eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Morning

Not mutch going on in my life to report on.
    I hope my family have seen the latest John Lewis Christmas advert, might prick their conscience.
    I've not seen any of my 4 sons for a week, in fact I've not spoken face to face with a human since 4th Nov.

Edited to add..
    I can't allways go out because I have an intermittent inner ear problem that can cause vertigo and tinnitus, sometimes mild, sometimes really bad.
    It can make me unsteady when I walk and look drunk.
    I have exercises for my head that can relieve the symptoms but not always.
    Sometimes I need to lie down for a while to help.
    http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/Controll...nformation.pdf
    Last edited by Poscar; 10th November 2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning/evening all

Both debilitating maladies Pos, my Mum had vertigo from time to time, not nice.
    I think you should have a cuppa & a lie down there mate!

BTW - I've decided to start a garden type thread to keep my obsession with orchids out of Al's cocktails & music area. Don't panic, I'll be in for a choon & drinkies often!
    Everyone's invited to add their garden related stuff in the new thread. Flora, Fauna, Critters, Tips, Creepy Crawlees, Veges, Weeds, Birdies, or Whatever!
    Oh yes - & see my latest orchids in flower

The band Orchid (shades of Black Sabbath)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvtAMFhbuRA

Just dropping in to say Howdy!

Sunday my charge (kitty) decided to leave home. Went clear across the street to a neighbors who called me to report the incident. I went and retrieved the runaway and made him a place in the front porch. Yesterday was a nice day, so I let him out for a few hours and he came running to go in when I came back to let him in for the night. Hope I am not in trouble when his family gets home. I haven't gone today as it snowed last night - not nearly as much as predicted. We had a Winter Storm Advisory for last night and today. The wind is also blowing, but last night it was really howling. So, I will go about 4 and spend some time with him.

Old, I enjoy your flowers. I have a black thumb - I eventually killed cactus I had in the house, so I have decided not to torture any more plants.

Not much going on here. Did Sues really go to New York? Seems like she's been gone forever.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Crikey - just done a 7.00am 'till 6.00pm shift looking after L'il Miss Dynamite and I'm totally worn out - but very happily so.
    Isla is just so adorable, and I have spent quite a lot of the day singing 'Let it go' from Frozen, watching Peppa Pig and Mr. Tumble vids, supervising the plucking of grass and lettuce leaves from her granddads salad garden to be fed to the guinea pigs and rabbit, having my hair 'cut' (with plastic scissors) and brushed, making sure she is fed well, and traipsing around the playing fields and lanes with her in her buggy to see if I could get her to have an afternoon nap. No luck
    But I did manage to get her to sleep for an hour cuddling her - it was a good experience for me, as I seldom sit still and watch tv or films, but I watched Alice in Wonderland (with some fab actors/actresses inc. Miranda Richardson as the Queen of Hearts, Robbie Coltrane as Tweedledum, Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire cat ) and I really enjoyed it!

I cooked dinner for everyone, and now I'm bushed. (Haven't had mine yet, it's in the oven, I'm just downing a couple of pre-dinner drinks to relax me, and hopefully give me an appetite.).

Pos, I feel so sad for you - not talking to anyone (face to face) since 4th Nov. and also having inner ear probs. so you can't get out much. I do hope that your 4 sons will realise that you are there all the time, not just when they want a favour from you.
    As for "I have exercises for my head that can relieve the symptoms but not always.
    Sometimes I need to lie down for a while to help."
    I havea regular customer who buys my Ylang Ylang votive candles as they are very therapeutic in helping with his head problems and injuries, including hypotension, stress, and sleeplessness. Maybe you should try giving yourself a little bit of TLC , you sound as if you need it son..... here's a choon for you.....

Old, cheers for your garden thread, I will try and post some pics of my flowers if I get the chance, and Wyo .... where are you? Have you run away with a hot cowboy or a slick city dude? Missing you hun, and I'm really worried where our Sues has gone. Sure wished she would check in to say 'hi'.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hey Wyo .. Looks like I missed your post when I posted mine!
    Good to hear from you - wow! snow already? It's really mild here in UK for the time of year . I do believe though that things will change soon, and we may be in for a harsh and cold winter ....
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning

Trish and Old, thanks for your kind words, means a lot to me.

Guess what! I spoke to humans yesterday!!
    My Tesco shopping was delivered yesterday morning by the regular very polite man, always has a smile on his face.
    Then at 6.00pm i had a visit from Mia with her parents in tow, made my day that did

This morning I got out of bed without the room spinning, no vertigo!
    I hope that's it for this year with it!
    Last attack was when I was decorating then just one or two mild bouts of tinnitus until last Friday.
    It's one of the reasons I don't drive any more (the other being that I couldn't afford a car at the moment!)

Another wet and windy day outside.

So let's have a choon, better not be a head bangin' one though!

and a cuppa for us...

Now then Sue, where are yoooooooooooo????

Have a great day and keep warm and dry
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

We had a lovely day, but it has now turned rather windy - no rain and still unseasonably mild.
    Pos, I'm delighted that you got to see little Mia, and you didn't have vertigo this morning. Yayy!!!!
    Thanks for the Mumford choon, and ooooh! What I wouldn't give to be able to toast my tootsies in front of that fire!
    Tea and cake much appreciated also!

Just fed the clan, as usual my dinner is in the oven.
    Why am I such a nocturnal eater? I know it's very bad for you, but I just don't want to eat until almost bedtime.
    Then I like to read a little or do a Sudoku puzzle to relax the grey matter.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with being a pub landlady for all those years ....

Anyways, hope everyone is safe and sound and happy!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad you're feeling better Pos & that you've had some visits Hey! I've just added a kilo drooling over that cake
    Mumford & Sons just toured in Brisbane & were featured during the Oz v/s NZ test match at the Gabba.
    In answer to their Winter Winds, here's our Aussie version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnDIF7i5YQ

Cheers to your continued good health!

Here's one for our Suez
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoSV8xCKgbw

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Isla is just so adorable, and I have spent quite a lot of the day singing 'Let it go' from Frozen, watching Peppa Pig and Mr. Tumble vids,
    This fills me with horror, with a 4 year old niece (guessing a similar age to Isla)!

They went to see Mr Tumble in person tonight as he was switching our lights on which she was well excited about!

Hi there Ash, I do have a 4 year old granddaughter, (Abigail) but Isla is only just 2!
    From me ..... I have spent quite a lot of the day singing 'Let it go' from Frozen, watching Peppa Pig and Mr. Tumble vids,
    From Ash .....This fills me with horror
    Lol! You haven't been snooping around our neighorhood have you Ash, and heard my singing, have you?
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information