Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hello everyone!

Apologies for my absence - been quite a bitter/sweet week or so for the clan Richardson.
    Halloween was fun - my little ones were all dressed up as devils and witches (little Ava was a pumpkin ... lol, sooo funneee!) She will be furious with her daddy when she is older for dressing her like that - and taking photo's!)

Poor JR learned that the lesions on his head were skin cancers - as we suspected.
    Before he met me, he had spent time in Africa and other hot countries and also 5 yrs out in Mahajanga (Majunga) Madagascar when he was in the RAF, and got awfully sunburned. (So he tells me!)
    I have always made sure that he wears a hat when he is out in the sun, especially when on holidays abroad.
    He had a consultation with the hospital dermatologist last night, and is now booked in for skin grafts/treatment within the next six weeks.
    As for his stoma, he saw his stoma nurse on Tuesday and he has a rupture on one side, he has been told to do no more heavy work/ lifting at all
    Guess that rules out him carrying me off to the bedroom when the mood takes him ....(which isn't very often these days!)

We all went over to Lucia's farm on Saturday for a bonfire/fireworks party. It was great fun, and we all had a super time (and got very merry!).
    Arrived back Sunday eve. rather the worse for wear - at least I didn't end up like Old, kissing grass! LOL!!!!

Had Dom's kiddies here for a couple of days, so that's always erm, a bit energy consuming! They are so full of mischief, so lively, so funny, I love them to bits but I'm relieved when they go back to their mother for a little while, so I can catch my breath!

My sis who had the amputations is not as bitter as she was, she maybe coming round to coping, bless her. So very hard to imagine what I would be like in her shoes - Oh, Gawd, I didn't mean to say that.

Daughter Teagan phoned last night - very tired with all the day/night breast feeding demands of baby Robbie - he is over 12lbs now. She is still suffering with the wisdom tooth extraction and the dry socket thingy, as she can't take anything else other than a paracetamol.

Now then - I have GOOD NEWS! (Hurrah, everyone cries, makes a pleasant change from all the doom she has spouted recently !)
    My beautiful Lucia - ( the biker chick and farmer/ess! ) has landed herself a fabulous job.
    She went for the interview on Monday, and got the job on Tuesday.
    She is now officially on the medical staff at the Internationally renowned Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge as administrator for recruiting doctors.
    WOW! what a great achievement. I'm so proud of her .....

I have sooo enjoyed the choons you guys have submitted - some really 'falling off chair, rocking, head bangin' stuff' Brill!
    Books, I also remember buying Embassy records from Woolies, it was a cheaper way to get the music/choons that we loved at a much cheaper price.
    I seem to remember that I used to pay about 6 shillings and 8 pence but I can't remember if that was for the real thing or the Woolies Embassy version.

Thanks so much for all the just fantastic music you guys have forwarded - just awesome choices everyone.
    Now then, I think us ladies should have a little bit of eye candy ... YEEHAW!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whoa - can't let cha get away with that Trishie! - Can I fellas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRyRL7EySUM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1P76BZfgn8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFNUjoT7Tc

Congrats on Lucia's new job - glad to hear Sis is doing better, & hope JR's skin grafts all work out well (hey! you could always carry him to the boudoir)

After Bundy party!
    Name:  funny_animals_pictures_3.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  17.5 KB

OK .... for the fellas .... check this out..... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVhisp8gUg
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thought I'd pop in and say hello, before I start yapping on the blower to the family.
    It's little Abigail's 6th birthday today - she is having her party on Sunday but sadly, I'm not going - too much illness around and my immune system went awol many moons ago. I will have to skype instead.

Loved those cowgirl vids Old - I could almost see Wyo and Shes dancing away in those little bitty shorts, tied up shirts and cowgirl boots.

As for carrying JR to the boudoir - impossible. I couldn't lift his trousers let alone his whole body.
    Anyways, he would probably start protesting that footie/rugby/snooker/darts/cricket/boxing/wrestling/tennis/cricket/motorcross/bike racing/ bowls/horse racing/golf/ice hockey/American football/ athletics/ skiing/cycling/Formula 1/ basketball/ lacrosse/ etc. was on the tele-box.
    He does love his sports ....
    . mutter, mutter, pity he doesn't partake in any.

