Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31547)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    BILL - I'm jealous of you too!! Hope you are having a wonderful time though! I'll pass on the snails as well and like Old, won't touch frog legs either! I played with both as a child in their natural environment and can't even think of having them on my plate - same goes for crawdads, especially the way they eat them in the South! Ewwww....... But I will take a glass of champagne - haven't had any of that in years. How were the nachos?? Must be getting near to lunch time, as I'm focusing on food right now - lol!
    Actually, I had cheese quesadillos on Venice Beach instead of the nachos.

Name:  IMG_2071.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  33.3 KB
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Hey, all!!

I'm antsy to get back outside and get some more dirt under my fingernails but am "stuck" waiting on a phone call from the person who is processing hubby's retirement paperwork. He should have got his first check this month but that office is being so nit-picky that things are "still in the process". Now they want some paperwork that the court in MS should have but does NOT and the lawyer that started it is no longer in business. They can't deny him his due just because paperwork they want is not available to him and I'm ready to pull the "B" suit out of the closet if I have to!! Grrrr......... bureaucracy!!!!

TRISH - sounds like you had a really great weekend!! It's been years since I had a houseful rooting for and against each others favorites - miss those days!! Congrats on picking the winner - more money to spend on vaca Speaking of the Grand National, I happened to run across the old movie "National Velvet" and watched it last weekend - shamed to admit that I was in front of the TV cheering her on, even though I knew how the movie would turn out - I still got caught up in the excitement of the race - lol!! We don't have a "seaside" here (Salton Sea doesn't count as it's all dried up) just the ocean. I've always imagined that a seaside is much more relaxing than the oceanside??? I'm so happy that the IBS is gone and you are ready (and able) to have some fun in the Sun!!

I will tell hubby to remind me to take a picture of the next thing I make and if it looks good to you will send you the recipe.

OLD - I love that t-shirt! Where do you fine one? Online???

I thought your retaining wall was going to be between you and the new neighbors. Did I get the wrong impression or do you also have to add a fence there?

I SO understand your sentiments about USPS - I wish there was something I could do for you over here, as most of the time you have to get in somebody's face to get things done. PayPal does have a 180 day policy, last I checked, so in spite of it not being the seller's fault I think I'd contact PP at this point. You can't put a price on the emotional grief so you ought to at least get your purchase price and shipping back and let the seller take it up with USPS if he wants his money back.

BILL - Sunset on Venice Beach is as lovely as I remember!! When I was there back in the 70s it was a great place to go just to "people watch" - especially the body builders Quesadillas work for me! Where you off to next? I am grateful that I got to see a lot of places across the states before they became so "populated"! How many lanes wide is I-5 now? It was 6 lanes when I was there and do they still have those stupid little stop lights at the end of the On ramps?? I'm more "tied down" with having critters than I was when I had kids (just can't toss critters into the back seat like you can kids!) and I have to travel vicariously through others now, so send more pics!! LOL!!

Well, that heifer still hasn't called me back and I'm tired of waiting. I'll just take the phone outside and she can wait for me to get back to the office to discuss business since I've had to wait so long for her call.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31547)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    BILL - Sunset on Venice Beach is as lovely as I remember!! When I was there back in the 70s it was a great place to go just to "people watch" - especially the body builders Quesadillas work for me! Where you off to next? I am grateful that I got to see a lot of places across the states before they became so "populated"! How many lanes wide is I-5 now? It was 6 lanes when I was there and do they still have those stupid little stop lights at the end of the On ramps?? I'm more "tied down" with having critters than I was when I had kids (just can't toss critters into the back seat like you can kids!) and I have to travel vicariously through others now, so send more pics!! LOL!!
    Muscle Beach is as pretentious as ever.

Name:  musclebeach.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  60.6 KB

We are in LA for a week, then fly up to San Francisco where I have some work for a few days. Giving a seminar to other professors on how to teach on smartphones at Cal State Uni, East Bay. I hate using smartphones myself, but I have to do things to convince the authorities that they need to keep giving teaching contracts to this foreigner because of his technical skills.

Name:  IMG_2068.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  64.8 KB
    Last edited by billsstamps; 11th April 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Howdy all

Looks like a great working holiday you're having there Bill, & those quesadillos (had to google it) sound tasty. Think I'll give them a try!

I got a different Tee shirt from a site online called Teespring. I'm sure if you took that graphic, they would be able to produce it for you?
    Bound to be other garment printers who could/would also! Here's the one I got for Bro's birthday (& one for me)

You're probably right about P'pal shesa, but I have accepted it as my responsibility. I figure that once I paid for it & he had successfully shipped it, it then became my item, & USPS's risk to get it to me. I'm determined that "they" are gonna pay, one way or the other. After all, I did have insurance (useless as it is!)
    I've discovered I can make an online FBI report for mail theft/fraud, as it's a Federal offence, & that is my next step, very shortly!
    On a US guitar forum I'm a member of, a lot of the domestic members are saying to me that it could still arrive & that this is not unusual for USPS. Also lots of horror stories of "missing" mail & the dramas involved in dealing with them. One guy told me he had a successful claim, that took a year to process!

The retaining wall is only a short 4 meter section from the back corner, & the wooden fence will be attached to the side of that, & then stepped down & continue to the front boundary. I got the quote for my share yesterday & the job is booked in (more big $'s unfortunately)

Time for a choon! & drinkies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGSqqhhokE

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning. At Trish's request I'll be keeping an eye on you while she is away. So behave (if you can)

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

NO! I don't see why we should behave, Trish won't be!

Happy Easter all - take it easy on the chocolate!

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Old, I didn't specify how you should behave

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning

I always behave appropriately, its just that my appropriate may be a bit different to the norm
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Howdee! - from knee deep in chocolate!

Norm who? he's a good friend of mine!

Here's another Norm aka (Garry McDonald) & one of the funniest pieces of live Aussie TV, way back! IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2kSkurQFs

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are knee deep in chocolate, I am offering you my help to rescue you. Have a good day, or night,as the case may be

Thread Information