View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

LOL! I'll bet Bonzo was thinking, 'glad it's not me.'

Cheers,

Al, have no fear, I will protect you from the nasty donuts! Can't have you getting heartburn.

Some agency decided about 3 years ago that there should be a tornado siren in Carpenter and 9-1-1 in Cheyenne the button to control it. They tested it every month on the first Friday at noon. Lately they have only been testing it in the months when there is no possibility of tornadoes (I think). We have had 3-4 tornadoes in the years that it has been up and no siren. Yesterday, they tried to get even. Blew it and - no tornado. Actually, there was a tornado, in Cheyenne. Everyone here is walking around going - Is it Friday? What a waste of taxpayers money.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

For Trish - Name:  girafferesize.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  48.4 KB

For me it's ants, once I see one, I have the heeby jeebies until I can wash, shower, or whatever.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

LOL! I hate ants, too, cause I always worry if I see one there's likely lots I haven't seen. It doesn't help that I once lived in an apartment with a disgusting ant infestation that the owner constantly denied, even when presented with the evidence. Needless to say I got out of there ASAP...

Cheers,

..... crawls into the lounge on all fours.....
    Hello cocktailers ..... another day of caring for baby grand-daughter, oh I'm bushed.
    I shall be glad when I can crawl into my pit tonight.

Laughed at that pic of the giraffe Wyo ... hee-hee!
    Ants don't bother me too much, we have many nests in the garden and sometimes they do try to get indoors, but I ask them to leave, and put talcum powder down as well - seems to work!
    My biggest ever fear - nay phobia - is moths. I am petrified of them - I'm even freaked out now with Red Admiral and Peacock butterflies - JR wants me to seek psychiatric help, it's so bad. I dread 'moth season'. I would rather stifle in heat than open a window, coz those beasties know I'm scared of them and deliberately come into the house to scare me to death. I have to close all the curtains at night coz they congregate on the windows outside - ganging up and trying to get in and attack me.

Phobias are strange things - my ex-sister in law was terrified if she saw a doll with an arm or leg missing, my friend freaked out at cotton wool!

Well, we are having thunder storms here at the moment, with heavy downpours of rain. So no garden tonight.
    Just filled my glass with a drop of the good stuff, and may list a couple of things before I retire.
    Happy FRIED Day !!!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

No cocktails yet for me. We are heading to a concert tonight. The Led Zeppelin Tribute band Zozo is playing.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Ooh, sounds like fun Al! Have a good time, hope it's a good band.

Had a bit of a scare today, Winston was in the fenced in backyard this morning and I got a bit achy so took a little nap. When I woke up about an hour or so later, I went to check and he wasn't in the backyard though the gate was still latched and everything was intact. I was really upset til I went and opened the front door and there he was on the front steps. I have no idea how he got there, but it did spook me. I think from here on out he's staying inside when I'm not here and/or keeping a close eye on him. Thankfully he didn't wander off, though I still have no idea how he managed to get out, (he didn't dig under the fence and it's a pretty high chain link fence, so I doubt he could or would jump over it, not a lot of energy and/or ambition). My bro says I can call him Houdini now.

Cheers and Happy Fried Day,
    Last edited by suesjools; 27th June 2014 at 08:46 PM.

I'm with Trish tonight - whacked! We cleaned out part of the store today. Lots of decisions - sell, toss, give to charity ARRRGGGHHH! tough work for this hoarder. We have about 5 bags for charity, 3 or 4 for trash, and a few things left to sell. Found a few surprises. Took a shower as soon as I got home as it is dirty down there.

I have one quote for the roof and I am waiting to see if I get another one this weekend. Then I will bug Gary for his opinion. Parts of the roof were redone after a big wind storm we had, so we don't have to do the whole thing. I have a quote for shingles and one for steel. The quote for shingles says to add $2200 for decking if needed. I think it will be needed which brings the shingles quote fairly close to the steel. I would do the steel if I thought I was keeping the building, but I really have no use for it anymore. So shingles maybe the best choice.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning Cocktailers and Cocktailees!

Great concert last night. With the Zeppelin cover bands we have seen it's hard to tell which has the better talent and which has better equipment.
    Sound is so different between a room of 300 people and an auditorium with 20,000.

Good afternoon/morning everyone.
    A horrible wet day here, dark, heavy showers and a bit chilly. Hope it brightens up a bit later.

Busy with relisting and YDC stuff - so that is keeping me busy for now.

Wyo - go for the shingles!
    Glad you enjoyed the concert Al

Sues, I hear ya! Reina was deffo a Houdini - she also used to manage to escape from the garden - how she managed it was a mystery - until we actually caught her disappearing through the wild fence at the bottom of the garden. There is a wire mesh fence, thickly concealed by shrubs, including blackberry bushes, wild ivy etc. She jumped up and forced her way through the tree stumps and thick bushes - amazing.
    We have had to put extra reinforcements up to stop her, she hasn't escaped since then, although I still don't trust her 100% especially if a cat is lurking about in the lane behind us. There are a lot of nests in the hedge, and cats try to get at the birds and their youngsters .... grrr

Just going to make a hot cuppa now, and find some socks, my feet are cold!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information