My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Must get to work soon, but for those of you who admired my beans - My grandparents sold the homestead and moved to the Western Slope (Western Colorado) when my Dad and Uncle Lowell were teenagers. Grandpa froze his feet as they were going over the pass and was unable to work when they arrived so they lived on what the boys could earn. This involved eating a lot of poultry. As a result my father just couldn't handle turkey or chicken, but was a big fan of as he called it - ham and a bean. Often times our Christmas dinner was Ham and Beans, so to us they are quite a treat.

More recently my farmer reminded me that after Mom passed, Dad got himself a crock on a hot plate and used that to cook for himself so my farmer was not surprised that a lot of my meals are prepared in my crock pot. We would have been right at home by that campfire in that movie scene - Old. LOL!

I eat a bigger variety of bean than Dad did, probably because there is a larger variety on the market now.

Went to Cheyenne yesterday and got most of my errands taken care of. Now I have groceries, got that too large ramp I got for Onika on it's way back, restocked my vaporing supplies, and picked up some items for a necklace I have on the drawing board. Got rained on too.

OK, must get back to work. Oh yeah - Hey Moonie!! Old - what a cutie!! Baloo aka Pos - The bare necessities, the simple bear necessities - la la la.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hello everyone,
    Just relaxing now with a lovely glass of JD Honey whisky on ice .... yum!

Hey Wyo, you going to join me? I loved reading about your family history, absolutely fascinating. Your crock pot meals sound deelish - I swear I can smell something cooking and wafting over here right now!

Thankfully I have only had to cook for JR and I tonight as Dom is driving back from Wales tonight ( he has to travel a lot with his job), and he won't be back 'till late. (It's 10 pm here).

JR has had a lurgy (obviously man-flu!) and has been acting/playing the dying swan act to a tee .... he has had two days off work and has slept and coughed for most of the time.
    Strangely, his appetite hardly diminished.
    He has very kindly passed his lurgy to me, but I'm determined not to give in to it although I have felt rotten today and know that I have yet another chest infection.
    I just have to fight it as I have booked a hotel room for Sat. & Sun. night in Stoke this weekend.
    We are having a huge family get together, to celebrate a 60th bithday and I'm determined to be there as I think my No.1 daughter Tracey and her family will be travelling up from Cornwall and I haven't seen her or my grandchildren for ages.
    Also, I will visit my beloved mum (who has Dementia) and although she is in advanced stages of this cruel disease and won't even recognise me, I just have to see her and give her a big hug .... maybe my last chance.

Well, my little Lulie didn't do well at Silverstone. She was plagued with probs, riddled with mechanical issues, like fairings flying loose on the hangar straight, power valves not working and gear selector coming off once, then it actually fell off on another session.
    Her mechanic is working hard to sort everything out ready for the next racing session at Snetterton.

Old, oh I just love AC/DC .... can't get enough of them. Now see what you have done ... I just have to play one of their choons REAL LOUD! ! Swoon.... corr, bet that woke the neighbours up ... hee-hee!

Easybeats - yes I remember them, 'Friday on My Mind' was a hit here in UK in the 60's, I think it was after I married my first hubby in '66, so was probably 67 or 68.

Shes, good on your hubby doing the cooking for you even though most of it is grilled! Hope that you do get your lymph system sorted soon, and I so agree with you about being claustrophobic .....
    eek! I hate really packed places, can't even venture out to stores to do shopping, I do it all online. Also would traipse up several flights of stairs rather than get in a lift.
    Sad about missing out on my Tater Tot dish, maybe next time?

Posbear, me duck, Shes has good advice. Crank up the volume son, it's your house. I sooo miss your choice of choons ..... the ole speakers are gathering dust again!
    Good luck with your sales on TOS, I can hardly keep up with mine!

Right, I'm off now after listening to all about Lucia's adventures and outlook for the future for an hour, she can talk the hind legs off a donkey.
    I'm a bit hungry so I suppose I should eat my dried up dinner,
    I will leave you now with an Irish blessing ..... (being a granddaughter of a McCarthy)

'May your troubles be less,
    And your blessing be more.
    And nothing but happiness,
    Come through your door.'
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Cheers for the JD & honey Trish, but I'd prefer U No Wot - Yes! ACCA DACCA are OK for old pensioners!
    Well - Lucia had an interesting day eh? - that's par for the course I'll bet 'n better luck next time! I'll pass those results on to Bro!
    Hope the bugs are worked out for next time.
    As a product of the Allen's & Callaghan's, who all had free passage here on prison ships! Here's one for you all.

May those who love us, love us;
    And for those who don't love us,
    May God turn their hearts;
    And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
    May He turn their ankles,
    So we will know them by their limping!

Well the new side fence must be going to start next week, because nobody has showed up as yet!
    The new house next door has been cleaned inside & out to within an inch of its life - so I guess it must be getting close to the newbies moving in very shortly - possibly this weekend, is my tip? Funny thing is, that about an hour after the cleaners finished - the new owners (with young child in tow) went around peering in, & leaning on just about every window! Grubby fingerprints all round!

