Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi everyone,
    today was the big day - I took JR into hospital this morning at 7am for his stoma reversal operation.
    He has let me know that he is OK, but nauseous, very tired and sleepy, so I'm not visiting him this evening, I will go tomorrow lunch time instead.
    We are both worn out - neither of us slept last night.
    I have just got over yet another illness that knocked me for a six for several days - and I do believe that I might be coming down with yet another chest infection.

We had the kiddies here Friday 'till Sunday and they were both poorly with coughs and colds, and as my immune system has packed in, I catch everything that's going around. I just cannot afford to be poorly again.
    I have to look after JR - they desperately need the beds, so the district nurse will be in every day to pack his wound etc.
    As we are not now going to Lucia's for Christmas I will have to do a Christmas shop for the turkey and ham and all the other goodies needed for the Christmas period. (Instead of us old fogies being treated now I'm in the chair for wining and dining - the family are coming here instead...... doh!)

Thanks for the choons you guys, I haven't listened to them yet - I probably will when I am wrapping presents a little later.
    I'm so behind - only just finished decorating the windows and tree.

Posbear me duck, sorry you have been down and out - keep yer pecker up son!
    Keep looking for that silver lining .....

Sorry it's just a brief message - just wanted you guys to know that I'm still around xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Great to hear from you Trish! (thought you'd be busy as) I don't know how you keep up the pace.
    Hope JR's op goes well & that you all have a top Christmas. Hope the family help out with the eats etc. & look after your own health girl - if you fall over, who's gonna nurse the rest? Sure hope 2018 is a better year for you over there.

Well as expected - we have the little urn back.
    I'll still be strapping in for the remaining 2 whitewash games!

Name:  171206-ashes-no-background.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  16.3 KB

Time for a celebratory drinkies or 3 & choon.
    Name:  bundy-r-bear-515x321.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  39.0 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXUBfx2_Mg

Pleased to see Pos & Trish posting, sorry to hear that you both have been suffering yet again, we are all having a pretty bad year of it one way or another.
    Trish don't overdo it, I hope JR recovers quickly and that the nurse's visits will be a big help for you.

Old it's will great regret I have to say well done the Aussies in regaining the ashes, once again we made a mess of it.

Anyway let's drink and be merry a song by the late Vin Garbutt record in Tasmania.

Hey, all!

So much to catch up on.......

First - Happy Belated Birthday Wishes, Pos! How are you doing with the vertigo & tinnitus? I've had vertigo once and it was like being on a bad drunk. My tinnitus has never gone away since it started about 5 years ago. I was really hoping that it was due to those lumps behind my ears (both issues started at the same time) but the ENT said no - just natural due to age. You said yours was "back" - what did you do to get it to go away for a while? You were spot on when you said " life has to go on no matter what crap gets thrown at you" - I decided yesterday that it was time to crawl out of my hidey hole and get back in the swing of things again.

Hey Trish! Your place sounds like mine - full to the brim - since we finally got done moving everything over her from the house across the creek, which I decided not to buy. I hope you've got over your tummy troubles by now. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to you too!! Poor JR I hope JR has a quick recovery and that you both are in good spirits for Christmas. Under the circumstances, if it were me, I think I'd tell everybody to "bring a dish" and have pot luck. If you go cooking for the whole crew, you won't have any energy left to enjoy Christmas!

Safari Suits - LMBO! We called them Leisure Suits over here - sure glad that is one style that has not repeated itself since. They tried men's "rompers" last year and they were a bust! Thank goodness!!

Loved seeing all the pictures of the kiddos!! I really miss being around kids and watching them play - oh, who am I kidding? I'm usually down on the floor playing beside them when ever I get a chance!!!

Old - since you brought up politics, I will say I sure have enjoyed hearing all the squealing going on over here - LOL!! Reminds me of a saying I hears years ago - "When you're up to your azz in alligators, it's hard to remember your initial objective was to drain the swamp." I'm glad you just had a "common tree snake"!! It's illegal to kill snakes here too - but only if they catch me!! I only saw 2 here this past summer - amazing!! One young Black Rat snake and one very confused Black Racer - both were allowed to go on their way as they were not in the chicken coops. I am extremely grateful we don't have pythons here!!

Wyo, I hope you are feeling better now. I've been "flirting" with a cold for several weeks, being out a lot in the cold/damp weather around lots of people, but taking my herbal immune system boosters have kept it from going full blown. WOW, Sadie sure is growing up fast and beautiful!!! I can just "see" her playing with the "S" toy - just be careful she doesn't trip you!! It sounds like the lady in town is lonely and thinks you are a good "cure" for that.

