My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Had never heard of a "Strangler Fig" until Old posted his pictures the other day but this morning I ran across a news article that included a Strangler Fig in FL:

http://www.naturalnews.com/055491_tr...nny_state.html

Sounds like a very sturdy tree if it has supported a house all these years!!

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all
    We've had a couple of good storms here of late & I managed to get about 33mm of rain in the tanks, which was very welcome.
    Our summer temps are starting, with 28c the max today. I think we're in for a hot season this year.
    I'm about to become an Uncle! it's due on Saturday (in Sydney) & is my eldest nieces' first child, Bro & Sil's first grandie & is a girl. The little troublemaker was upside down (no jokes about downunder pleaze) but has been convinced to turn right way up - Yeah
    (Whoops - that should have read Grand Uncle, however, I'd prefer to be known as a great Uncle)

I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead starting with my steel guitar club social this Sunday, here's one tune I'll be playing that I've copied from an original of "The Dillards" Written by Rodney Dillard & is called "Cold Trailin' "
    You may remember these guys from the old Andy Griffith show where they were called "The Darlings" (Andy was a big fan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHv1lz433o

Anyone for breakky?

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 5th October 2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added line correction

Howdy folks!
    My, not much going on in the cocktail and music lounge at all - where is everyone?

I have been kept busy with one thing or another, especially looking after the two little ones ...... very sad to announce that their mum and dad are splitting up.
    My son is gutted to say the least, but all I can do is offer support and lots of love ......

Changing the subject completely (and swiftly) I hope our Sues is OK with Matthew's approach to the Carolina's --- hey Sues, drop by and let us know how you are, please.

Hey Old - congrats on becoming or about to be an Uncle, I'm sure that you will be one helluva great uncle! Do send us a pic when you can (I'm besotted with little 'uns!)
    Does she have a name yet?
    Good luck with your steel guitar club, sock it to 'em son!

Wyo, save some chicken and noodles for us guys and congrats on your sales, your handiwork is amazing - well done you, we should have a toast to all the good news we are hearing!
    (Here we go again, any excuse for a few drinks ....)

Shes, how ya doin'? Hopefully no more snakes trying to sneak onto your property, and how is the flooring coming along?

I'm being called now so I have to go ...
    speak soon, xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all - I'm baaack Not been away, just slack, & with nothin' to say!

Sorry to hear your news Trish - very sad & tough, especially when little kiddies are concerned.

No news on the bubba front here yet - I think she's got a good hold of some of the internals & isn't about to let go!
    They're gonna have to take my niece jogging or sumtink

Bluffed my way thru the Steel geetar social again & ended up not playing "Cold Trailin' " but did this instead (amongst others) Think Speedy Gonzales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CVMLs5hz8

Recently got a copy of this great album of Adam Harvey's - some terrific "bar" music on here, including this old Oz rock favorite of Mental as Anything called "The Nips are Getting Bigger" - I can relate to this very well
    This album contains some of the best muso's in Oz, including some I've met like Michel Rose (Pedal Steel), Stewart French (Lead Guitar) & Hugh Curtis (Fiddle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Q66-_gXE0

How's everybody else goin' out there! A Nip of Rum for Ya'll

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Sorry I've been absent, been hibernating cos of the weather but the sunshine today has woken me up

Trish, sorry to hear of the family break-up.
    I wish my son (Mikey's Dad) and his partner would make their minds up one way or the other, they seem to be one of those couples.. can't live with you, can't live without you!

It's very quet on the forums these days, and on the selling side.
    I sold one German postcard to a man from Germany. Coals to Newcastle
    But I still have 1,211 unsold items
    I've been making and stocking 2 websites since I was last here in a bid to sell my stock.

Looks like I've got another month with my youngest camping out here, so ne end to my 'shift work' hours just yet.

Now then, lets have a bit of a classy rockin choon..

Keep safe and warm folks
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hello everyone, good to see a couple of posts here, I thought I was all on me tod in the lounge!

I have checked in nursing a couple of minor injuries - I made a great big dish of cottage pie (I like to freeze it down into portions for ready meals when hungry kids arrive!)
    I sharpened a knife to cut the onions - oops! Knife slipped and I got a wound that will not stop bleeding. Wrapped a bandage around it whilst I got on with other things.
    All was ok until I got it out from the oven (I like to brown it with a crunchy topping) and I burnt myself, coz I used a teatowel to remove it instead of oven gloves - serves me right for always trying to do things in a hurry. Got a couple of fine blisters on my thumb and forefinger.

