Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!

It was 90 degrees a little bit ago but that has gone down since the sun stopped shining directly on the thermometer - LOL!!

WYO - Great story - LMBO!!! One of the NICEST dates I ever had was with a guy from the local HA chapter. The only thing he would tell me so I could "dress right" was that the date would be casual and dressy, so I started out in jeans and we rode down to the Botanical Gardens in Cincinnati - he knew all the names of the plants and flowers and it was really amazing to me that this "rough biker dude" knew so much about horticulture! I had packed a small bag for the dressy part of the date and was a wee bit nervous when we pulled up in front of a big luxury (for that time period) hotel but I went into the public restroom and changed into my dress, did my hair, etc. and met him at the elevator. We rode all the way to the top floor for a very expensive dinner (no prices on the menu) in a revolving restaurant - awesome views of all of Cincinnati as we spun around. I changed back into jeans for the ride home and he walked me to my door, hugged me goodnight and I never saw him again. Within about a year I heard he had died of cancer It was a good lesson for me - never judge a book by it's cover! To this day (unless the hairs on the back of my neck stand up) I never judge someone by their first impression.

OLD - I don't feel sorry for Trump. I believe he knows exactly what he is doing - letting those who want things to remain the same (in their favor) make little "donkeys" out of themselves

Thanks for the pics of the bikes! Sounds like you had a good time with them stopping by. Good for you to start the rumor! The best way to get people to leave you alone is either to let them think you have powerful crazy friends, a huge stash of guns & ammo or that you are crazy yourself. Living alone in the woods for so many years, I've "put out the word" that all 3 apply to me - lol!!

Love your bar and I'll take that can of Pepsi, please I guess it's time to confess I'm a Pepsiholic - lol!!

Went shopping with hubby on Saturday and all went well until the next to last stop when I got a sharp pain in my lower back that went down into both legs. We were able to make the last stop after I sat for a while and let the MRs kick in. By the time we got home I was pretty sure it was a pinched nerve so I warmed my back on the heating pad and got on the inversion bed. That helped a lot but I'm still kinda taking it easy, so I'm sorting through old papers and ephemera I want to sell. The office looks like a tornado struck but I'm making progress!

Time to get back at it! Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hello everyone,
    I've been to the hospital today and after more tests and check ups - I have yet another thorn in my flesh - high blood pressure.
    I don't normally have high blood pressure, and now I have been told to see my GP asap and get it sorted.
    I don't know what to expect - will I have to have more meds?

Not been the best of days for me. My son phoned to say that he had to travel to Hampshire with his job, and the equipment needed wouldn't arrive until
    tomorrow, so he has to stay overnight. He was so worried about leaving his two little girls and Laura is continuing to be nasty and abusive towards him.
    He was very upset, which in turn upsets me greatly.
    He asked me if I could cope with having the two little ones Saturday until Sunday as he has a Disco booked Sat night (he is one helluva good DJ, I'm not biased, I'm very critical) - obviously I agreed.

Next thing - getting ready for hospital appointment - I couldn't find my four bridging teeth that cost me almost £700!
    I remembered that I had wrapped them in kitchen roll and stuffed them in my handbag the last time I wore them -
    it was after a meal out a couple of days ago and they were troubling me, my gums were sore.
    So, rather than turn up at the hospital with teeth missing, I had to wear the old teeth that I had, which has a palate, and I hate them!

Back from the 'orspickle I searched everywhere and couldn't find them.
    I sadly went upstairs to my office to check emails, and had to send out 3 birthday cards.
    I recently bought £80 worth of stamps (from eBid of course!) and no way could I find them!
    I searched and searched and threw out a lot of paperwork,

I decided that I must have binned them, they were in a plain envelope and I then had a brainwave - search through the rubbish!
    I did, I not only found my stamps but also found my teeth - oh joy! I must have thought it was a used screwed up tissue and binned them!

It has taught me a lesson to be more careful with throwing out stuff in the future.

Old - Oh, I'm swooning at those bikes (so is JR!) , love your bar and those fellers look like a real good fun-lovin' bunch!

