Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Gooood mooooorning

It's sunny here!
    Can't believe it's 5 Nov and still got sunshine insread of cold, grey, fog.

Bonfire night tonight I dislike bonfire night, too many stupid people setting fireworks off inappropriately and late into the night.
    I do like organised displays though.
    Keep your pets safe folks.

One for Al..

Brekkie anyone?

Last edited by Poscar; 5th November 2014 at 08:05 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Well - a huge hellowwweee!
    Aww, Pos, I thought I could smell bacon this morning - but the scent of Amaretto Nog took over .. I had to make another wax tart. Been so busy just lately, haven't had much time to relax in the lounge. I'm sure Al will love the Firework vid - I sure did! Wow, that drummer was amazing how he threw up his sticks - and caught them! I quite like Katy Perry's last choons, which is unusual for me, as I don't really like modern day women singers a great deal. They flog their vids and music with sex ... gimmee Tarja, Tina and my little Suzi anyday!

Hey Bernard, (mind if I call you Duffy? I like that - it reminds me of my school days, I had a very good pal called Duffy!)
    A great big welcome to the lounge, and nice to know that you enjoy music and a flutter! Well done on getting a third place in the Melbourne Cup race, I quite like a flutter on th 'osses mesen! (You will have to get used to my pottery Stokie slang, anything you don't understand, give me a shout!)
    Good luck with your listings, keep at it son, list everything that ain't nailed down! Someone, somewhere eventually wants it!
    I'm like meebo, have a twitter account but can't get to grips with it either.

Now Sues, you have made me tell a joke after mentioning that you have found a t-shirt for bf about Indian names.
    (Remember I kept a pub/Inn for many years and heard some rude/funny jokes!)
    Goes like this ....

Big chief Sitting Bull was having a pow wow with some of the elders in his teepee when a young brave entered to say that his woman was about to give birth to their first child.
    It was tradition that the chief named the child and the brave asked how the chief knew what to call the new baby.
    The chief replied .. whatever I first see when a new baby enters into this world will be the new baby's name.
    I have seen White Clouds, and that was your sisters name, I saw a running bear, and that was your Fathers name and I saw a bird and that is why I called your brother Cholena. Now why do you ask these things Two Dogs f*ck*ng?

Well, we have just come indoors after watching a super fireworks display and have to say that both dogs were totally amazing. Their Police Dog training made them unafraid of the bangs and noise and smoke, they both sat with us and watched the display totally calm and unbothered or upset.
    My previous dog - also a black German Shepherd was absolutely terrified of fireworks, I guess it was because he came to us after a bad experience. You just don't know what could have happened do you?

Anyways, after rabbiting on, Wyo - cannot believe you got snow already ... we have a frost forecast for tonight which is a pain in the ass as we have to get the tropicals indoors. Seems early this year - looking back at my frost calender the first frost in Suffolk last year was on my birthday 21st. All us guys had been out to celebrate and I got up the next morning to find that I had lost a load of tropicals due to a severe frost. Wished I lived in Hawaii!

Now, here is a beer or two for Tony ...
    and the bar is open for anyone else to pick and choose ...
    Name:  bar.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  82.0 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Darn it! Forget to say thanks to books for all the super choons - so love all those oldies and it takes me back to so many happy days in my teenage years. Keep 'em coming books, I love to listen whilst I'm munching on my breakfast .... I would give you a big kiss, but I might get lipstick on your collar ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8x5cUFoDnU
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Diehard
    View DUFFYS's Feedback (+1658)
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now being near christmas Richard harris has a recipe For a cake !

From MacCarthur Park

Forum Diehard
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tony have a great day at work , yes we all must keep on Going ...

Forum Diehard
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Twitter Is Interesting i have one too :

Duffysracing is my user Name on twitter so get on there and follow me and i will follow you .

I find it very interesting on there and some great people as well , even eBid are on there ...

Hi everyone, I'm feeling sad ....

I have developed a horrible cough and cold - sneezing, eyes running, sore throat etc.
    I have caught it from my son, who had a heavy cold when he visited a few days ago.
    I cannot remember the last cold I had, isn't it just sod's law that I have a stinker of a cold right now .... I had planned to visit my mum on Saturday and see all my family in Stoke. I haven't seen them for such a long time, now I don't know what to do.
    I daren't go visiting mum like this in case I gave her this lurgy. My sisters steer well clear of visiting mum if there is any illness in the family, so I don't think they would appreciate it if I gave this cold to my mum, she is in her late 80's and wouldn't be able to fight it off easily.
    Also, it's little Abigail's 3rd birthday party on Sunday ... I have all her presents here - so I shall have to go to Nottingham.
    I feel so worried as to what to do for the best.
    My head is banging so much I just want to go back to bed, I'm shivering, going hot and cold.
    Does anyone have a quick acting cough and cold remedy .....and please will someone make me a honey and lemon drink ?
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear - I feel for you I had it a feww weeks back and was really ill with a temp of 40 degrees. Have you tried first defence. you get it from the chemist and OH swears by it but it is quite expensive at around 8 pounds. If you can take paracetamol and make up your own honey and lemon drink the honey is anti-microbial so will help get rid of nasties. Go to bed for 24 hours and make sure you drink plenty. At least 2 litres of fluid. Keep warm and dry.
    good luck
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Trish, ugh, I am sorry, colds are a right PITA and always seem to come at the worst possible moment. My personal favorite remedy is a lot of Vitamin C, I find it shortens colds appreciably as well as strengthens the immune system without the side effects of cold meds; the only down side is it might make you use the bathroom more frequently, (so not advised if you have kidney or bladder issues), but even that's a plus IMHO as it flushes the cold germs out of your system. I usually take 5 or 6 Vitamin C caps at the first sign of a cold and it helps shorten the duration; have been taking 2 caps a day for about a year and half now and haven't had a cold since I've been taking it, though I've definitely come into contact with folks who are suffering. I credit the Vitamin C as it's an immune system booster for sure.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I rely on large quantities of whiskey - that seems to finish off the germs.
    Someone suggested you take 2 ltrs a day, but seems a bit excessive, even for me

Thread Information