Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Beautiful English...

I called an old school friend and asked what he was doing. He replied that he was working on

"Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium and steel under a constrained environment."

I was impressed...

On further inquiring, I learned that he was washing dishes with hot water .......under his wife's supervision.

I love that. And I am going to pinch it to share
    Last edited by meebo1; 27th November 2016 at 05:11 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Beautiful English...

I called an old school friend and asked what he was doing. He replied that he was working on

"Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium and steel under a constrained environment."

I was impressed...

On further inquiring, I learned that he was washing dishes with hot water .......under his wife's supervision.

I love that. And I am going to pinch it to share
    No worries - that's what I did.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    A good day. Took one of my children to IKEA to buy stuff for their new flat, and used a 15% off voucher to make £102 cost £87. Really cold weather so drank some of my blackberry wine with a slug of cheap Port when I got home. You know what they say, Any port in a storm.
    Great to hear from you Bill - not a bad discount there! - better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, in any event.

The father of a school mate of mine makes his own Mulberry wine & only drinks the 10 year old stuff - fortunately, he has a continuous supply!
    He let me have a try once - MAN was that nice gear - I woke up next morning with a raw tongue!

Me old Mum used to make Mulberry pie when we were kids (I can still taste it) nothing better, with a big dollop of whipped cream on top. Yum!

Hello everyone - oh boy, I'm whacked!
    Had the family here all weekend, and we stayed up really late Saturday evening playing card games (and drinking) and I woke up next morning with a horrendous hangover.
    Everyone decided to go to the beach on Sunday, so I got dragged in as well.
    Man, it was freezing cold, the wind was ripping into me, yet the youngsters loved it.
    We went to Aldeburgh (quaint place, google it) and I was sooo pleased when it was agreed that we would go to a pub for a drink and to warm up.
    Later, we all went for a meal, I struggled to eat my steak dinner as it wasn't lean enough - had gristle in it (ugh!)
    Teagan mentioned it to the waitress and I was given a ridiculously large ice cream sundae as a way of apology. I pecked at it but I think I was too tired to eat, all I wanted was to go home and lie down and rest my old weary bones!

Yesterday I tried to catch up on my relists (100's of 'em!) get the YDC items sorted out and packed off, plus do my banking, which had been neglected for a while. Also tried to restore the house to a tidier condition, bedding and bottles everywhere!

Today, I have had the two smallest granddaughters - Isla (aged 3) She is a total livewire and Ava ( aged 18 and a half months) is into everything. You just cannot take your eyes off her for 60 seconds. Dominic came here straight from work to collect them and I have cooked them all their meals this evening and I was so very glad when he took them back home. He isn't staying with us tonight, he is shacking up with a mate. He doesn't move into his new pad 'till 12th Dec.
    I'm too physically and emotionally drained to say anymore -
    I will catch up with posts tomorrow, all being well.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Sure sounds like a big weekend there Trish - you may need a "hair of the dog" & a big sleep.

I would have been heading to the fish 'n chippy in Aldeburgh, if all reports are accurate, plenty of beach there to muck around on by the looks

We are in for a spell of warm weather late in the week & over next weekend. Only s'posed to be 35C today, but building to 40-41C on Sat/Sun.
    Only problem is, that this usually means we could be in for bad electrical thunder storms & severe hail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8XcMG1EX4

BTW - Crowded House have just done a televised second live "final" concert, on the steps of the Sydney Opera House 20 years after their first.
    Great show - huge crowd - they've still got it Show finished with a large fireworks display.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Yes well - I was right - we had a "nice" storm yesterday arvo, although I only got 20mm of rain out of it.
    I'm not complaining mind you - I fancy I heard the orchids & grass sigh with relief - & it did put some very welcome runny stuff back in the tanks.
    Some parts got nasty lightning & hail (I missed that mostly) & in Brisbane, one woman was struck by lightning (is in hospital) & 2 school kids were hit by a falling tree branch, with a 13 year old boy trapped with a broken leg under it for about an hour. BTW - NEVER shelter under a tree during a storm for this very reason!
    We are most likely in for more of the same for the rest of the week/weekend
    On the positive side, I did manage to photograph a rare double (full) rainbow, outside my front door just as the rain was finishing. Very bright it was too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXeh9TxJFtE

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fantastic photos, here the temps are below 0*C, but then we are now in December. We shouldn't expect anything else.

Mornin' everybody!

