eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Greetings

Nice tunes their Maelbrigda, the Disturbed track is one of my favourites.

Old, I've won't be a permananent hermit!, I will get out eventually, but not during this cold snap, I have trouble keeping my balance in the sun never mind on snow and ice.

My shopping got delivered by Tesco yesterday, what great service they provide too.
    I'll be making nice stews and curries now and can freeze and store for the future.

I hope everyone is coping with their local weather

my choon for today is from one of my fave groups,

Stay safe and warm folks

Good Morning everyone.
    Great to hear from you again Posbear, and don't forget - re all those curries and stews - you have to share! I'll keep me begging bowl handy! I also have started shopping with Tesco online, and having it delivered. I paid for the delivery package with the points so it doesn't cost anything, and it's so easy ordering online - plus you get so see all the bargain buys from your 'puter chair! Thanks for the great choon - really enjoyed watching the vid too.

Penni, I love your choices of music - you have great taste! I also love the Disturbed track. So glad that you are posting your selections, the more the merrier!

Well, I wished for snow and sure got it! We have had 6 inches, blizzards, biting cold wind and ridiculously cold temps
    Schools are closed, JR was told to stay home yesterday as none of the clients could make it in. Dom was unable to bring the little ones here for the night, so he just took them for a meal then back to their mother's house.
    No cars going up the road here, so I guess folks are staying put!

Old, how awful making you wait so long for your op, I think our National Health Service are going down that path - I heard that smokers and overweight patients will not receive treatment until they have stopped smoking and/or lost weight. I hope you manage to shed a few pounds and get the surgery you need.

My sis is in special care unit - she has had the surgery, and according to my neice, the op was a success, so far. The surgeon said it was a complicated proceedure, and it almost didn't work, but has managed to get a couple of veins working and supplying blood/oxygen to her foot/leg, thus saving further amputation. We are all praying that there will be no further pain for her, and no complications set in.

My other two sisters have been keeping me updated about mum. We are fearing that it is nearing the time for her to pass, she is getting weaker by the day, and is not eating or drinking. The Dementia is winning, mum has suffered with it for a long, long time. My sisters are with her for most of the day, trying to coax her to drink and eat a little something, but it's not paying off. I just hope that I will be able to say goodbye to my mum before she passes, it's a long old journey from here to Stoke, and ole JR gets stressed out especially on the motorways - he ain't exactly a Lewis Hamilton. Every time the phone rings I fear it may be 'that' news.

I have to go for more blood tests later, so I had better start swigging the water. They tell me to drink at least 2 litres before I go - hope it isn't a wasted journey, as sometimes my blood congeals in the syringe before testing. Off for a cuppa now though!
    catch you later.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Great choons everybody!

Pos - to freeze your stews, just put 'em outside the door! I'm sure glad we don't get those sort of temps anywhere near here!
    Glad they were still able to deliver your goodies, or you'd have to go back into hibernation.

Trisha - so glad your Sis got a good outcome with the blood flow! Those Doc's are sure worth their money!
    With a bit of luck & a crow bar - her pain levels will subside, now she has some circulation back.
    Sorry to hear of your Mum's situation - but snow & ice permitting, you should go ASAP, if at all possible.

As for my op - I've already been waiting 2 years, as I was mucked around by another local hospital, who eventually transferred my case onto the main one in Brisbane.
    I then had to start the whole process over again, so in effect, went back to the bottom of the waiting lists - which are long!
    With our free Public Health system here, they class patients into one of 5 different categories in order of urgency. Cat 1 being the most urgent.
    I'm told that when I attain their required weight level, I'll be either a cat 2 or 3, depending on the surgeon I'm assigned? That will mean anywhere from a 3 to 9 month wait for the op at that point.
    They've explained that due to my weight level, if they did the op now, it would all just unravel & I'd be in a worse position - hence the dieting!
    It's for my own good ultimately & I am approaching the magic number required - however - more would be better, they say! for a quicker recovery. "Such is Life"
    I could have paid through the nose to go into the Private hospital system & had it done ages ago, but (a) I'm too mean & (b) it would have been risky, as it turns out.

I've found this top bulimic drink which aids in my dieting! If you drink enough of it - you throw up, thereby losing weight.
    (chill out people - I'm only joking! & would never do that)

Name:  25-2.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  42.0 KB

A few more choons for yuz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UM7CXjzXRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiegvodC7c4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7i6XIMwaow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2M_J16z9sk

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings from chilly Cheshire

Not much to report here except that I had to get another printer/scanner delivered because I wore the old one out scanning postcards.
    It's really annoying that the ink refills for the printer are only £5 cheaper than the printer.
    You only get startup cartridges with printers these days, I think that's a bit deceptive, I wonder how many buyers realise this?
    I'll probably wear the scanner out before the ink runs out any way.

Keep your chins up folks, I am trying my best to lift mine up higher each day.

today's choon is yet another German band.

What do you get when you cross country music with symphonic metal?

This..

Here's a mug of tea for you all to keep you warm

Stay safe and warm/cool folks

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah well, I tried, and the tea went cold.
    No point in talking to myself.
    I'll try again next week.

stay safe.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear. I wanted to reply but was called away to other duties.
    Last edited by meebo1; 3rd March 2018 at 10:11 AM.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Sorry I missed that cuppa Pos (did it have a shot init)
    But I've been busy over in Taiwan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am1Owr5q9Wo

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,
    I'm so sad ....
    My dear mum passed away yesterday.
    I'm consoling myself (and all my siblings) that mum is at peace now after suffering with Dementia for many years.

To add to our sorrow, my sister who had her leg amputated recently and underwent further surgery last week on her remaining leg, has been in great pain and now been informed that the surgery was not successful, and she will most likely have to have her other foot/leg amputated.
    How cruel is that?
    Tears are flowing everywhere......
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Dear Trish & family - so sorry to hear of your Mum's passing. I hope she just peacefully went to sleep.
    I'm sure you're correct that for her, it is a blessing in disguise, & that she would have most likely not wanted to deteriorate any further.
    She must have been a good age? & had a full happy life. I certainly hope so, in any case. Please accept my sincere sympathies.

Very sad to hear also of your sisters plight. It is indeed a cruel outcome for her & family, after initially thinking her last op was successful.
    As tough as her next op will be for all concerned, I hope they can remedy her pain situation, & get ahead of the problem.
    Some people just seem to have a tough road in life, & I sure wish her a smooth journey from here on.

"May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields
    and until we meet again,
    may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

Thread Information