Had to laugh at you spreading rumours about a Hells Angels chapter,
    you're lucky you didn't have a whole lot of rookie HA's turning up ready to join your new chapter!
    Cheers for the choons, and the drinks - maybe on Wednesday I shall be able to partake of something a little stronger!
    Here is a pic of my daughter Lucia on her racing bike at Brand's Hatch

WYO! You dark horse!
    You sure had fun! Oh boy, what a great experience you had, and like Old says, you could have ended up in the movies with T&T. I envy you living in Long beach, California - your weather in Wyoming isn't quite as desirable!
    Pleased to hear that you have had good weather recently, and I hope that your sales are doing well and little Princess O is keeping well.
    Hope that you have fully recovered from that wasp sting.

Shes - Happy Spring to you too!
    Just loved the tale of the date with the HA guy.
    Yes - you are spot on there "Never judge a book by it's cover".
    When we kept our Inn in St. Columb Major we had a bunch of leather clad bikers drop by.
    They were the nicest bunch of lads anyone could wish to meet, and they made our Inn their home -
    they liked me and JR and they liked the jukebox as well, as we had mostly heavy stuff on there!

I still have the lovely wall clock that they gave to us when we left - they had it inscribed to us 'with love from the St. Columb MAG'S'

Two of my 'boys' lost their lives through motorbike accidents - and they were so young, especially Keith Cowling - OKA 'Harry'
    Oh dear, sorry to hear about your back and leg pain. I sure hope that resting will do you a world of good.
    My office also looks like a tornado strike - I have to sort it all out pretty soon as I'm having a new heater fixed in there 29th - and there isn't enough room to swing a cat right now,
    I'm ashamed of all the stuff crammed in, but I know for sure that I won't be able to find anything if I tidy it up!

Right, I have typer's cramp - so I'm now going to get my dinner, it isn't shrivelled up for a change as it's only prawn salad and crusty bread.
    Here is a couple of choons for all biker chicks!
    Suzi - my heroine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFTksaposs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ZH...ZH6-gNnVw#t=38
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all - First the bad news!

If you want to avoid a potential problem, check out my feedback for a recent addition to my BBL.
    I believe this person rejoined with a new user name to get around my previous BBL about a year ago!
    A zero contact NPB & total timewaster!

Now onto lighter matters

Meebs, the leathers came off for the pix, as it was a hot day!

Shesa, from long experience, I can tell you the worst thing for bad backs is "the sitting position" especially in a vehicle.
    I once spent 2.5 years taking pain meds every 4 hours around the clock, just to get by! (this then causes other problems)
    Hope your pain settles down ASAP.

Trish, Glad you found the chompers & stamps I'll send Lucia's pic to Bro - he will be very jealous & a huge admirer for sure!
    I've been on blood pressure meds for years & it's perfectly under control.
    There were heaps of other bikers in & thru town last weekend. There was a big ride on somewhere & Bro's group were mistaken for part of it at one point.
    My favourite was the trike also. It is a 2008 model, but looked new. I guess he looks after it.

Pepsi is only any good, if its got a Bundy init -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTc98V2lUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpJTwa64boc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l482T0yNkeo

Turk (HA) took a trip to New Jersey one time and we took care of his 2 iguanas - Booby and Ruby while he was gone. I have lost track of my room mate of those years. She was a lot of fun. I can find her ex, but no trace of her. One of our Navy friends was hooked on Robitussin cough syrup back when it had codiene in it. My room mate liked to eat the old Kool Aid powder right out of the envelope and he asked her why one time, she told him the same reason he drank cough syrup. So we had him trying to get high on Kool Aid for about a week.

Just back from Pine, it is trying to rain but just sprinkles so far. Happy Spring!!!

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had sex on the beach today with my partner
    Name:  IMG_1120.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  45.4 KB
    It tasted disgusting
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Hey, y'all!!