TRISH - I hope you are rested up! I got tired just reading about all you did over the weekend!! When you have some energy for laughing, remind me to tell you about the "run in" I had with a goat last week!! I wish I had 100's or relists to do but have had very little time to work on getting more listed. I've got 8 large totes of items sitting in the living room that are ready to list - can't wait to get them done and out of the house.

OLD - the pictures are beautiful!!

We've finally had some rain here YEA!!!!! 2 days of it - or rather nights. I was lucky enough to get the outside chores done before the rain started both days. The first, it just poured buckets and the second it got heavy with thunder and lightning. There were 72 tornadoes here in the south with 2 deaths in TN and 3 in AL. And unfortunately, the frontal winds spread the wildfires in East TN and there wasn't enough rain to help put them out.

Made it through my first YDC without too much confusion - sold 2 of my 3 items! I need to get some really light weight items so shipping isn't so high for international. Need to "test" the local PO to see if they can handle international shipping. Called there last week to ask some questions and they knew NOTHING about it.

I spent most of Tuesday over at my neighbor's. He has ALS (Lou Gherig's) and is having a very difficult time dealing with it as changes are occurring very rapidly. The doctor wants him in a nursing home for 24 hour supervision but he won't go. He falls all the time and should not be alone. I met his nurse that comes once a week and his physical therapist that comes in twice. Am going over on Friday when his PT comes back so he can teach me the therapy routine and I can help him through it more often than 2 times a week. The process for health insurance to approve more in-home care is ridiculously slow. I think they drag it out, hoping the patient will pass and they won't have to pay for any care. Sorry, I'm ranting here - just very sad and frustrated over the situation!!

Yesterday I got ALL the housework and laundry caught up - YEA!!!!!

Off to pay bills and make phone calls....

Y'all Have a wonderful day!!

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Got zapped again by another storm late yesterday afternoon & evening - a real doozy!
    I'd call it cyclonic category 3 tending to 4? At one point, I saw one of my plastic plant pots blown away down the road, after the plant fell over.
    Small hail (fortunately) & the lightning show was unbelievable Got 40mm of rain out of it & the tanks are overflowing.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...ub356WoN8sN3YA

Right now it's.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrF8uC92O4

I think I need a nerve settler! - a BIG one!

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 3rd December 2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added link

Time flies when you are having fun - ha ha ha.

It has been cold here for about a week. Snow on Friday, but it didn't amount to much. Big storm predicted for Tuesday with probably a beginning on Monday, so I guess I'd better go to town tomorrow for groceries.

2 work day week again, gearing up for the holidays.

Liz was here Thursday and ran home for an errand, taking the pickup. When she came back she said to me "Do you know there is a dead chicken in your yard?". The neighbors chickens are always in my yard and I don't care, but how dare they die here? So, I called and left a message that I had a dead chicken and I thought it was theirs. Today, still there, so we took it over and put it in front of their gate today, they were at church. They are home now, and it's still there.

Old - for you that's a chook.

We put up some clothes line in the sun porch and I think we have improved the photo potential of the room. We have been taking pictures there for quite some time, but always have to rearrange with the seasons as it is on the south side of the house. Still some work to do as of course, with rearranging some dirt showed up. We used the vacuum, but the mop is needed. Did get some spiders abandoned webs while the vacuum was out.

I had a Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman knock on my door yesterday. I didn't let him in. There hasn't been a door to door salesman around here in a coon's age. I talked to my friend across town and he gave her a demo, so he was legit, but I'm still not letting strange men in. My neighbor across the street, always asks if he scared me when he comes over after dark. He is a big man and if I didn't know him, I might be scared. I made some bread pudding this week and sent him home with some.

I cooked some chicken, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and penne pasta in my crock pot this week. Yummy! There's leftovers if y'all want to come over. It's better the second time around.

I hope Trish you are taking a little bit easy. You must take care of yourself as we would all miss you terribly if you had to go back to the hospital. Besides it's no fun there. Nice to see Bill, Old, and Books. Meebo too. If I missed you it's old age not snobbery. I read your notes on my Kindle every morning right after I check my e-mail but I hate typing on that thing, so I don't answer.

Shes, I don't have a block heater on the truck, but I sure know what you are talking about. Since I am semi-retired, I just wait for it to warm up before I go out. My driveway is on the East side of the house and sheltered too. The car of course is in the garage.

Old, sometimes we have double rainbows here too, but your pictures are great. I don't know if I could do that well.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 4th December 2016 at 12:42 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information