Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

There is nothing like a good moan to make you feel better followed by tea and bisuits(preferably chocolate)

Deleted my post as I got a bit mixed up with DIL and step daughter, not having a good day this end.
    Pos come and chat to us anytime and moan away. People can be so hurtful. hugs XX

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the cuppa 'n bickies Graham - Yum

Unfortunately, the first casualty of a marriage split is the whole TRUTH
    The kids can only operate on what they've been told & mostly, they only ever get one side of the story.
    One day you may be able to give them your side!
    As for the service - sad as that will be (not being able to attend) you can always go & pay your respects at a later point,
    Nobody need know you were there - personally, I'd leave a floral tribute with my name on it.
    Hope it all works out for the best mate!

Love the crochet things - what are they? Hot water bottle covers? How's Princess O?

The crochet things are hanging towels. Princess O is doing good, although her tumors are back, I'm hoping we're not looking at surgery again this summer, but I'm afraid we are. Like the vet said though, a least we know what they are (fatty tumors).

Pos- So sorry for your loss and troubles.

The sun is shining here and I have been working on putting my handmades on the handmade site. I don't know as it will do any good, but I won't sell any if I don't try, that's for sure. I guess I should quit doing them, as I am about to run myself out of the house with the back log.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am here

Great selection there Old!
    I liked the Layla one and the recycled percussion band.
    I used to be in a marching band and played the big bass drum!
    I often play my kitchen sink!
    I love percussion, one of my sons played drums in a punk band too.

How about this for precision drumming whilst marching...
    look out for the drumstick fight after 3.30!.

The post mortem on my ex has taken place, she died of a subarachnoid (brain) haemorrhage
    My step daughter has continued to cause ill feeling with my sons, she instantly laid claim to the jewellery that I had bought over the years,
    I know that she will sell it when she goes back home to Yorkshire.
    The biggest upset is this..
    My ex left me to go to live with my SD and to form a relationship with a man, a friend of my SD that she had introduced to my ex via Facebook.
    It seems that he will be at the funeral, hence why I am not geting the approval.
    I've spoken to my eldest son and told him that despite my anger, I won't turn up and spoil the day for my sons.
    I'll be glad when it's all over in a couple of weeks time.

Need breakfast and a brew now.

tuck in..

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Hello!
    Long time - no talk!
    Popped in to say hi to you all, and to let you know that I'm still around.
    Thanks for the links to the drumming - although I do so love the best ever drummer that was ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGr5KGxpwo

Things have been really hectic, had family here all over the weekend for the birthday party at the village hall.
    It was great and we all got totally ratted.

Sunday - after a full English brekkie (cooked by JR!) those that could walk went out to a car boot - the most hung overs (me included!) sat outside in the little shelter enjoying the sunshine and partaking of a hair of the dog.
    Later, we all went out for a meal, had a game of cards the hit the sack rather early - which was around 10pm ish.

We all went to the auction at Campsea Ashe on Monday, as Teagan was looking to buy some chickens - she and Matt are into the 'Good Life'
    see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKGr5KGxpwo
    and then we had to take Kaiser to the vets for his blood test and get more tablets for his thyroid complaint, then off to the dentist for my penultimate fitting of the new bridging teeth. Family visitors all got home safely.

Tuesday was Lucia's actual 30th birthday - both JR and Lucia had the day off work - we started the day off with Bucks Fizz, we managed to down a 1.5L bottle of champers before she had finished opening all her bags of pressies!
    Her boyfriend joined us later - we were going to have a barby but we had a thunderstorm and torrential rain, so ate (and drank) indoors instead.
    We played several rounds of cards, then all retired to our beds .... happily exhausted from a very long celebratory weekend!

Wednesday and Thursday were taken up with trying to get rid of the mud on my carpets that folk had brought in - my carpet cleaner was hidden at the back of the cupboard and I had to drag out boxes of Lucia's stuff to get to the attachments. I ended up doing 3 loads of washing as she had shoved bin liners of clothes in there, they smelt musty to me so I washed the lot. I have a really bad backache with reaching up to the washing line outdoors and mauling with that heavy carpet cleaner, so I will crawl into my pit when I have finished this message.
    I have the 2 little ones again tomorrow, so have to be up bright eyed and bushy tailed early.

PosBalloo, oh me duck - I'm so very sad for you.
    I can't find words to say what I think about the way you have been treated - well, actually I can, but I shall refrain from swearing - don't want to get chucked off the forums!
    I don't understand what your SD's problem is - but I certainly wouldn't allow her to take the jewellery that you bought for your wife - it's not hers ..... grrr it makes me so angry to read this.
    I do understand it though, as when JR's mum died she had everything snatched by her awful second husband's family members.
    The creep that married her took everything - made her alter her will - ( she wasn't sound of mind after a bad stroke that left her crippled AND she was in her early eighties!))
    and everything that should have been bequeathed to John was taken away - including the rent from properties that his dad owned, and was originally left to his wife and then to my JR.
    The vultures on JR's step father's side totally ransacked the house and all it's contents ..... and guess what?
    JR and I had to pay all the funeral expenses as she hadn't got any insurance policies -
    Not saying any more before I blow a fuse ......

I have to be up early tomorrow to welcome my little granddaughters, so good night and God Bless .....
    I would have finished this message to you all hours ago but I have had to take time off to console Lucia .....
    Her boyfriend has suddenly dumped her .... she is totally heartbroken.
    Sheesh ...... dunno what to say or think anymore
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day Graham & all - thanks for the pancakes (if only eh?)
    Great to see someone else here

I've seen those Swiss drum guys B4 on TV at the Edinburgh Tattoo - amazing precision & I love the LED light show at the end.

Probably not much could have been done for your ex in that type of event Graham, & her passing was most likely very fast or instant.
    I think you're doing the right thing regards the service, and like I said, you can always pay your respects privately later.
    It's said that "time heals all wounds" & I've found that to be correct - I hope it works out that way for you & the boys also!

I'm off to Brizvegas (the big smoke) over the weekend, as it's my Bro's 60th birthday - so we're having a small BBQ & a few? drinkies!
    So I'll be MIA for a little while Below is part of his present

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMb1wPfE1Iw

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day Trish - we cross posted. BTW, you double posted The Good Life link. Sorry to hear of your woes also - here's another of my favourite sayings!

"Where there's a Will - there's grasping relatives" (How true!)

Thread Information