Was getting ready to post here yesterday when I looked out at the sky and decided to go immediately out to feed, as there were ugly black clouds headed our direction. Got back in just as the first drops came and we got one "hail" of a storm! Pieces up to 3/4" and I've never seen any that big here. It took less than 5 minutes to cover the hill behind the house, looked like snow. Crazy!! Of course I had to blame it on hubby, as he had just washed my truck the day before

TRISH - so sorry to hear you've yet another health problem. But, if I were going through all the things you've been going through my BP would probably be high too!! I'd say they should monitor it a while before they want to give you more meds because you have been under a lot of stress but seems all doctors want to do these days is hand out more pills!!

Doctor Shes' Orders: put all the stressful stuff out of your mind and fill it with eager anticipation at being able to spend some time with your grand babies!! I can't think of a better diversion tactic (your mind DOES need a rest from thinking about problems!) than to spend your time playing with the kids. If they sense your stress, they are apt to act out like little hooligans which will only make matters worse.

Rummaging through the garbage - been there, done that more times than I'm willing to admit to! Glad you found the teeth and stamps! (toothless grin emoji here)

Awesome picture of Lucia! And what gorgeous eyes she has!! Have you been to actually see her ride yet??

How thoughtful of the St. Columb MAG'S to give you a parting gift! Was Lucia around during the time you had the Inn? Maybe that's where she got her penchant for racing??? Sorry you lost two of your "boys". I don't know how it is over there but here when there is an accident involving a bike, 99% of the time it is not the biker's fault but a 4-wheeler's for not paying attention! I had a small bike once that I'd intended to use to go to work (briefcase strapped on the back!) but after taking it to work one day and almost getting run off the road twice, I gave up on that idea.

My back is doing much better, but I haven't been over to the neighbor's in two days. Yes, I'm afraid that helping him get up and down from his chair or potty to his walker is what is causing the issues now. Hubby & I went over on Sunday so he could take all the firewood off the front porch to make room for them when they come to build his wheel chair ramp and I noticed some twinges in that same spot of my back when I was helping him get up to go outside. I hate that he is deteriorating to the point that walking will soon not be an option, but I think the ramp and chair can't get here soon enough for both of us, as he will have more "freedom" without fear of falling and I won't be helping him up and down as much. I just can't not go and visit/help, so I'll just have to deal with it for a bit longer.

Office Tornadoes & cats - I couldn't swing one in my office either and the big feller is mad at me because I won't even let him in the office and he loves to be in here when I'm working! I don't know how he managed to squeeze his fat 15 lb self between the columns of this doll house, but he did!!

Name:  100_2240 (640x474) (2).jpg
Views: 40
Size:  317.0 KB

Thanks for the Suzi choons - haven't heard her in a looong time!!

OLD - so sorry you had a "problem child" to deal with - on the plus side, it was 4 items so you got to vent 4 times

"the sitting position" I know, but it hurt too much to stand up and laying down was not an option. Well, I guess I could have layed in the bed of the truck, but it hadn't been washed yet

I'd prefer the Bundy in something tall and fruity - I'd say "that brings back memories of Mardi Gras in NOLA" but I honestly have nothing but pictures to prove I was there - lol!!!

WYO - so sad that you lost touch with your friend - sounds like you'd have a lot of fun remembering "the good old days". Can you try contacting her ex? I'd take a chance on being told to "buzz off".

I hope all you got was rain!

Hey, BILL!! Nice to see you here and thanks for the "warning". That's one drink I've never had the desire to try and I'm now grateful - lol!!

Off to make some sense out of this mess, at least enough so I can get some YDC things listed tomorrow.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

My sympathies to all those affected in the London terror attack

Trish, Bro is very impressed with the Brands Hatch pic - there's something about a good sort in leather! (& on a bike!)

Bill, what happened, did you get sand in it? - Should have stuffed a double Bundy init! It could be worse Bill (see recipe below) "Alien Urine Sample"

WYO - Booby & Ruby! - that breaks me up. hahahahaha! Reminds me of a friend who had about 45 pet possums, all with names - my favourites were "Pinky Nose" & "Panty Hose"

Shesa - no, I think hubby's in the clear - after 24 hrs. it doesn't count. Are you sure you hadn't just hosed the garden? Anyhow, as long as the hail wasn't horizontal, that's the main thing!

