My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I worked in catering for a lot of years Trish so nothing put me off, I don't like currants, raisins, mince pies or christmas cake Yuck can't stand any of that in my mouth, dead flies ewwwwwww

It was a bit chilly yet today, but sunshine most of the day. I talked to my farmer on the phone yesterday and he said we need it to quit raining for awhile - never thought I would hear those words from him. They are having a hard time working in the field.

Name:  beanpotlid.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  41.0 KB

My new lid on the bean pot I am rather proud of myself for achieving this.

Name:  Trishbowl.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  51.0 KB

Supper is ready - come and get it!

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mmmmmmmm, do I smell food?

Sure looks nice Wyo.
    I would not be without my crock-pot. As a singleton I find it invaluable for making bulk meals and freezing individual portions in foil containers to use as and when.
    Last week I made a curried veg soup and this week I made a minced (ground) beef stew with whole baby potatoes.
    I have a good stock of meals now in the freezer, 6 varieties at the moment.
    Has anyone made a meal using cod loins in a stockpot/slow cooker?

Attachment 52948

Nothing much to report, just keeping myself busy and unbored (is that a word?)
    Family are keeping themselves to themselves so I guess that means no problems for dad to help solve

Weather was really nice yesterday but today has started out a bit dull.

That calls for an stirring choon...see what I did there, stockpot..stirring.. i'll close the door behind me...

Oh, by the way, keep safe for today's date is...

FRIDAY 13th !!!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Corr, that sure looks good Wyo - and I just love that moo-cow bowl it is served in! I'm here with my bowl in hand waiting for my helping!
    Hope that the rain quits for you and the farmer can get on with his work.

I also doff my cap to you PosBallooBear - 6 varieties of ready meals stored in the freezer - jolly well done !
    Rather a poignant pic of the 'I'm Alone' quote - it saddens me to know that you are feeling alone.
    Hopefully your sons will drop by and you will get time to spend with your grandchildren.

Talking of grandchildren - on Sunday we are having a big 'do' - it is baby Ava's first birthday party and also she is getting Christened too. (Saves quite a lot of money having the two events combined - clever astute parents methinks!) Got folks coming from all over for the occasion, hope the weather is kind as we have an afternoon birthday party planned in the grounds of the old priory church where she is getting baptised at 10.45am..

Buttons - I am not a lover of mince pies, wedding or Christmas cake either - gone off 'em even more now that you mentioned dead flies in your mouth .....
    Not much of a cake lover, although I do like Eton Mess, strawberry pavlova, lemon cheesecake and profiteroles.

Old - whatcha up to? Hope you are not trying to empty those shelves in your bar without inviting us along! How's the weather doing? It's crazy here - yesterday was glorious, hot and sunny - today, blerdy freezing with strong winds from the N to NE - ugh!

Hope all our friendly ebidders who drop by occasionally are doing Ok - books, where are you? Still wearing the kilt?

I really love this choon - not my usual rockin' stuff (must be getting an old sentimental softie!) - have a listen - hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD2HWLg2KSM

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thanks trish i want profiteroles now all we have in is hobnobs at the moment Oh and a tin of rice pudding.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hiya all - bin a bit bizzy
    Runnin' back & forwards between Docs n' X-ray labs etc.
    Had some stomach woes, so had to have a CT scan of me giblets! Nothing very serious to report (thankfully)
    Just a few things to keep an eye on - like a slight weak spot & thinning on the surface of one kidney (for an unknown reason) & a couple of tiny gall stones forming apparently Something to look forward to in the future (NOT) As well as a week muscle on the right side & the hernia! Otherwise - I'm just fine!

Reminds me of the old joke re- a lost dog advert. (I'm in the same boat)

LOST: One de-sexed male mongrel with a missing tail & slight limp. Blind in one eye & a torn floppy left ear.
    Black & white colour with a touch of the mange. Reward offered - answers to the name of "Lucky"

Hey WYO - I'll be over wif me bowl - & can you lot please send me ALL your spare rain! We need it heaps.
    It's starting to cool off down here now, & I've taken to wearing my jumper & Ugg boots nearly full time ATM - it almost got down to single digit minimums the other day!
    I'm freezin' me whatsit off lately - will have to have a warming drink or 3

NO NO NO - I won't have that maudlin music - I'm in retro rock mode - so here's a few to spark you guys up a bit CRANK EM UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6D...=RDzO6D_BAuYCI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGdlRtR2z3E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ij...713CF9&index=9
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm_M...pI_IFc&index=6

Drinkies anyone!

Tut -tut ..... whassaap with y'all?
    No posts here for three days?
    Hope everyone is OK and feeling well - hey Old, thanks for the choons and the drinkies! Glad the old giblets are still in working order and all your other maladies are nothing too serious to worry about.
    I've had a lovely weekend with the family, the Christening and Birthday party was just so truly beautiful in the grounds of the old priory - it was a lovely service and I was a very proud mum and nanna to see all my offsprings looking so lovely and happy.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Old - rain coming up as soon as I figure out how to package it.

Name:  owlscarf.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  newowl.jpg
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  stdpillow.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB

Name:  kingpillow.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  53.6 KB
    Well, that's pretty much what I have been doing. I Have a package of parts to go out today, so I will head for the post office soon. I had lunch with Scott and Liz yesterday and we watched "I'll see you in my dreams" with Blythe Danner and Sam Elliot. Fairly good movie, but the dog dies. At the beginning even yet, but it gets better.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all - I'm still here - puttin' one foot in front of the other & breathin' in & out, that's the main thing.

Wyo - looks like you've been busy gettin' crafty. I wait in anticipation for the precipitation - you could try making ice cubes & sending them!

Trish, sounds like you had a great day - should be more like them eh?

Well here's an old tune I had all but forgotten about, till a fellow Steel Guitar Forum member did an up tempo version on pedal steel.
    The original lyrics are a bit maudlin, but as a toe tappin' instrumental, I can overlook them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O86i-3Fp32c

Brekky anyone!

Howdy !
    Thanks for the choon and brekky Old, glad to hear that you are doing OK despite all your maladies!
    Both Lucia and I are fighting off yet another cough and cold - sheesh, we hardly slept a wink last night barking and coughing - both of us have been drained all day.
    I guess it's inevitable picking up lurgies when you mix with lots of people and especially the little ones who seem to pass on their colds quite freely.
    Hope I'm fit as a flea on Friday as I have both the two kiddies again all day.

Wyo, your work is exquisite - you are very talented, you should do a craft fair - do they have them around your neck of the woods?
    I'm sure you would get lots of orders.

I'm off to bed shortly, got a honey and lemon drink waiting for me and a decent dose of medicinal whisky - doesn't cure anything but sure makes you feel better!
    Must just go and nag old square eyes and tell him that no way am I going to face tomorrow morning all those dishes, pots and pans piled up high from tonight's dinner. Football is on the telly I believe .... doh!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information