eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Howdy again all - still raining here! Yeah!

The fence is finished & my share of the bill is on the way!

As promised earlier, here is the Tuna Corn Pasta Bake (+ peas) for your din dins! Dig in & enjoy!
    PS. It's tastier than it looks on the plate. (which is now gone!)

TUNA & CORN PASTA BAKE
    INGREDIENTS: 2 CUPS OF SHORT PASTA COOKED (I use smallest shell type), 425g CAN OF TUNA IN SPRING WATER DRAINED, 500g JAR OF TUNA BAKE SAUCE, 420g CAN OF CORN KERNELS DRAINED, 1 CUP OF GRATED TASTY CHEESE.
    METHOD: MIX COOKED PASTA, TUNA BAKE, DRAINED TUNA & CORN IN AN OVENPROOF DISH.
    SPRINKLE WITH GRATED CHEESE & BAKE IN A PREHEATED OVEN AT 190C FOR 25 MINUTES.
    SERVES 4

Would you like a wine with that?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It looks good but at 5 am probably not a very good idea. And I don't eat seafood, so I will have to look for something else

Hey all!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still around.

Been very busy helping with the neighbor's care and he finally got moved to a nursing home on Tuesday then passed away just before midnight on Wednesday. The funeral will be Sunday and then I'll be helping his step daughter (his own kids won't lift a finger, except to take what was his that they want) to sort things out and get everything prepared to sell to pay for the funeral expenses (no his own kids won't help with that either!!)

I did have a very nice "date day" with Hubby on Monday - it was good to get away for the day!

I'll be back to catch up with you all when "life" permits. I need to squeeze in that Dr. appointment for my lymph sometime this coming week too.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yooo Hoooo !
    I am still here too
    My lurgy has gone and little boy lost is back again, I did miss him!
    My friend in Germany has just sent me a parcel of unwanted postcards, FDC, books and railway VHS, he won't accept money for them but will accept a box of Thornton's chocolates!
    Must have cost him a fortune, it weighed a huge 26kg!!
    Still no sales for me on eBid, 650+ postcards and hardly any views. I am losing faith.
    On feepay with a max of only 150 items listed I am making sales nearly every day, the items are more expensive too!
    I don't do social media to promote my items, so it's all my fault I don't sell on here, not eBid's fault for not doing advertising and getting the name about
    Still, never mind, onwards and upwards.

I hope that you are all doing OK and keeping well, anyone heard from Sues at all?

I'll leave you with a little serenade to listen to..

Be good
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hi Shes,
    sorry to hear your neighbour passed away. Don't put off the appointment too long. All the best, Dave.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

POSCAR: Still no sales for me on eBid, 650+ postcards and hardly any views. I am losing faith.
    On feepay with a max of only 150 items listed I am making sales nearly every day, the items are more expensive too!
    I don't do social media to promote my items, so it's all my fault I don't sell on here, not eBid's fault for not doing advertising and getting the name about
    Still, never mind, onwards and upwards.
    You could try experiments like postage paid (2nd class) listing for your cards, just to see whether it attracts people.

I really don't like social media advertising, feels too pushy, but fortunately I can sell without.
    Last edited by billsstamps; 14th May 2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Hello everyone,
    just popped in to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking - well, almost!
    I have been quite poorly (again) and was put back on the Clarithromycin which has made me feel absolutely rotten, and very depressed.

I have had really bad stomach cramps, sickness/ diarrheah and lots more awful stuff I won't bore you with.
    I realised that I was at my worst a few hours or so after taking these blerdy awful tablets, so ditched them after 5 days and lo and behold! I feel so much better.
    They obviously don't agree with me, and I'm fed up with being a scapegoat receptacle for all the drugs they can push onto me.
    Well, enough of that nonsense,

Party in Stoke last weekend was awesome and I was so pleased to see my dear mum - and YES!
    She recognised me, I could tell by her eyes that suddenly came to life when I looked her closely in the face and spoke to her -
    told her my name. She reached out and held her hand up to my face and caressed me, and said "My beautiful"
    I sobbed my heart out and the staff at the nursing home were wiping their eyes too.
    What a cruel thing Dementia is - to be locked inside, not able to communicate.

Shes, sorry to hear about your neighbour passing away, hope the funeral wasn't too sad for you.
    By the sounds of it, his own kids won't shed many tears - shame on them.
    Please make sure to get your lymph problems sorted asap, look after yourself hun x

Posbear - great choon! Loved it.
    Glad to hear that your lurgy has gone, and what a super friend you have in Germany!
    No - nothing from our Sues, I sure do miss her and our landlord Al, I would give anything to have them back here again -
    the forums were vibrant with their input! Now - alas - forums are pitiful.

Hey Old! How did the appointment go? Any news on the colonoscopy?
    Hope the bill for the fence wasn't too steep - and thanks for the recipe, will try it out soon!

Wyo, good luck with your new website - hope you do well.
    You sure should do as your handmade goods are simply amazing!

Waves to Bill and welcomes Elench - dear meebo will look after you all when I can't make it - she makes very good coffee I have heard!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all First the good news!

For those who have been following my lost Rick geetar saga!
    I've just had news from the seller, that USPS have FINALLY decided to refund the shipping (& about time too!)
    Once he has that back - WE will decide how to get it to Oz now! & hopefully, choose a more competent company.
    I've asked several times what the reason was for its return, but to date, I've had no response.
    Just happy ATM that it appears, I may eventually end up with it - although I'm not counting my chickens, until I have it in my hot little hands!

Less good news - I have my colonoscopy this Wednesday, & have already started the pre-op diet routine etc. Have pressed my Bro into service to take me to the hospital & back Wednesday.

Trish - So glad you had that special moment with your Mum - now you've made my keyboard all wet!
    I agree with you, Dementia is a terrible thing, & to witness a loved one fade away like that, is very difficult for the whole family.
    Weird thing is, that after a while, they don't know they're ill, & that in itself, is very sad for all concerned. I was so lucky my old Mum didn't suffer that way!
    That drug you're on looks to be a real beach! - Don't they have something else they could give you with less side effects?
    The fence is finished, paid for & was steep, but it had to be done I guess - I suppose it does add value to the property. (not that I'm thinking of selling)

It's great to see everyone chiming in with comments & choons, & I also miss absent friends. SO - for landlord Al (& everyone else) a choon & a drink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztKD75J2BM

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Old, I think you should go and collect your guitar, or have it delivered in person.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Feeling ill. Completely self-inflicted.
    Spent a long weekend at a hotel in Blackpool, half-board, and ate and drank FAR too much.
    Back home to salads for a bit.

Fleetwood Marina

Name:  fleetwood.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  47.6 KB
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information