eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hiya Sues, if you can google picmonkey ..... here is the link ..... http://www.picmonkey.com/

then click on resize button, you can shrink all pics to fit and do a lot more too, like brightening your image if it's too dark, or making your image clearer using the sharpen button.
    I love playing about with it, it's wonderful what you can achieve!

Kaiser is also non-impressed with dressing up, he doesn't mind what you do to him, he allows anything and everything.
    My grandchildren who visited a little while ago (from Cornwall) adored him, and dressed him up with clothes, sunglasses, hat - even a wig! He didn't care at all.
    Now Reina, the youngster and frivolous one would not allow this. She is mischievous, wants to play, but on her terms only. Sounds a bit like me really .... lol!!!
    LOL! Yep, that sounds like me, too.

Laidback is the only word to describe Winston, he doesn't mind little kids climbing on him, pulling his ears and tail, etc., you name it. I try to head them off at the pass when I can, but, thankfully, he's always a good sport; truthfully, I think he likes attention so much he rather enjoys it, though of course being the strong silent male type he'd never say.

Cheers,

Geez, I had to go looking at the Kitchen Table for our thread! Must be because Tony's on vacation.

I have company coming tomorrow and Wednesday so who knows where it will be by then!

Jerry and his mother Barbara came to visit me on Sunday. Barbara grew up on a farm a few miles from town and we got to visiting and she told me a story about my store building. The store started out as the first building in town (1907) and it housed the hotel, the general store, a shoe store, and a drug store. There was also a barber shop in it at one time, but I don't know when. The man who ran the general store died and his widow's brother ran the store for her until sometime in the 40's a couple from Missouri bought it. They used the hotel dining room and kitchen as their living room and kitchen and slept upstairs in one of the front bedrooms. She kept the NE back bedroom as a guest room. Barbara said it was real nice up there at that time. Mrs. store keeper told that she was constantly having to remake the bed in the guest room despite it being unused. She would go to check on it and there would be an impression in the bed clothes as if someone had been lying on the bed. There have been tales about that building being haunted for many years in this town. There is my Halloween story.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Spoooooookey!

Wyo, to see new threads since your last visit, there is a link top left 'New Posts' you can then see all the threads that have new posts since your last visit. Once you have read the ones that you want to, go to the same bar and you will see 'Mark Posts Read' That will clear the unread ones so next time you log on there will be latest posts only

Wet and very windy here, stay safe and have plenty of hot drinks to keep you warm.

Windy..

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Morning all, great tracks from Nickelback, and the Association. Was very windy here earlier, though seems to have slowed down a bit now.

Came across this tune earlier today, never heard of them before, always great to find new stuff to listen to and enjoy

Paper Aeroplanes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flw0PO3Zegs

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Geez, I had to go looking at the Kitchen Table for our thread! Must be because Tony's on vacation.

I have company coming tomorrow and Wednesday so who knows where it will be by then!

Jerry and his mother Barbara came to visit me on Sunday. Barbara grew up on a farm a few miles from town and we got to visiting and she told me a story about my store building. The store started out as the first building in town (1907) and it housed the hotel, the general store, a shoe store, and a drug store. There was also a barber shop in it at one time, but I don't know when. The man who ran the general store died and his widow's brother ran the store for her until sometime in the 40's a couple from Missouri bought it. They used the hotel dining room and kitchen as their living room and kitchen and slept upstairs in one of the front bedrooms. She kept the NE back bedroom as a guest room. Barbara said it was real nice up there at that time. Mrs. store keeper told that she was constantly having to remake the bed in the guest room despite it being unused. She would go to check on it and there would be an impression in the bed clothes as if someone had been lying on the bed. There have been tales about that building being haunted for many years in this town. There is my Halloween story.
    Wyo, too cool, you own a haunted building! You should definitely charge admission.

The only really creepy thing I ever experienced was when I was in London visiting the Tower of London, (which is creepy enough in itself IMHO). I was listening to the beefeater guide talking about the scaffolding on Tower Green and we were viewing it when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Being a bit taller than some, I thought I was blocking someone's view, so I turned and said excuse me, but there was nobody there. I turned back around and then someone squeezed my shoulder, not hard, but enough to know it was being squeezed. I turned around again and again nothing. I couldn't get away from there fast enough. Later I told my friend's flatmate and she said the Tower was full of creepy stories and she told me about Katherine Howard's ghost and her uncle's sighting of a face in a window when he was there on a school trip years earlier; he told his teacher about it, only to be told they didn't use that part of the Tower anymore.

Soooooooo happy early Halloween everyone! Do you do trick or treating? W. and I will be doing ours at the pet store. I always get candy in case the local kids show up but they almost never do, not like they did in NY, I think it must be a regional difference.

Cheers,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all

Mel, what a nice find, she's a very talented singer with what I call an 'easy listen to' voice.

I am at home today, my decorating duties are now over for my 2 sons.

I still have nowhere to move to, so I will start to implement my cunning plan today.

Apart from finding new artists, I like to find covers of original songs, some are bad, some are really good and in some cases better than the original.

I found this one very interesting, the drums are electric, but the rig set-up is not so far away in looks from the full size version.
    Lyndsey Stirling is on the violin.

Tea, coffee and tost getting sorted now..

Last edited by Poscar; 22nd October 2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Morning Graham, great tune to start the day. Having a late start this morning enjoying my cup of tea. Like you say the drum set up looks pretty standard apart from size. The sound is getting better all the time on these electric set ups. Though I doubt that they will ever replace some of the larger set ups.

A bit more drumming, Al would probably like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-DzaZNcLJc

Hi everyone,
    I've been playing around making tarts/melts with my new scents. The house smells lovely!
    It's really cold today, but at least the winds have died down and it's bright and sunny.

Thanks for the drinks and toast, I'll just pour myself a nice hot cup of tea.
    Super choons, thanks so much books and Pos, just love drums.
    Talking of drums and Al, he has sent a pic of Bonzo and Arnie - the knuckleheads!
    Name:  Bonzo and Arnie.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  108.8 KB

Terry is still right next to Al by the computer along with Pixie and Terry's wife and baby !
    Al says It is awfully nice of you guys to remember him in the forum, and he will never forget his eBid friends.
    Pos, Al also says thanks for the Zep choon/vid - made his day!

Loved the spooky tales, no ghosts in this house, except for when I look in the mirror after a heavy drinking sesh the night before!
    I always get candy for the trick or treaters, we didn't get very many last year though, and I had tons left. Didn't last long though...
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Afternoon tea anyone?

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here