eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Greetings

I can't believe it's a week since I last posted on here!

I hope Trish is Ok, she is unusually quiet in the forums.

I said last time that I was getting better, wrong!
    I went back to coughing again and had to get some more meds, this time I hope to get fully cured.

Hmmm, fully cured sounds like BACON!

I've been busy listing postcards, 704 at the moment.
    I now have over 1000 items in 3 eBid stores.
    Sales are non-existant though.

I think we need some lively music from an up and coming Canadian group..

https://youtu.be/YumupTR7M1Q

https://youtu.be/mRxBiESHmxg

Have a great day
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Howdy all - sorry to hear you're still crook Graham - finish those antibiotics now won't you!
    Yes its been very quiet 'round here - BUT I've bin busy - It was a dirty job, but SOMEBODY had to do it

As you can see, my empty bottle & can display wall is coming along - hic! I think I'm going to have to add more bottle shelf space (somewhere?)
    Bro & Co. were here lately & he said he wasn't interested in these - BUT was more into the full ones in the bar cabinet

We are 1 week away from spring & the weather is fantastic today. Had a little wind & rain last couple of days, but no biggie!
    Hope everyone is on the mend

Here's a choon & drinkies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8D4T--0v4

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Nice display Old, I agree with your Bro, the other set of cans wold be more interesting, but not til I've completed taking all of my meds!
    Since I moved to my little hobbit-hole, my eldest son bought me an expensive Malt Whisky on my birthday and on another on father's day.
    I've been keeping the empty bottles and tins (2 so far), I need at least another 10 to fill the shelf, so I need to last another 10 years.
    Then I'll put up a second shelf

Still no word from Trish, I hope she's getting looked after.

Maybe a song from the Staffy crooner might cheer her up.

and a nice cuppa too.

Have a great day
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hello - ooh I thought I could hear me darling duck Robbie!

Many thanks for the drinks, all muchly appreciated here!

It hasn't been a good week for me at all.

We have a very distressing, totally unexpected family crisis (Posbear, you may have an inkling as to what I mean) - which has led to me having to care for the grandchildren quite a lot, and I haven't really been well enough to cope with all the mental and physical stress of it all.
    I'm so worn out, and sinking into depression - which isn't my scene at all, I can't sleep yet I'm so tired.
    The worrying has bought on a bad attack of IBS cramps, and as I never do anything by halves, I'm finding it difficult to walk without a sharp pain in my hip and down my right leg, which sometimes gives in on me and causes me to almost fall down. (No, it's NOT booze!)
    Ole JR reckons it's sciatica, probably bought on with lifting and carrying the little ones.
    (Actually, I think I'm being punished for all my wicked deeds during my younger, wild life .. LMAO!!! )

Posbear, me duck - please be sure to get the right treatment for your pneumonia and prolonged coughing.
    The longer it goes on the more damage you can do to your lungs, which could eventually result in coughing up copious amounts of blood, as I did - and that is really scary. Are you on Co- amoxiclav? (Amoxicillin didn't help me at all). Is your son OK?

Really love the bar pics Old, I shall be making a note in my diary to come over and help you fill up those shelves with empties .... wouldn't take very long, I can assure you!)

Your most gracious Majesty Ma'am - so honoured that you found time in your busy schedule to send the link to the streak - lol!
    Sure made me chuckle!

Mel, me duck, thanks for the music and also the surprise package. (Great choons on the CD you sent)
    Just loved the funny Les Dawson card .... ha-haa! What a really smashing bloke he was!
    I met him at Jollees night club in Longton in the green room when my JR was on the bill with Jerry Orbison Grant -
    Les was soo funnee! He made me laugh so much!

Burgy, hope the weight gaining campaign is working for you, it's awful having to hide skinny arms -
    I'm not having much luck, still need to gain a stone to get back to my original weight of 8st. 7lbs.

Wyo, I do hope that Princess O has made a full recovery, and the weather is kind to you for all the jobs that you need to do.
    No sign of fall here, it's extremely sunny, very hot and no wind, which is a change for us here - I'm having difficulty with breathing -
    maybe I should take a trip to the coast to breathe in some fresh sea air!

Buttons - you OK? How's things? Hope you and Mike are well and the house renovation is coming along great.
    I asked my useless DIY O/H to paint the back gate with black gloss - it said 'non-drip' on the can - how come he got it all over the path, his shirt and shorts?
    It wouldn't come out no matter how I tried as he had let the paint dry on them, clothes are binned now.

Hope everyone else who visits the lounge is doing OK - here is a little treat for y'all!
    Enjoy afternoon tea with me! (Note the Royal Albert fine china teacups and side plates, just in case we get royalty popping in!)

.... and of course ......

Well - this is the cocktail lounge after all!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Trish I know exactly what you mean, mike painted a wall and got it all over the wood extension ceiling,he painted the inside of a drawer and looked as though he had used himself as the brush, you be careful minding the kiddie winks, it's far too much for you until you are 100%

Just returned from accompanying Liz to Sisters Grimm in Bushnell. Lovely trip and spent $50 on books. Got 8 Longmire novels, 1 Joe Pickett (C J Box) and a copy of Centennial. Mine self destructed back in the 80's or so. Also got a cookbook of 365 ways to cook Pasta. Consumed a Peach White Chocolate Mocha and got a guided tour of the building which is an old horse barn with coffee shop and book store on the bottom and a cute 1 bedroom apartment on top. Also met a lovely Wiemerimer named Macy. Sadly, it is closing as both ladies involved in the operation have full time jobs now. It is a beautiful day here, temperature is 79 right now and no clouds.

School started here on Monday, so I guess Fall is inevitable. I like Fall, but it is sometimes followed much too closely by Winter. Now I will have to clear out my book shelves. Needed to be done anyway. I just don't know if I can let a book leave this house without being read - Arrrghhh!

Lisa and Micki were here on Thursday on their way to Grand Island, NE and the NE State Fair and another of their half marathons. They brought me flowers and we had a nice visit. Wish they could have stayed longer.

Missy Onika is doing great, she gets her stitches out on Monday.

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 28th August 2016 at 01:08 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Glad Onika is doing well Wyo.
    Buttons, I have given up asking my OH to do painting jobs, I'm pretty sure he deliberately makes a mess of things so that I won't ask him again - it's easier and safer for me to do it.
    Today has been a lot calmer - no woeful phone calls, no visitors - bliss!
    I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Another grey day here.

Trish, let's hope your daughter gets things sorted out.
    It's all quiet on the family front here, well maybe exept for my youngest son camping in my living room!
    S'funnie, when I was on my own I wished I had someone to talk too, now I have, I yearn for the quiet life again
    His festival contract has now ended but he has an interview tomorrow for a permanent job, it's local too!

Wyo, glad your Ickle Princess is OK

Old, I am back to being allowed alcohol again, but I am staying off it!

I feel fully recovered now, a second lot of Amoxicillin sorted me out
    Skin is still giving me trouble though, but no more coughing!

Now let me see what soothing music I can find for a quei Bank Holiday Monday.

Have a great day
    Graham

Just been catching up with the posts.

Trish regarding the painting, we men should not be trusted with any kind of decorating, I think we are pretty musch all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wx7UeTXfw

I've recently been sorting through a large collection of old 78 records and that was amongst them along with a fair few from the likes of Billy Cotton, including this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yYYtmVL5xQ

Anyway hope everyone is starting to feel better soon, keep well folks.

Thread Information