Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

G'day all

Just thought I'd share a pic of Bro's new toy!
    It's a Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer 535 - He's dubbed it "Connie"
    Bro had his peepers on one of these ever since he saw them being made in the Indian factory, on one of their holiday trips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1cDECkN2xg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKTBdigs5M

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Wow an R.E.!
    Let me introduce you to an English character, this is an introduction video, you can find the rest on You Tube. Guy Martin, what a guy!!.

Trish! get well soon

I am glad to get July out of the way, it was not a good month.
    My youngest son was living in my eldest son's house. At the end of June they had a fall out and as a result my youngest son was made homeless.
    To put things in perspective, it was a very emotional time because they had both seen their mum die in April followed by the funeral and then the task of sorting out mum's things. My youngest had also lost his job.
    Now my youngest is an adventurer and thought it was great sofa-surfing at friend's homes til the reality set in. He registered as homeless and then encountered red-tape and beaurocracy at its finest.
    To cut a long story short he was either too old to help or too young to help (age 21). He was granted a place in a hostel, but every hostel was full, eventually he was given a deposit bond for a room in a shared house.
    Try affording that in this neck of the woods, that's if you can get one that accepted those on DSS income!
    I did what I could to help him financially but that was not the solution, so last Thursday I made a decision to bring him in off the streets. He spent Thursday night on cushions on my living room floor. (I live in a 1 bed bungalow).
    I managed to get him a fold-away bed so Friday he had a good sleep
    I am now spending my time trying to get him sorted out and helping him search for a job, once he has a job again he can save for the deposit for a flat of his own.
    My world has been turned upside down but it's worth it to know that my youngest is safe and off the streets.

I also now have an insight as to why so many youg people live on the streets.

He'll want to get out of here soon enough, having had no one to talk to at home for years (except for visitors) I am making the most of it!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Best of luck to your son, Pos. The same thing is true here at my house, except I talk to my deaf dog. It's not very satisfying as she doesn't talk back, but I do get a sympathetic look every now and then.

We had a humdinger of a hail storm in good ol Pine Bluffs on Thursday. It is being described as a hurricane with hail. They say there isn't a house in town without at least 1 broken window and I saw lots of shattered windshields when I went over Friday for some groceries. Our TV station out of Cheyenne was over and covered it, which is amazing. I can't remember a time when they did that since I've been back this time around (24 years). Then one of the Denver stations was up on Friday, I think, that's really unheard of. Red Cross and The National Guard arrived the next morning to assist with clean up and other needs.
    Name:  PBhouse.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  53.5 KB
    This is not paint peeling off the house, it's siding.

Name:  PBtree.jpg
Size:  84.4 KB
    Name:  PBwindshield.jpg
Size:  53.9 KB
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Pos - thanks for that vid - I'll make sure Bro gets a look at it - I think that Guy is nuts, he must run on adrenaline!
    All the best to you & family, the only way is UP from there. A foot in the door of any job, would be a great start IMHO.

Wyo - having been thru a very similar event to that in Brisbane many years ago, I can sympathize with the victims.
    I'm still nervous about storms even after a lot of time. Hope everyone had good insurance!
    We lost 42 window panes & the roof partially lifted on one side of our old house, not to mention downed power lines & trees etc. etc.
    I got cut on the tops of the feet from glass flying through the house. Broken glass was embedded in the paintwork & hanging in curtains inside the house!
    Not a nice experience at all.

Woke up to this favourite on the wireless this morn!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswFjuJPbxg

And now to brekky!

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

As I write this, my newly encamped son has gone for a job interview!
    His past experience is that he hardly ever had a reply after applying for hundreds of jobs, so he was very surprised to get a reply and an interview.
    Fingers crossed for him

Old, that choon is new to me, thanks for sharing it with the breakfast!

I think you'll like this from 'Our Guy'.

Wyo, that was one storm eh!

Trish, I hope you are on the mend

Stay safe folks!

Oops, nearly forgot to add a choon!

https://youtu.be/hbx0zpQF_mU
    Last edited by Poscar; 2nd August 2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Pos - turns out Bro read Guy's autobiography several months ago & has seen bits of the Indian trip.
    Great to see someone so passionate about saving classic motors - hope he doesn't start it in his living room! But I wouldn't put it past him.

Hope the interview went well

Choon time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9...ESfZKO8X1AyGzD

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

What a morning!
    My son got the job, due to start at 3.00pm today.
    but,
    he is now in hospital with chest pains and breathing difficulty.
    Waiting now on x-ray results to see what the problem is.

Nothing I can do but wait, I can't settle down to do any more listing, can't concentrate!

Update.. he has pneumonia. they say he can come home but must rest and take anti-biotics. I don't know what drugs have been prescribed yet.
    Last edited by Poscar; 3rd August 2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Graham

Oh well isn't that just great, one thig sorted and then he gets knocked down again, did you phone the place up that he got the job at? I hope they will hold it for him Pos.

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks buttons
    He's back at last.
    He has contacted new job and they will wait for him to get better.

He's been given Naproxen 500mg tabs and Amoxicillin 500mg tabs.
    He'll be disapointed if they don't cure him by tomorrow morning
    Graham

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

WOW - it's great that he got the job AND that they'll hold it for him - Phew!!!

Now all he has to do is what the Doc's say! & he'll be at work before he knows it (give it a week or 2)?

Things might finally be looking up for you guys - hope so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENNaP2ABbg

Thread Information