As Old mentioned - I've been spending a lot of time taking care of a good friend who had cancer (and being from the same family as my neighbor was you can imagine the drama that was going on!) His son and d-i-l live with him and she was supposed to take care of him but she went out of town for a while so I stayed with him for 6 days while his son was at work. After the d-i-l got back I was going to take over for a bit while she had an "urgent errand" to run. She didn't even wait on me to get there but left him alone without telling him she was leaving and took his cell phone with her!! He had me check his wallet and sure enough, money was gone. I waited until the son got home from work and she was back and "stuff" hit the fan!! I left her with the thought of sitting in jail for felony Elder Abuse/Neglect and that was not an idle threat! His son was good to care for him but while he was at work, I and other friends worked out a schedule of popping in or staying for long visits to make sure he wasn't left alone again and was being properly cared for.

It wasn't but a couple of days and more missing money later that he went back to the hospital Critical Care Unit and we took turns staying with him so he was never alone. I had planned to take a turn on the 11th & 12th but on the 9th I woke up and "knew" I had to go see him. When I got up there, everybody had gone out to eat while they transferred him to a hospice room so I got some private time to say my goodbyes. After everybody got back, it was a freaking zoo!! Half of them acted like they were at a party and the other half sat and planned his funeral - needless to say I took numerous smoke breaks, grrrrr........ By 10 pm everybody had left except his mom, sister, daughter, me and another friend. He passed very peacefully less than an hour later. I said my my goodbyes and went home before the drama crew got back to the hospital to say theirs. I made it through the funeral (the 13th) but did not go to the burial. I know where he and his wife (lost in a car accident in 2001) are buried and I can go up and visit any time.

For now, I will be keeping up with what I have already listed but I have decided that I need to take a break and I'm going into hibernation for the winter. About 10 years ago I spent the winter tracing my ancestry and have been wanting to get back to that, as I'm sure there is lots more info online now, so that's what I'm going to be doing to keep my mind occupied. And to make sure I get enough exercise, I'll be getting back to the projects (like the floor!!) that got started a year ago and were interrupted by "life".

WARNING!!! I will be back to check in on everybody from time to time and maybe I'll even have the time to find and post some choons myself, instead of just listening to everybody else's. Wouldn't that be a switch -??? LOL!!!

So, if I don't see y'all before, please have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Cheers booksie - we had a close call with the weather, & that game could easily have ended up a draw!
    Never made it into Longford when I toured Tassie. What a fab voice that Vin Garbutt had.

Glad to see you checking in Shesa. Stay cosy & warm, relax a bit, & get back when you're able!

Hope everyone else is on the mend by now, & have a great Christmas.

Cheers!

Name:  BundyCake.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  76.5 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLt0_GDHWFU

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a quick visit to say hi,

My four sons and Jim Beam celebrated my birthday last night
    It's a bit foggy in my brain at the moment hence the short stay.

But a choon for you before I go,

not your sterotype violin player, but awesome!

Stay safe

I missed Posbears birthday, so a Very Merry Unbirthday to you dear Pos!

Happy Winter Solstice everyone. Sadie woke me up at almost 5 this morning and it was snowing and blowing. We have about 3 inches on the ground now who knows how much it will be when it quits flying around in the air. Sadie is not happy because I won't let her stay out very long at a time - it is bitter cold. So, every hour she wants to go out again. I left her out 20 minutes this time - it is noon here, and she is more settled now.

Last week bowling was great!!! 133, 161, 165. Yippee! haven't had scores like that for a looooong time.

My friend in Oklahoma posted this and it is great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyZy5WxaB1k
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hello dear pals!
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas - I have JR home after his surgery. YAYYY!!!
    He isn't very well but we are both happy that he is home and the district nurse is coming in to see to his dressings.

Great to hear from everyone, glad everyone is fine.

Oh Posbear, I am so sorry that I missed your birthday - glad your sons and ole JB helped you celebrate.

Thanks so much for the choons, ooh I did so enjoy them!
    Last one books was just a favourite of mine.

Here are some of my beloved Christmas songs -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbKQ7nXx0o8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-eTzxdppVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIEW1Xg4aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xww_oaafCBA
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope that you all have a great day with your loved ones.

A special song for you all from a singer that usually dresses in black..

Have a great day.

Thread Information