Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Thank you for the education. sounds just like a close relative of the Yeti

Great to see meebo & Penni popping in. Not heard the Nightwish track for a while, where's Poss ? Also the Wayne Hussy track, always liked The Mission. Just finished listening to Dignity, always a good listen. Raintown was a big seller for us when we had the shop.

Trish, hope the Doc soon gets on top of you results and it's good news so far.

Was watching the cricket but it looks like rain is the winner today ! So let's have a few more tunes.

Mike Oldfield & Les Penning - A bit of a rare single release

Mikey General - An independent reggae release

Johnny Nash - 1972 was a great year for reggae pop tunes

Newby and Johnson - This found it's way onto the Northern Soul dance-floors

Freddie North - Rare soul from 1971

Billy Ocean - Not one of his biggest hits but one I played many times

O'Jays - Just one of their many hits written by Gamble & Huff Philly Soul at it's best

Oliver - 1969 and hippies are all around and with them a host of great tunes

Olympics - I recently picked up a 78 version of this to go along with my 45 novelty track

The more I delve into the collection i'm amused by some of the records I have purchased, just goes to show I have no musical taste whatsoever !

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Walkies continued:

Attachment 56185
    Lots of small birds like Silvereye play in the rushes
    Attachment 56186
    More Teal & evidence of how dry it is - water is normally up near the green tufts of grass
    Attachment 56187
    Other water fowls & looking back to the start
    Attachment 56188
    The remaining track past some large gums
    Attachment 56189
    More Grass trees & Cycad
    Attachment 56190
    Cycad revoluta (see the spent flower laying centre right) - commonly called Sago Palm - also slow growing!
    Attachment 56191
    Other side of the fence is the cattle property - cattle under the trees in the centre background
    Attachment 56192
    One large Eucalyptus (gum tree) about 80 - 100 feet high & usually covered with Corellas of an afternoon (very noisy)
    Attachment 56193
    At the end of my walk & one lone Pelican fishing, with yet more Teal on the bank behind him/her?

Hope you enjoyed the walk

HI everyone,
    Long time no see, speak, hear!
    What lovely pictures to see as a welcome back Old, fantastic shots and nice to see you look like you are having a good time out in Oz, are you living there? What camera have you used? these shots have such beautiful quality and clarity about them.
    Last edited by Salomina27; 8th September 2017 at 03:56 PM.

Forum Master
    All-About Salomina27
    Forum Posts

Well, it has been so long since Ive been in here properly, and lots going on, still ongoing health issues too, but I think I may be onto something there, with a breakthrough finally (fingers crossed) after years in the wilderness getting virtually nowhere amidst all the stigma too...

I now have FOUR grandchildren. The oldest two have just been to stay with me for two weeks, they are now nearly seven and nearly five, little darlings, just wonderful little human beings.

I see a few pictures of some interesting and varied guitars and stringed instruments. My own collection has changed somewhat since last in here. I have got rid of some and acquired , er um... a few, not just guitars, but other varieties of stringed instruments. I don't know about a sickness Old, Im definitely not sick of them ;-) but it is certainly addictive collecting haha I will have to downsize or put some in storage though as Im thinking and hoping to go travelling next year for a bit, if I can organise it all and get some relief with the health issues, and manage it.
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with JR being ill and also have been so yourself Trish. Hope all goes well for you all. Im afraid Ive virtually lost faith in gp's and the NHS. Hope you are having more success.

Looks like the toons are still coming thick and fast, great to see!
    What is it like selling on here these days, is it better, worse or about the same?

Incidentally does anyone know where I could possibly find a model, miniature, toy like camper van on here?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    HI everyone,
    Long time no see, speak, hear!
    What lovely pictures to see as a welcome back Old, fantastic shots and nice to see you look like you are having a good time out in Oz, are you living there? What camera have you used? these shots have such beautiful quality and clarity about them.
    G'day Sal - good to see you back! & Yes, I'm a Brisbane boy born & bred, now having a tree change in the bush. You'll see my location under my avatar Glad you enjoyed the walk.

Thanks for the compliment on my photographic skills - I'm a total novice, & can only put the quality down to our good light down here, & the power of my old Canon Powershot A40 2 meg digital.
    I just point, wait for the auto focus & click - after that, I just run the pix through a very basic Picasa 3 software fine tuning & cropping procedure, then upload them here.

