybody the best, & still believe this site provides all that a seller could want - you just have to work at it.

Cheers!

Attachment 59341

Hi there Old And NOT in The Way...only just heard your news because I don't often hang out on this thread.

I understand the need to shut shop but please drop by and chat on the forums...this place would be all the quieter without you.

Billy and I are both living on borrowed time so we both understand a little of what it might be for you.

What helps me is to up the interraction with people who make you laugh and try to avoid or at least minimise contact with drama queens.

Carry on doing the things that you love to do and try not to sweat the small stuff

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

GOODBYE ALL

Well the CT-scan didn't work out well at all, & I've had the worst week of my life in hospital, taken by emergency ambulance & have endured a multitude of tests.
    The result being NOT GOOD I'm afraid. Some follow up Chemo "may" slow things down a tad - BUT - it won't cure matters.
    When they start talking of Wills, Advanced Medical Directives & Powers of Attorney etc. you know you're only on borrowed time (short of a miracle happening)
    I'm closing down all my stores, as I will be unable to service them (I'm tied to the house on an oxygen machine)
    I want to thank all the good mates I've made here (have done the same to the team & "boyz") & to the many who have helped me during my years here.
    I wish everybody the best, & still believe this site provides all that a seller could want - you just have to work at it.
    Cheers!

Not news I wanted to read. Speaking of thanks, I want to thank you for all your help in trying to find Helen Perkins for me. Sadly, it was a no goer but I so appreciated your trying for me.
    I've loved your posts, threads, humour - THANK YOU!!! What a loss and a huge gaping hole you will leave. Hugs xxx

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

GOODBYE ALL

Cheers!

I am so sorry to read your news Old. Your presence on the forums will be greatly missed.

THANK YOU for your travel, music and humour posts, they have been so enjoyable.

Big hugs xx
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've also been on holiday and will miss Old's postings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKqMNDoR4o
    Last edited by Maelbrigda; 30th September 2018 at 03:59 AM.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Right, off work for the rest of the day and tomorrow so time for a few more tunes.

First up the wonderful Manfred Mann's Earthband I had this on LP years ago and just got it on CD for my birthday.

The following are tracks from various LP's I managed to track down while on holiday.

Shel Silverstein best known for writing A boy named Sue and many tracks from Dr. Hook

China basically this was the Elton John Band led by Davey Johnstone, this is pretty hard to come by so was well chuffed to find a copy.

Little River Band one that Old will appreciate them being Aussies and that, this one's from their debut album from 1975. And this one is from their 1977 album Diamantina Cocktail

Gallagher & Lyle from the album Lonesome no more one of their lesser known singles.

Go Gos doing a fine cover of Cool Jerk from the album Vacation with Belinda Carlisle on lead vocals.

Ozark Mountain Daredevils Jackie Blue from the album It'll shine when it shines" been after a decent copy of this album for years having never got it when it originally came out in 1975, only ever had the single.

Al Stewart originally from the album Orange I managed to oick up a near mint copy of the double album The early years. Best known for Year of the cat this pre-dates that by several years.

Fad Gadget Under the flag from the album of the same name. 1982 Synth rock.

Last but not least from a great compilation album Reggae Chartbusters one of Trojan's best releases Pioneers Longshot kick the bucket

Alan, I know you aren't on the site anymore but just in case you are peeking at the forums I want to say "Thanks" for the true friend you have been to me. Your words of support, encouragement and your sage advice have meant so much to me when I was going through some rough times. I'll miss your humor, your beautiful flowers and most of all your awesome music. I'd just like to go get a bottle of rum and listen to your "geetar choons" all day. It's a good thing that the closest liquor store is 50 miles away because rum always made me do bad things I'll be keeping you in my Thoughts and Prayers.

Hey, all...
    yes, I'm having a rough time with Old's news....other than that, I've been doing okay.

I saw the neurosurgeon last week and the graft is doing well. I don't need to see him again unless I have some problems. He asked me if I wanted to start the process for fixing my lower back but I told him I needed some time to get caught up here at home and get a better support system in place than what I had after my neck surgery. The nerves in my neck still have not healed and cause pain but I've been keeping as busy as I can - remembering Old's advice to "listen to my neck" and let it dictate what I do.

I lost another one of my fur babies about 2 weeks ago. A long haired 15 lb ginger boy who was Jake's (my dog) best friend. He was a full grown feral cat, who for some reason, decided he wanted to live here about 5 years ago and became a house cat. Since he had spent so much of his life outside, I kept a large dog crate on the front porch and would put him out there during the day so he could watch the birds. If I sat down in my chair for the evening and hadn't brought him in, Jake would "remind" me. It took Jake over a week to realize that Shoney would not be coming in the house any more and that just broke my heart even more. That makes 7 I've lost in the past year, but with the exception of 2 other strays I took in about 5 years ago, the youngest is going to be 12 and the oldest 19 and I know they can't live forever

A friend of mine lost her great aunt a couple of weeks ago and she brought all the aunt's jewelry over for me to appraise, so I'm off to catch up on the forums and then "play with some jewelry" to take my mind off all the sad stuff.

Y'all take care,
    Shes

Pos!! welcome home.

I know I should have said something sooner, but my heart is broken. What can I say?

I have a new friend to take care of for a bit. Just a daily walk or visit when walking is not to my liking (I don't like wet walks). She is a pit bull cross possibly. She sure does like her walk. Her name is Happy.

Sadie's buddy is back and they have been raising the dust around here. Spice doesn't like it and barks all the while Atlas is over here. Sadie is tired out.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's amazing how online friends can affect you so much,
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    It's amazing how online friends can affect you so much,
    Too true,
    Allen (Old) was a consistent poster with an in depth music knowledge far greater than mine and educated me in his posts about the depth of music in his own country.
    I hope he can pop in to keep us updated.
    It's just not the same here

Wyo, good to see you here and an update from Shesa too.
    Thanks for dropping in Mael.
    I'll leave a drink behind the bar for you all for the next time you visit, including one for Trish and Books)
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information