Easybeats 1966
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iW2_Ec3uEU

I'd recommend this very very nice spiced rum from Trinidad

I was beginning to wonder if I was here all by myself, he he he. Trish take care of yourself!! Thanks for the JD.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am still around

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still around too

I have had the same lurgy as Trish's JR, so my youngest has stayed away so he doesn't get it LOL!
    He's stayed with a friend on the other side of the river. I might be ill for a while, wink.wink

Trish, you asked for choons.. well here ya go..a whole PosRock play list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4G...kCA_FkIZKZy2S9

should keep your dust away!

For more, go here....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a...yJF3lpzz-M60MA

Lovely and sunny here, I am sat at my desk with the garden door wide open, birds singing and me sneezing !

Still no sales on eBid, but i am doing daily postings from TOS!
    They inreased my account limit from 100 listings to 150 listings. I also can list up to 100 free listings a day!
    As much as I dislike TOS for their ££££££££ policies, I am happy to be making some money from them.
    My prices are at least 50% over what I would sell on here for, sorry eBid, but for me and my postal items you are not god enough.
    I still have over 600 listings on here.

Our new bridge across the Mersey is getting closer to joining up!

http://www.merseygateway.co.uk/live-view/camera-2

I now need to enjoy my lurgy,

stay safe and well,
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Good morning meebo and Posbear,
    I've made breakfast so I will share, although I bet you have already had yours!

It's a lovely day here too - bright and sunny, but still rather chilly for May with a cold easterly wind, so no doors open here!
    Glad to hear that you are shifting some stock Pos, WTG!
    Hope your lurgy is on the way out, but don't let on to your son, I'm sure he will be happy to stay with his pal on the other side of the river for a little longer!
    Haven't listened to the choons yet, but sure will in a little while.

Hi to Wyo, enjoy that honey JD!

Thanks for the amusing poem Old - and also the spiced rum, which will be sampled in due course!
    Hope your neighbours are nice folk and invite you to their house-warming partee! Whoo-hoo!

Right must dash, got loads to do .....
    Have a great day/evening everyone
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 5th May 2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Morning all!

Am playing "catch up" today - have been spending lots of time across the creek. Due to sleep deprivation, the neighbor had become very difficult to take care of - even his paid caregiver needed extra hands to help and she's VERY good at her job. He wanted to be moved every freaking 5 minutes and that wore us all out - even hubby was going over to move him when I was too tired. Thankfully, he accepted Hospice care the other day and the meds they gave him knocked him out for a full 24 hours. Trying to understand his lack of ability to speak is nerve wracking to all of us, so I'm hoping he will allow me to make a letter board to use. It's heartbreaking to see a fully functional mind trapped in a non-compliant body.

WYO - Thanks for sharing the story behind your "bean dish" - very interesting to get little glimpses of history!! Most of the "Hot Dishes" (casseroles) I make were learned when I was a farmer's wife. When you are on call to run to the field, go for parts, etc., a crock pot or one dish meal is almost a necessity!!

TRISH - I really hope you enjoy your weekend for the 60th b-day party. Being able to visit with your mum, even if she doesn't recognize you, will be good for both of you. She will know that somebody cares for her - even if she doesn't know who that somebody is. Sorry to hear Lucia had a rough time at the track. Times when things go wrong just help us better appreciate the times when things go right!

Thanks OLD & Trish for the Irish Blessings (granddaughter of a McBride) I used to have a whole book of them but don't know where it got to

OLD - I hope your new neighbors will be good ones!! I had some rotten ones for about 5 years and it was very difficult NOT to send "hate thoughts" every time I looked across the creek. They finally moved away and I've got a nice neighbor now - the one who just recently lost his girlfriend. The spiced run sounds really good!! Rum does funny things to my head, but I could use that about now - lol!!!

POS - I hope you really recover soon but encourage you to "fake it" until your son finds a job and a place of his own Glad to hear you are making sales somewhere!!

Y'all take care!

Shes

I made up my mind on Friday to give up on the ranch and I am now building a web site for what I call my Froofy things. I will use the handmade site for my Vintage and Hand Made things and list the rest on the web site. So, here is go, I have 30 days to try it, if I don't like it I can get a refund, so I won't close anything out until the first of June. I didn't do very well at first with the web site for my tractor parts, but that was 2008 that I started it and lately it has been pretty good to me. Hopefully I will start to get some of this stuff out of my house. Also working on sorting things to go to charity and trash. I've got too much stuff!

It was a beautiful day up until a few minutes ago and I can hear the wind blowing now so there must be a front moving through. I just signed on to send some emails, so I'm not staying today.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all Good luck with the new site Wyo, hope it all works out well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaaN06Cd-E

Yes! you guessed it - the fence started yesterday! (be glad when it's over) The steel posts were concreted in, & today, the timber is going up.
    Then I'll get a bill for my share of the costs! But at least it will screen off us looking in each others windows!
    Had some light showery rain yesterday & overnight, & today looks to be a repeat of the same. Got down to 9C this morning - brrrrrrrrr!

I'm off to my consultant appointment on the 11th. re the colonoscopy! They'll set the procedure date which I expect to be in about a month?
    So you may not hear from me for awhile when that happens - I'll be in the throne room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEp9...=RDCEp9oi1LVXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pbxhvAaAI

Thread Information