Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

G'day all

Just out of interest - Here's my Bro's ex geetar teacher playing in Brisvegas recently with his band Scatakite.
    Not bad for an old codger! & falling mic stands are no worries either!
    That's Bruce Stewart on geeter, his wife Colleen on bass & apologies for not knowing the drummers name.

Today's the Day crank her up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_BPffAlirs

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning

Good rifting in that vid Old!
    Love that style of music.

Sorry I've not been in here for a long time, not been too happy with my live-in-the-lounge son, and not been feeling very sociable.
    Hopefuly I shall get him moved out of here by the end of next week.
    I won't bore you with the details except to say that he has been very selfish with his money and so has no deposit for a flat.
    My oldest son has come to the rescue and will have him live in his house til February.

All the best to you all and I hope that you are all keeping as healthy and warm as possible.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hey Posbear, so good to hear from you, although your post is saddening.

I sure hope that soon you will be feeling a little more 'sociable' coz we all miss you, things ain't the same without you.
    (Especially as my speakers are gathering dust for the want of a jolly good blast out with one or two of your fine choices of the heavy stuff!)

Disappointed to hear that your son is being selfish with his money - you have done your fair share of helping him out, and it's good of your eldest to put him up soon.

I too have had issues with my son, but it's a different scenario because he has got a place to move into due to his marriage break-up.

He is struggling financially as the letting agencies want so much deposit up front and he still is paying the mortgage on the family home, plus his new home is unfurnished.
    We are all rallying round to help him out with the necessities, he got the keys on Monday this week, and has been gradually shifting his belongings into his new pad.
    So sad - never though for a moment that this could happen. He is coping well though, and looking forward to re-building his life.

Old - how are you coping with your summer heat? Must be odd having hot weather and barby's at Christmas time!
    It's unseasonably mild here in Suffolk, the plants don't know if they are coming or going! We have flowering roses, primroses, etc. and buds on the Magnolia and Camellia - when Jack Frost rears his ugly head they will suffer! (Ermm, so will I come to think of it, )
    Thanks for the link to Today's The day - great stuff!

Wyo, glad that you are doing fine with no more 'spells' and the snow didn't prevent you from getting your haircut.
    I absolutely detest getting my hair cut, I would rather have a tooth extraction.
    I have been everywhere from top salons like Toni & Guy to back street hairdressers - they all blerdy well scalp me!
    I always tell them that when my hair is wet it's long, but when it dries it curls up.
    Many times I have had to sellotape down and actually steam iron my fringe.
    I go for months hacking off pieces of hair that annoy me. Luckily for me because I have hair that wants to grow curly so not many folk know when I have had the scissors out.
    How did the solar lights turn out?

Shes, got good news today! Last bloods results came in today. They were OK, and I have been given three whole months before I have to give more samples! Yayyy!
    Oh, I soo laughed at the dang goat experience! My imagination went haywire! Did he end up in the freezer or has he been back ?
    Lol! I tittered at the thoughts of you doing the 'walk of shame' in slippers and robe .....
    Good on you gal for being such a caring neighbour, well done I say.

Ending with a rather comical thing that happened this evening.
    I opened a pack of Christmas savoury biscuits becuse they were shouting at me 'eat me' so I did.
    Then I thought oh geez, what to do with the rest of 'em to keep them fresh -
    so I hunted in the cupboards for a suitable airtight container and came across a biscuit barrel - hadn't been used for years and years.
    To my surprise there were savoury biscuits inside.
    I emptied them onto a plate intending to put them out for the birds later.
    JR came home from work, ravenous as usual, and did his usual 'plague of locusts' act and scoffed them!
    When I came down from my upstairs office, I noticed the empty plate and asked where the biscuits had gone, he admitted to eating them!
    OMG - they must have been three or four yeas old, if not longer!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Glad you guys liked the music

Pos - hopefully his older Bro will set him straight or at least have an influence in that direction.
    Bad time of year for anybody to be seeking new digs & the rental deposits are outrageous down here as well.

BBQ's at the beach over Christmas are very normal down here - we don't know any other way!
    Had 38c here last week, but now it has got back down to "only" 31c - I'll be back in Ugg boots 'n cardies soon
    At least the bad storms are over - for now.

I'll be having Christmas (vegan lunch) at my nieces place & get to meet the new baby - don't know how they're gonna sculpt vegetables into the shape of a turkey

I'm off over-nighting shortly to a friends place at Caloundra (a beach town) We'll have a few Chrissy drinks & swap gifts etc. So see you when I get back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK-KizDipAM

How I wish I was paddling in the sea on that beach Old - I wouldn't go in much further than up to my knees (which ain't far lol!)
    I'm too scared of Great Whites, I guess I have watched/read about too many shark attacks for my own good!
    Have a wonderful time at Caloundra, and when you get to your nieces place for Christmas don't forget to have your pic taken with the new little one.
    As for sculpting veggies into a turkey ..... easy peasy!

Yum!

Now then, we have a birthday - our dearly loved Posbear should be celebrating his special day.

