eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Da duh ta dar dar da daarrr! Here she is folks! - I'm afishally a Grand Uncle

Born by C- section (long story) at 5.20 pm 13/9/16 weighing 4.17 kgs. Brody Artemis Hutchison-Marsh.
    "Artemis" is the Greek Goddess of the hunt (Roman equivalent = Diana)

Mother & daughter doing fine - Father looks frazzled
    Coincidentally, Brody was 1 gram lighter than her Mother at birth, & both were 5 days overdue!

Naturally Bro & Sil are over the Moon & can't wait to get their hands on her!

Welcome to the world, little Brody!

Wow! Congratulations Old! What a fine weight she was - aww, she is just gorgeous, so cuddly. (I've gone all broody now!)
    Love her name, most impressive, sounds very well-to-do!
    Glad that mum and babe are doing well, as for dad looking frazzled - after a couple of weeks of caring for a new baby without much sleep, he sure will be frazzled!
    This calls for a toast ..... cheers!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

CONGRATULATIONS Grand Uncle Old!! She's a beauty!! Glad all went well and I agree with Trish - give Dad a couple of weeks and he will know the true meaning of "frazzled"!

Trish - Yes, time does heal and let's hope that they remain on good terms for the sake of the kiddos!

The Guinea is still here so evidently the injuries weren't too serious.

Good Grief!! I thought I was the only one who would do something like pour water into the sugar bowl - LMBO!

We're getting a nice gentle rain today - supposed to stop at 4:45 pm which is convenient as I usually feed the critters about 5 pm. In the meantime, I'm considering a nice nap

Put your knife & fork away - here's your homemade Apple Pie. We'll pass it around and toast the new baby!!

Name:  100_3645 (292x500).jpg
Views: 47
Size:  174.8 KB

Well Shes, that's the strangest lookin' apple pie I ever did see!
    Hang on ... I'll fetch my glass .... fill it up hun, looks like a pretty good brew to me!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I never did get my nap - decided to do some catching up on facebook and now it's 4:30 and the rain is stopping - first time they have ever been accurate!

The Apple Pie is homemade - want the recipe? It really does taste like Apple pie and goes down so smooth but will kick your butt if you stand up too fast!

I'm drinking a Loca Moca right now - need to work up the energy to go feed.

Y'all take care!

Shes

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all & thanks for the congrats!
    Bro had a scotch & I had an extra rumbo last night (just to wet the babes head you understand)
    That "apple pie" recipe sure could come in handy 'round here Shesa - Cheers!
    Sounds like just the ticket
    I'm off to my lapidary clubs 50th anniversary dinner celebrations a bit later - so the day will be a long one, as it's an hour & a half drive each way.
    Catch up later - ciao 4 now!

Howdy folks, it's been a lovely day here in sunny Suffolk, I am pleased with my gardening work - weeding and planting spring flowering bulbs.
    I cannot believe how mild the weather has been lately, for this time of the year.
    It has caused strawberry plants to produce fruits, (I picked and ate three today) - there is blossom on the lemon and apple trees, roses are blooming away - it's weird!
    When frosts do arrive it will be a shock to them all!

Shes - you just have to give us the recipe for that home-made 'apple pie'!
    Hope you managed to get all the chores done when the rain stopped.

Old, hope you had a good time at the lapidary club - no stones unturned for you then, mate?!! (groan)

Now then, I have some music for you - not the usual kind of thing that I post.
    Listen to these selections: (You have to hear the first one all the way through, please don't diss it after a few minutes - it'll do ya good to get an earful of the classics!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6sgT_QNWg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY3SfhNtkMM
    Spot anything? (answers on a postcard)!

I absolutely loved (and still do) the first piece of music in my list, I played it over and over - so much so that my now deceased little cockatiel Winthy used to whistle the bar sequence ' Da da dadda da da da da dah'!
    Ok. I'll get me coat .......
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi all - had a great time at the 50th party & all went well. A credit to the organizers.

Trish my postcard answer = "Plagiarism is basic to all culture" (Pete Seeger)

Choon time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vngrRi-OGno
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObugTPNzYk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_H...0KPlF&index=15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9f0...pIBoe&index=15

Got to go to my favorite Thrift Shop yesterday - found 5 100% wool sweaters to make felted dryer balls, a nice floor length bathrobe that zips up the front (no more gaping open when I stand up!) a really cool rustic wood/metal coat rack to hang on the wall for coveralls and chore jackets by the back door and some other little odds and ends - spent $12!!

Old - glad you had a good time at your party. Have you come down off the "baby high" yet??

Trish - the weather here has been very nice - clematis and now lilies re-blooming here - it's crazy but I'm not complaining as I still have lots to do outside, including planting the new mum and spring flowering bulbs that I found - all half price

The rain did stop but as soon as I got out to do chores it started back up again - should have taken a bar of soap and got my shower in too!

As much as I'm still feeling - what was it? Apathetic, lethargic & lazy? I have to go work in the kitchen on that floor. Thursday night it will get down to 31 and the house plants have to be in for sure!

Y'all are in luck, as I just ran across the recipe the other day:

1 gallon apple cider
    1 gallon apple juice
    2 cups sugar (I use brown sugar - tastes better!)
    4 cinnamon sticks

Put this all in a pot and bring it to a boil so the cinnamon sticks release their flavor. After it cools, add 1 quart moonshine or what ever proof grain alcohol you can buy if you don't have a "shine connection"

Thread Information