Here are the ingredients for Alien Urine Sample:

• 1/2 shot coconut rum
    • 1/2 shot melon liqueur
    • 1/2 shot banana liqueur
    • 1/2 peach schnapps
    • 2 shots sweet & sour juice
    • soda water
    • 1/2 shot blue curaçao

In a shaker fill with ice and add coconut rum, melon liqueur, banana liqueur, peach schnapps and sweet & sour mix. Shake it up really good to mix everything together. Pour everything into a tall glass, add a splash of soda water and blue curaçao. Enjoy!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIlYMPeA0sg

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

I popped in to see if you are looking after the lounge, seems like good job is being done!

Thanks to the concerned Cocktailer that sent me a PM to see if I am OK! Answer, yes I am Ok, just not on the PC much due to my health.

I had been spending too much time sitting and glaring at PC monitors from waking to sleeping and it was causing problems such as headaches and swollen lower legs (again)
    Things are under control now and I am feeling better for getting more active using my exersise machine and generally not sitting still for long periods.
    My vertigo seems to have gone now, so on Monday I went out for the first time for a long time, I was a bit unsteady at first but became more confident the further I went. I was determined to go down to the woods, there were no bears having a picnic but I could see some destruction caused by storm Doris last month. One huge tree that had been blown down had been cut up and moved but a large overturned stump has been left behind, that's excellent for the wildlife.
    Looking up I could see the remains of broken branches on a lot of the trees.
    I had noticed earlier this month when looking out of my kitchen window after storm Doris that a squirrel's nest had been blown away, I have also noticed a lack of squirrels in my garden.

I have seen all of my sons since I was last on here, but only once!
    Youngest lost his job when his six month contract expired, hence the visit. 2 other sons brought their babies for their birthday presents (born 10 days apart a year ago), oldest came after feeling guilty about not visiting.
    I suppose the next visit will be Easter!

Time to get off now, but first a choon from the late George Michael, singing at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.
    He would have been a great replacement for Freddie in Queen, but alas, it never happened.

I'll drop by soon, be good and look after yourselves.
    Last edited by Poscar; 23rd March 2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hi guys!

Does anyone know a homeopathic remedy on how to ease the pain of a broken toe/reduce bruising and swelling without meds?
    I have had yet another accident.

I heard the DPD delivery bloke knock. I was expecting him, so I dashed downstairs and caught my foot/toes in the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs.
    I did hear a crack.
    Now my whole foot has swollen and my toes have gone purple/blue and the pain is awful. I cannot bear to wear a slipper on my foot, let alone a shoe or boot.
    I have an ice pack under my foot at the moment, which is numbing the pain a little.

I'm no stranger to broken toes, I broke my little toe when I crashed into the table leg in the kitchen at the last pub we kept.
    Again, dashing about trying to cook lunches for customers and trying to cope with three little kiddies (all under school age!)
    Also, I snapped a tendon in my next to the little toe (other foot!) a few years ago - (long story).

Holy $hi*e - I had to abandon this message half an hour ago - I was attacked by a wasp/hornet or whatever.
    It was rather large, could have been a queen. Freaked me out, so I found the fly and wasp killer and sprayed my office - stunned the bugger and I was very brave and collected it in a pint glass and put cardboard over the top. It isn't dead, it's still crawling about.
    I will release it outside and hope it flies off to someone else's house!
    Name:  wasp 003.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  24.8 KB

Aww Old, what a pain in the derriere non paying bidders are.
    I haven't had too many in the 8 and a half years I've been on eBid, but it is disappointing when they mess you about.
    I'm pleased to hear that your bro liked the pic of Lu at Brands - I'll send you some more racing pics in due course.
    Oh boy - that Alien Urine Sample sounds absolutely deelish! When I have purchased the necessary ingredients I shall definitely try it - yum!

Wyo - laughed at the Iguana's names haa-haa!
    It would be great if you track down your old room mate - you could have fun together.
    Hope you get the rain you wanted, I expect that Wyoming wind dries out the soil, as it does here in Suffolk.

Now then Bill, is that you in the pic? Good grief, you have spent so much time over there you are beginning to look like a local!
    Must admit I'm not particularly fond of cocktails - but I do like a Mojito, Bloody Mary, Black Death, nothing too sugary or sweet.

