My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Today was work day so I've been slaving over a hot laptop all afternoon.

I went down town yesterday afternoon to fill an order and noticed that a 2 or 3 bottom plow (can't remember) was missing off my lots. I sold it to a member of the Antique Tractor Club, so I figured they had come and picked it up after 2 years. Then I noticed that 2 clam shell fenders were missing from in front of one of my buildings, so ended up calling the local sheriff - just to inform him. Cody thinks the plow has been gone since last fall, perhaps. Aren't I observant? So, the morning was spent making a report and then a box for the parts order I retrieved yesterday. Then it was lunch time. and I wonder why I never get anything done.

Absolutely beautiful day today. No wind, nice and warm, but not too hot. Tomorrow is another work day to make up for vacation last week.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

#2.... Arnie sounds like a good name. Hope everything works out.

Sues - it sounds like Winston is doing good! Yay! Dogs are funny, Onika hates a bath and Sampson always loved his. He's not so crazy about it now, but he's gone mental.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Good Morning everyone, another glorious day here ...yayyy!
    I was up with the lark this morning, just couldn't sleep with all the sunlight pouring into the bedroom.

JR is over his sulking re the football - but now he has another malady to bear - he has gout in his hand.
    His thumb and knuckles are all red and swollen and burning hot - he says it's very painful and it sure looks it.
    Hope his anti-inflammatory meds kick in soon for him.

Wyo, how awful that you have been robbed, I wonder if you will discover anything else that has been pilfered. What rotters some folk are.
    Glad the weather has been lovely for you, must be about time you had your share of Mr. Sunshine!

Hope all the cocktailee doggies are doing well, Kaiser doesn't appreciate this hot weather, with his thick black wooly coat. Reina doesn't seem to mind it at all. At least I can sprinkle Kai with the hose, Reina bolts when she sees it - she too is aquaphobic.

Coffee's up - help yourselves!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had gout in my big toe and it's a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. even the brushing over the affected area with the ends of my trousers is unbearable

Blimey meebo, that sure sounds awfully painful.
    I think JR must be brave, he has gone off to work, he doesn't have an alternative as he has to unlock the premises to let the others in.
    Luckily he is only there till 1.30pm so I hope he will manage to cope OK.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have had gout in my big toe and it's a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. even the brushing over the affected area with the ends of my trousers is unbearable
    Same here. My attacks have always hit one of the big toes. Pain is unbearable. Even a bed sheet brushing it is excruciating.
    I can't imagine having it attack a hand, ouch!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh wow, Meebo, I am so sorry you're feeling badly, hope the gout abates soon. Same for poor JR, hope he's feeling better soon. It's really messed up in this day and age that there isn't an effective treatment for something that's been known about for some time now, rather like my rosacea, though at least that isn't painful, except to look at, knock wood. Here's hoping everyone is feeling tip top in short order.

Wyo, that sucks about the tractor, second Trish, I'll never understand people who do things like that, they must be missing vital parts of the brain, like a conscience...

Trish and Wyo, it's nice to know Winston isn't alone in his dislike for baths, though I do wish he liked them at least a little. You'd think with all the heat we've been having lately that the cold water would feel good, (I know I enjoy it)!

Cheers and happy weekend,

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

No gout now. I am on medication to prevent it, so far, so good

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    No gout now. I am on medication to prevent it, so far, so good
    Good thing that. I thought there must be some meds. available, though I admittedly don't know too much about gout, except that both Henry VII and VIII had it, so it seems like there's a hereditary component.

Maybe that's it, too much royal blood.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Good thing that. I thought there must be some meds. available, though I admittedly don't know too much about gout, except that both Henry VII and VIII had it, so it seems like there's a hereditary component.

Maybe that's it, too much royal blood.

Cheers,
    Hmmm, I wonder..... maybe JR's ancestry could be traced back to Royalty... after all, his surname is son of Richard.
    Maybe it was one of the King Richards.......although I dare say he bears a more striking resemblance to Henry VIII .....
    (Pssst ... don't tell him I said that .... )!!!

Seriously, he has suffered today with this gouty hand .... and to make matters worse, Dominic has his first gig tonight as a DJ.
    All his brand new equipment has been stored in our spare room.
    Dom was running a bit late and needed a hand loading up the van with all his gear, poor JR was trying to help with one hand.
    Good job I'm pretty strong and could help carry the gear down the stairs. All is well now, Dom has gone off to do his DJ'ing, JR has had his curry (and meds) and now I'm about to sink another Ouzo before I tuck into my curry.

It's a beautiful evening, the longest day - so I'm going to sit outside and marvel at all I see .....
    (JR excluded)
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information