You're correct - collecting anything is habit forming - but what I do with guitars is bordering on a sickness!
    I have added quite a few since I saw you here last. BTW ( All) that new gold Rickenbacher number has arrived - Yeah! & it just made it out of Florida by the skin of its teeth - so it looks!
    I hope my geetar guy over there keeps his head down - OR - bugs out & goes inland by a couple of states, till the storms are over! (taking his geetars with him)

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi all

Yes meebs, a Yeti cousin - although its said that around here, some folks think that it's just young drunk guys, running around naked in the scrub late at night, yelling
    Yowieeeee!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-UjD-m6L9g

More great choons there booksie - cheers!

Sure hope Pos is OK - long time, no hear?

Well I've got my steel geetar club meet tomorrow & I have a few new ones to take to "show & tell" AKA "skitefest" AND, I'd better get some prac done ASAP

So, ciao 4 now!

Forum Master
    All-About Salomina27
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    G'day Sal - good to see you back! & Yes, I'm a Brisbane boy born & bred, now having a tree change in the bush. You'll see my location under my avatar Glad you enjoyed the walk.

Thanks for the compliment on my photographic skills - I'm a total novice, & can only put the quality down to our good light down here, & the power of my old Canon Powershot A40 2 meg digital.
    I just point, wait for the auto focus & click - after that, I just run the pix through a very basic Picasa 3 software fine tuning & cropping procedure, then upload them here.

You're correct - collecting anything is habit forming - but what I do with guitars is bordering on a sickness!
    I have added quite a few since I saw you here last. BTW ( All) that new gold Rickenbacher number has arrived - Yeah! & it just made it out of Florida by the skin of its teeth - so it looks!
    I hope my geetar guy over there keeps his head down - OR - bugs out & goes inland by a couple of states, till the storms are over! (taking his geetars with him)

Hi Old, Gday, I should say!
    That camera and your skills sure do create wonderful pictures, I use photography software too when editing sometimes, but you can't get away from the fact the quality is outstanding from you both. Keep em coming. Always nice to see pictures of what people are up to and where but stunning pictures like that certainly brighten MY day up.
    Oops I didn't look at your avatar, Queensland. Lovely.

Looks like you got your Rickenbacker in time alright, absolutely gorgeous beast you got there, bet it plays beautifully too. To me guitars and other stringed instruments, to some degree or other, are like children, they are all different and unique, and little gems, in their own right, you get the not so well behaved ones too but I think it is also the nature of the collecting, undertanding and seeking out various qualities and rarities, then hearing their unique voices and then working together to a future goal of watching the skills and character grow and shine hopefully,it is definitely addictive collecting them alright. Im gutted on the one hand Im going to have to downsize for a while but will make the most of it by travelling for a bit. Gonna get a camper van and go on the road for a while, ha old hippy I am . I dinitely won't be able to take my whole collection of my babies with me and it will be hard selecting only a few but so be it..

Forum Master
    All-About Salomina27
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    Here a couple of my own photos of some of the fun stuff Ive been up of late

Name:  IMG_0515.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1216.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  2016-10-25-7280_Q1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  53.9 KB

have no idea why the first photo of me and my two oldest grandchildren appeared on here upside down but it has.. it is taken before entering castle to a sweet little tune from my little musical lass. 2nd one is taken in France of Main square festival in Arras France. The main act Radiohead who were as briliant as I expected.. And then last but not least approaching Palau, stunning views of one of the smaller islands
    Last edited by Salomina27; 9th September 2017 at 01:58 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Name:  IMG_0515.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  54.9 KB

Here ya go Sal

Great shots also! My Bro did a similar foot shot on one of his Nepal trips.
    Sadly those photos are now defunct here, thanks to Photobuckets greed!
    Musical kids as well.

Sal! Good to see you, literally.

It is hot here today, but I am happy my kids survived the hurricane. They hunkered down and Irma had been down graded to a Category 2 by the time it got to them and she veered off a bit. Got a call at 1:47 am which was 3:47 am their time and they were yawning. No one has rang my phone in the middle of the night for a long time.

Name:  CMB-7281.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  120.8 KB

Finished this this weekend, I cut it out over 20 years ago, just call me speedy. He he It is for your plastic bags.

Name:  Sadie910171.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  92.1 KB

Sadie tells me this is her centerfold shot. I am looking for the dirty dog that let her see a "Dog House".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNVwV5zquM

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information