Shes! We had a hail storm here yesterday! Not as bad as yours, but it was quite spectacular to see the hail bouncing off everything, it didn't last very long as rain followed.
    I have an appointment on Monday to get blood pressure sorted, I suppose it will be rather high after trying to look after the wee ones,
    and coping with a houseful of visitors as it's Mother's Day here in UK on Sunday and three of my five kids and their families are coming to stay.
    No way would I be stressed out with my grandchildren - I simply adore them so much, and they so love me back.
    Of course, I don't know if I will be able to dance with them as we usually do (they all love music, it's in their genes!) Just hope I can stop hobbling!

No, Lucia wasn't around when we kept the New Inn St. Columb, she was born in Cornwall at Treliske Hospital Truro in April 1986 and
    we left a short time after to keep the Park Tavern in Worcestershire.
    Yes, Lucia has the most beautiful eyes I've seen, she is a very pretty little girl, and so full of fun and ambition, bless her.

Glad to hear that your back is doing better, I would advise you to take it easy with lifting, but I know that no matter how much your back hurts you will continue to look after/care for your neighbour. Bless you xxx
    I also suffer with back pain, especially after looking after the kiddies - little Ava, whos isn't two yet, always wants me to pick her up and lifting the little ones into/out/onto/off the bath/toilet leaves me bent almost double.

LOL!!! Loved the pussy cat pic, what a handsome feller he is, for sure. LMBO at him in the dolly house!

POS!!!! Me duck!
    Sooo glad to hear from you, missed you terribly.
    Hurray - your vertigo has gone and you can get outdoors.
    Glad that you have seen your sons, lets hope that they visit/phone more often.
    Absolutely loved the George Michael/Queen vid - and I agree, he would have been a great replacement for Freddie.
    I miss your selections of choons to listen to - speakers are gathering dust!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Morning all!

Busy day yesterday with laundry, YDC sales and a visit to the neighbor - his daughter had taken the day off work to be with him so I had a nice visit with both of them. It was sunny & 75 - so nice to sit out on the porch in the sun for a while and just do nothing!

OLD - if the 24 hour rule applies, it's still his fault! He finished the truck about 5 pm one day and the storm came at 3:30 pm the next Some of the hail was horizontal but no damage to the truck - YEA! We were very lucky though, as in town it was much worse. My neighbor said his niece's car was just beat to heck and she had a lot of broken trim (fiberglass).

HEY, POS!! Great to see you! Have you been building your railway again? I too get headaches if I'm on the computer too much and my arthritis kicks in, so I try to sit for a bit, then get up and move around some.

I'm really glad your vertigo is gone and you are able to get outside. I need to take a day off and go walking in the woods - I tend to put it off, as it is always there. Sounds like Doris was a bad girl doing all that damage!

I'm SO happy that you got to see your sons and grandbabies. Is it wrong of me to say I'm glad at least one felt guilty??

TRISH - girl, don't you ever wear shoes?? You need to protect those poor tootsies!! Or slow down a little bit (says the pot to the kettle!) The only natural treatment I know of is White Willow to ease the pain, ice off and on for 15-20 minutes and keep the foot elevated (which you're probably not going to be able to do) But if the toe is deformed in any way, you need to go see a doctor - you don't want it to heal broken. If I have to go to ER, like with my sliced open had that wouldn't quit bleeding) I let them fix it but don't fill the scripts they give and use my herbs instead.

That "thing" looks like what we call a ground hornet - nasty little buggers!! If I had anything like that in my house, it would not have lived to tell the tale!

Hope all goes well with the doctor visit Monday - add pain from your toe to the mix and yea, you'll probably be over the top on your BP. I like this site for medical "advice" as they discuss both regular doctor procedures and natural medicine. http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...on-naturally#1

You're right about me back I have been trying to make sure I am more balanced and stable before trying to lift him and that seemed to help yesterday some

Well, I'm off to (hopefully) get my office set to rights again! I wanted to have it done before YDC but ran across two more crates of stuff to sort through but I think I've got it all sorted now and the junk trashed so all that remains is to put things back in place.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Thread Information