Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

G'day to all (again)
    Here's a bit of music for you from highly respected Aussie musician Paul Kelly, who is putting out a mini album of tunes to coincide with William Shakespeare's birthday some 452 years on. (23rd April)
    Also the 400th anniversary of his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3c2MSLMkvc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj0kGzuL-cA

I believe you're all already in party mode over there for someone elses' 90th birthday as well.

Lets have some cake & silly party hats!

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning al

Good news Trish, glad that the big feller is doing what comes naturaly !

Old, can't say that I am excited by either Shakespeare or the Queens birthday, by the time today is over we will have been Queen overdosed by the media frenzy.
    I do admire the queen and what she does though, but the media will push things too far today.

What a shame about the death of Victoria Wood, another talent gone, is this the worst year ever for celebrity deaths?.

My step daughter has caused upset to my boys.
    She put an obituary in the local paper without telling my sons.
    She used my ex's maiden name and did not mention that she was the mum of 4 good young men!
    She's now gone back over to her home in Yorkshire along with every bit of jewellery.

I had a great evening yesterday, one of my sons (Mia's dad) came over to watch the Liverpool v Everton match on TV.

Sun is shining, the sky is blue, the birds are singing and the squirrels are nut nibbling again

How about a Blue Sky country song?

Brew time..

Attachment 52751

I hope the sun is shining on you today too
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Good Morning,
    thanks for the kind wishes, choons, tea and bikkies. What a great bunch you all are - big hug to youz!

PosBalloo, how utterly disgusting of your step daughter - she seems a vile person, and I hope she never crosses your or your sons' path again.
    Happy to hear that you had a good time with your son watching the footie.

Kaiser is very sick - he saw the vet early this morning, as we were so worried about him. Apparently his kidneys are very enlarged - either he has a very bad kidney infection or worse still - a tumour. He has had an antibiotic injection, and the vet said by Saturday he should improve - or if not, if it's a tumour, so we have to wait and see. It's heartbreaking to see him like this, but the vet said his heart and lungs are fine and Kaiser is a fighter, so we are trying to be positive.

Will keep you posted ......
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Here's a little quiz to cheer you all up! -

Name:  oldlady.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  29.4 KB

And here is a hug for Trish's Kaiser - OOO.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hi there Wyo, great to hear from you.
    Hope the weather is improving for you.
    Our forecast isn't too good for this weekend apparently there is a cold front coming down from the North bringing Arctic conditions - I wonder if we will get any snow?
    Haven't seen any for quite some time now.

Kaiser hasn't really improved much - but the vet said his antibiotic jab probably wouldn't kick in for 48 hours.
    What a wonderful vet we have - he even phoned us up before he closed the surgery to ask how Kaiser was.
    He said if Kai gets any worse to phone him and he will come out - it's 50/50 for Kai at the moment, so we are all very distraught.
    At the moment my boy is sleeping - I'm so relieved to get a few minutes respite, as I'm on red alert - daren't even put the radio on or listen to music - I have to listen out for Kai all the time as he needs monitoring (and taken out for a wee) all around the clock.
    I think we should have a slug Wyo .... join me, and anyone else that would appreciate a tipple!
    Take your pick ....

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Trish I know how you feel listening out all the time, when my Poodle was ill I slept on the floor with him, give him a hug for me.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

OOOoooh it's the Mount Gay rum for me thanks Trish - Cheers!
    Certainly hope the jab kicks in for the big fella - fingers X'd

Graham, the jewellery loss is a small price to pay not to have to deal with that person ever again!
    I'm guessing we're getting nearly as much birthday bombardment down here as you guys - very tedious indeed.
    Yes add another talent to the lost list i.e. Prince - at only 57
    Love that Uncle Kracker choon - here's another Blue Skies number for ya' all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZDwxnjG1g

R.I.P. Prince
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWBwxmfIplQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEHCNMuX-64

Buttons, I can understand you sleeping with your poorly pet - I wished Kaiser would rest for more than a few minutes.
    He must be totally worn out. I know I am - yet I can't sleep. He needs me full time.
    I'm seriously wondering if I made the right decision to help prolong his life - I really, really don't want him to suffer, maybe tomorrow there will be an improvement -
    I will pass on your hug - he needs all the love we can give him xxx
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Oooh Old - you posted whilst I was typing a reply to buttons! (I'm a bit slow tonight, as my eyes are 3/4 shut and look like witches tats ... all saggy and drooping.)
    Glad you found a suitable tipple - I can't say I've ever tried that one. I shall certainly have to seek it out and sample it, (purely for research reasons, I hope you understand!)
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Oooh Old - you posted whilst I was typing a reply to buttons! (I'm a bit slow tonight, as my eyes are 3/4 shut and look like witches tats ... all saggy and drooping.)
    Glad you found a suitable tipple - I can't say I've ever tried that one. I shall certainly have to seek it out and sample it, (purely for research reasons, I hope you understand!)
    Trish, I've never found a bad Caribbean rum - & Mount Gay is a very nice one for sure!
    After what you're going through - it couldn't hurt.

Thread Information