More sad news .... my little Cockatiel has died. We bought him in Florida as a baby chick and hand reared him. He has had a good innings, he was very old, about 24, coming up to 25. The house is awfully quiet now, he was such a chatterbox and brilliant guard bird - always went doolally when JR came home from work and his car passed the house.
    He has been buried next to Kaiser, with full military honours.
    Name:  winthy 006.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  120.4 KBName:  winthy 002.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  48.0 KB

R.I.P. Wing Commander Winthrop (Winthy).

Hey Old, any news on the new baby yet? Loved the Si Senor choon and vid, oh - and thanks for the rum!

Pos me duck, glad you have come out of hibernation, we all miss you!
    Yes, forums are very quiet, I so miss all the funny banter.
    My son is house hunting, he went to look at one yesterday (only to rent) but it wasn't up to much for the money they wanted. So sad that things have ended like this for him.... gulp ...
    Always over the moon to hear Tarja ... brilliant choice.

Anyone up for a stiff one? I know I am ...... lol!!

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day Pos 'n Trish - glad to see a couple of us lounge lizards back Thanks for the JD
    P.S. as of last night, my niece was admitted due to high blood pressure concerns & was about to be induced - won't be long now!

Sorry you lost your little birdie there Trish, always a sad occasion BUT Wow nearly 25 - OMG that's amazing.
    According to wiki. 10 - 14 years is their limit, in the wild.
    Never seen any 'round here (yet) but I have lots of Corella, Rainbow lorikeet & Pale- headed Rosella's (less off)

A mate of mine is talking about buying a banjo - so I've told him this is the first one he has to learn! (& jolly good luck)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8rUZfQJjPY

Anyone for a "Sex on the Beach" (I've got the beach)

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 12th October 2016 at 10:17 PM.

Congrats Old on the new baby! Has she arrived yet??? I'm happy to report that I'm not a Great or Grand anything yet. My granddaughter is a Senior in college and my oldest niece & nephew are out of college and pursuing careers.

Trish - Terribly sad (especially for the little ones) that another marriage has fallen apart. That's why I'm so glad my youngns are getting themselves settled before marriage and babies.

I'm so sorry that you lost your cockatiel - they are great little bird companions!!

I think you need to stay out of the kitchen! LOL!!!

I see some "stiff drinks" have been offered so I'll send this:

Name:  Group Hug.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  97.7 KB

No more snakes but I think I had an owl out here the other night - one of my guineas lost quite a few feathers and is limping badly.

The flooring is at a stand still - my biorhythms are a total of 5% today and the calculator is saying "This is not your day. Do not attempt anything of importance ..... you may feel lazy, apathetic and unmotivated." It's amazing how accurate that thing is - the only thing I have going for me is "Intuition" and it's telling me to keep my butt in the chair today - so I get to "Lurk" on the forums today!

Pos - I hear ya on the "shift work hours"! I recently acquired a man in my house and after living alone for 17 years that was enough of a change. Then he got a job working 2nd shift and it's been even crazier - but he's a good man (known him since high school) and I think I'll keep him around

Well, better go "lurk" somewhere else - haven't been to Facebook in ages. I'd send y'all some homemade Apple Pie but I'm too lazy & apathetic to go take a picture

Shes

Now then Shes, if you have homemade apple pie - you just have to share! OMG, I can smell it from here
    Sad to hear that one of your guineas lost feathers and is limping - sure hope that he/she recovers fully after the owl ordeal.
    Yes, awfully painful ordeal with my son and his wife, she wants out and there is nothing he can do about it, he has tried to no avail.
    They say time heals - let's hope so.
    Happy to report that I have got through the day without accident, although I absentmindedly poured boiling water into the sugar bowl instead of my cuppa - my excuse is I was reading my mail and very engrossed, so I'm forgiven I hope.

Buttons, I remember you posting that your little cockatiel had died, I remember you saying how upset Mike was. I have no plans on replacing mine, I set JR onto thoroughly cleaning out his cage and then I will put it all back in the box that it came in and flog it.

Ooh Old - your niece is being induced? Crikey - gimmee a cigar, I want to pace up and down and await the birth news! How exciting. I do so love babies.
    JR's best friend (and Godfather to Teagan) Eric plays banjo rather well - and duelling Banjo's is a terrific choon, but hardly a starter piece for your mate!
    Oh, and count me in for the Sex On The Beach - love it .....
    (and the cocktail)
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information