The bar is open - help yourselves -
    Name:  bar.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  82.0 KB

and keep those choons coming in everyone!

We haven't had any Quo for a while, so here y'are!
    (Ooh, I do like Francis Rossi!)

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ooh! thanks for the drinkies Trish - I'll have one of each thanks! (then fall down!)

That belly dancer is fit Never knew jelly could jiggle in all directions at once! - Why, there were bits still jigglin' five minutes after she came to a halt.

The Quo vid won't work for me - so - here's one I prepared earlier!

Shy Fly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlt8jryWf0Y

Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon was one of the first CD's I ever bought - think I'll go put it on & do some head bangin' - gotta love the Quo!

I'm with JR - somebody has to make up the spectators! - I'll be in front of the telly when we smash the Poms in the cricket - again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC3jt_k27No

Name:  Tull.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  14.9 KB

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

nice choice of whisky there Old, but i'll have a g&t .
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Good for you Penni!
    Good morning/evening everyone.

I don't have much planned for today (kiddie free weekend ) so hopefully a nice relaxing day for a change!
    Great choons there Old ..... love the Quo, seen them live a few times. It was great to see three generations of families watching and enjoying the show.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings from a grey and miserable Cheshire.
    But I am cosy in my little home so no worries here.

Trish, sorry to learn of JR's problems, I wish him the best of luck with his treatment.
    Never mind carrying him, you need to get a chair with wheels for him to sit on, then you could wheel him into your bedroom for a bit of pash
    I don't see my grandchildren often, not seen one lot for over a month, but I suppose I'll get to see them at Christmas.

I hope everyone else is OK and keeping warm/cool.

I actually sold a postcard on eBid this week, faith now renewed

Choon time.
    Ever heard of German composer Jo Blankenburg? probably not. Chances are you will have heard his music though. He composes music for epic movies and video games.
    I listen to his music more than anyone elses at the moment, loud

https://youtu.be/UP2FI-Y33ug
    https://youtu.be/KLHBxVTO6I8

My favourite album of his is called Elysium.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SNVoWNkyc

It's the type of music I listen to when being creative.
    LIKE THIS

Stay safe and warm
    Last edited by Posbear; 11th November 2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Wow, some great tunes over last few days.

Old, a fair few of yours I had heard before, Steve Wright came out over here most likely due to his Equals connection they had a fair few hits back in 60's and early 70's. The Divinys are a band that my lad Ben likes, his era is the 80's, they had a couple of minor hits here and I remember selling an album of theirs back then, same with Hoodoo Guru.

Enjoyed the Ian Moss track, though didn't realise he had been in Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes is the guy we all remember. The Goanna track is pretty good, made all the better by seeing the video with Jenny Agutter, she was a teenage pin up for many of us at that age.

The one track I must follow up on is the one by Missy Higgins, really enjoyed that one.

I'm not a great fan of Surf music, being from Nottinghamshire we are stuck in the middle of the Midlands so not much of a surf scene even back in the sixties (we had a pond in the village).

Trish, hope JR gets his scalp sorted, my father in law had a similar problem, he said it was his mums fault making him play out all hours in the sun when he was a kid so he didn't get Rickets, then the dermatologist told him years later that was maybe the reason.

Anyway here are a few more tunes, hope you all enjoy.

Danny Williams Based on the Martini advert tune

Andy Williams From 1962

The Who From 1981

Whitesnake USA Single mix from 1987

The Whites A touch of country

White Plains Memories from early seventies and going rock climbing

Westworld Sonic Boom Boy

The Weathermen Great tune but from a dodgy bloke

Wayne Fontana & Mindbenders Um! cover of the Major Lance track that was a big Northern track here in late 60's early seventies

Sarah Washington Almighty Records was a lable that produced huge amounts of dance cover versions that we sold lots of in the shop on 12" vinyl along with Loading Bay Records they catered for the Gay Disco Scene though many mainstream club DJs played them. Many of the tracks appeared on The Hit Man & Her late night TV show introduced by Pete Waterman & Michella Strachan. The biggest track on Loading Bay was Rofo's Theme by Rofo

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

loved westworld track. The rest are a bit before my time
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information