Raise your glasses ladies and gentlemen, we shall raise a toast to the cuddly bear!

Happy Birthday Graham x
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love those turkeys and the beach ain't bad either

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning

I got to see all four grandchildren yesterday which made me very happy.
    I felt a bit unhappy with my youngest (live-in) son. He got up for work and went out, came home at 10pm after work and not a mention of my birthday, not even a 'Happy Birthday. Dad'

He is moving out on Christmas Eve, so hopefully I can get back to my own life again. It means that I won't be on shifts any more and can use my PC at a proper volume in the mornings again.
    He is asleep behind me right now, I sneeked in to leave a couple of messages, back to my bedroom now to have a cuppa and play on my old PC that has no internet and switches itself off and back on again at random times!
    I'll come back on after he goes to work and play a choon or two
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Shes baaaaack! LOL!! I've been around but not typing much - 3rd time in a month I've hurt my left hand! This time slicing up some meat for Stroganoff and caught the knuckle, which had to be taped tight to keep it from breaking open every time I bent the finger. Typing is most frustrating!!

OLD - if my uncle ever did get his "dunny kicked down" I'm sure he told no one! LOL!! Great video - loved that he didn't miss a beat when the mic fell!!

Christmas at the beach, huh??? I'm trying to imagine what it feels like to be warmed again by the sun - not very successfully, though

Yes! Please do share a picture of you and the baby! Make sure you are dressed this time!! LOL!!!

WYO - If the chicken was reduced to eating dog poo, it must have starved to death?? I've never seen my chickens eat poo.

I'm glad there have been no more "spells" to report. I totally understand not wanting to get tangled up in a change of management at the Dr. office. Been there, done that - it was a mess! I finally gave up my doctor of 15 years and went to another one. I do miss her but am seeing a FNP now and am very satisfied with the care and don't miss the negativity at the old clinic due to the changes. I hope it will all work well for you!

How did the hair cut go??

Did you get one of those lights that make it look like your house is covered with lights?? Can't think what they are called. I thought about getting one but for what they cost and as close to the road as I am, I probably wouldn't have it for long

POSCAR - Happy Belated Birthday!! I just don't know about kids these days - as a parent you do your best to raise them well, with good morals and values but it seems once they get out on their own, they change and forget. My sons have barely spoke to me the past 17 years - seems they cared more abut their step-dad's money than my safety, oh, well..... I am glad that you get to spend time with your grandkids and in a few short days, you'll have your house back to your self again!

TRISH - you've had your share of "son problems" too and I'm sure it will take a while for him to get through the "mess" but at least he is looking forward to re-building his life. It is a shame that things didn't work out for him but the best thing one can do is to accept what can't be changed and move forward.

You sound like me about your hair!! Even long as it is, it gets kinky when it dries and I swear it's gotten worse as I've got older. If I ever cut it short again, I'd probably look like I had a 70s afro!! I finally found a barber who gave it a decent trim. Really tired of paying beauty shop prices and coming home to find I have to "fix" what they missed

SO GLAD to hear your blood work came back okay!!! 3 whole months without feeling like a pincushion!

I imagine that old goat is in the freezer - haven't seen it around or heard any more gunfire since about 2 days after he ran me up on the porch.

My neighbor has a friend up from AL to stay with him for a few weeks, so no more "walk of shame" for me - lol! I was over a second time (in robe & slippers) and when I got there, the sausage on the stove was just about ready to catch fire and I had to call the EMTs and have them take him to the ER, as his ear was bleeding badly and I couldn't get it stopped. I don't know what he is going to do when she has to go back home, as he needs 24/7 supervision. I understand him not wanting to go to a nursing home but living alone just isn't safe for him any more, none of his family will step up and take him in but I can pretty much bet that if he does go to a nursing home several of them will be fighting over who gets to live in his house!

It's about time to go chop ice so the critters can drink...

Y'all take care!

Shes

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hiya all

Hope everyones world gets back to normal soon!
    Those turkey pix were great & I passed them on to Bro, so he can get an idea of what to expect on Chrissy day!
    I'll probably have a couple of chicken burgers in my pocket - just in case

Yep, that beach is OK (average, for around here) you'll notice the shark proof section of beach in the bottom left corner where the 2 girls are in the water - see the red bouys holding the shark netting - swim outside that & you risk being lunch

Wonder what goat would be like for Christmas lunch

Here's a couple of Aussie chrissy choons to be going on with - think the Kelpie & Skippy in the first one aren't well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnJ8..._g13tbAuRZ5daN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bHx..._g13tbAuRZ5daN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zTh...RZ5daN&index=4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJFH...RZ5daN&index=8

Have a great Christmas & New Year's everybody! - see ya on the other side!

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Funny choons there Allen!
    Have a good time with the veggies

Shesa, I love reading your posts, keep them coming

Trish, I have a video message for you.. https://youtu.be/KVdEjWrRvW4

Some music for you to clean the dust off yer speakers.. http://tarjaturunen.com/videos/#

Time for bed now,

G'night
    Graham

Thread Information