Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I remember you posting that pic, Al.
    The little 'uns didn't seem too keen on the catch...lol!

I'm always glad to get back home to my own space Sues, it's good to travel - but so much nicer when you get back home.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZWXYIIWaI
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, there really is no place like home, even a rented one where the lawn needs mowing, (just bought a new push reel mower that was delivered yesterday so we'll be ready to tackle the crabgrass - assuming that's what they call the scrubby looking patches that surround the normal looking stuff - soon).

Cheers,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    I remember you posting that pic, Al.
    The little 'uns didn't seem too keen on the catch...lol!

I'm always glad to get back home to my own space Sues, it's good to travel - but so much nicer when you get back home.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZWXYIIWaI
    Quentin was more interested in the snacks grampa brought on the fishing trip. He was 18 or 19 months old in that picture. Attention span about 5 seconds.
    It was nice though that he was reeling in ALL the fishing poles and this one happened to have a fish attached. He reeled it in to shore but couldn't lift it out of the water, mom had to help.

Yes Sues - know what you mean.
    JR had a petrol mower - and it sort of packed in - he couldn't get it to work (remember he is a lazy beggar!) - so he left it outside, on the front garden, hoping that someone would pinch it.
    No luck - it sat there for ages.(He actually took it to the rubbish tip)
    I bet it only needed some adjustment, but ole glass back had already made up his mind - he wanted a new lawnmower.
    He bought another one - a Flymo - and now he doesn't like that one either - it apparently doesn't cut the grass in stripes, and only flattens the lawns - most of the grass is flung everywhere as well - instead of all going into the collection receptacle thingy.
    Sometimes I think it would be easier and cheaper for me to get someone in to cut the lawns. Sigh
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is there room for a little one, I'm under 5ft and have brought my own drink not too keen on any music, so I'll shove my ear plugs in.

I used to go fishing when I was younger (was 54 last month), mainly to get out of doing the washing up after Sunday roast. I have 3 brothers, as the only girl I kept getting lumbered with doing the washing up on Sundays, so I copied my brothers and took up fishing, made sure I went Sundays.

The first fish I ever caught, just a tiddler, was with fishing line with a hook on end tied to a stick. I did use rod and reel after that.

Going forward to the 1980s I used to go out with a carp fisherman (named Tony) sometimes went fishing with him, I have a one that got away story. Was fishing one day with Tony, he was fishing for carp, so was using heavy line, boilies bait and rod buzzers, I was using lighter line, maggots and a float. I had a bite, Tony grabbed my rod before I had a chance to, and tried to reel the fish in, but the line broke. he said it felt like a big one, though what he meant as big, I didn't ask.

Name:  baileys.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  33.9 KB

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    Is there room for a little one, I'm under 5ft and have brought my own drink not too keen on any music, so I'll shove my ear plugs in.

I used to go fishing when I was younger (was 54 last month), mainly to get out of doing the washing up after Sunday roast. I have 3 brothers, as the only girl I kept getting lumbered with doing the washing up on Sundays, so I copied my brothers and took up fishing, made sure I went Sundays.

The first fish I ever caught, just a tiddler, was with fishing line with a hook on end tied to a stick. I did use rod and reel after that.

Going forward to the 1980s I used to go out with a carp fisherman (named Tony) sometimes went fishing with him, I have a one that got away story. Was fishing one day with Tony, he was fishing for carp, so was using heavy line, boilies bait and rod buzzers, I was using lighter line, maggots and a float. I had a bite, Tony grabbed my rod before I had a chance to, and tried to reel the fish in, but the line broke. he said it felt like a big one, though what he meant as big, I didn't ask.

Welcome to the lounge! There is room for everybody, all are welcome!
    Is that a Godiva chocolate liqueur your drinking?

Hello Emmily, a very warm welcome to the lounge.
    Here you can just chill out, share you happy times and sad ones too - we are a friendly bunch here!
    Doesn't matter if you don't like music, or alcohol either - there is nearly always a pot of tea or coffee going spare in the mornings!

I am a 'tiddler' too - just over 5 feet tall - I used to be 5'2" but I have shrunk in the wash I think...lol!

I also used to go fishing with a boyfriend when I was in my teens - I cannot remember catching anything - apart from weeds and stuff, but it was fun nevertheless.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks both of you for you welcome message,I have found a nice comfy chair.

Adruml, that's a Baileys I'm drinking. I have cheap version of Irish Cream every weekend. I'm on Baileys email list and get offers of free mini sample bottles, the last one I had was Chocolate Baileys, mmmm it was nice.

Trish, I'm 4tf 11 and a half, that half inch is important when under 5ft though I've not been measured for years, so I may well have shrunk too.
    Back in 1987 when I was pregnant, midwife took hold of my hand and looked at it, I asked her what she was doing, she said checking to see if you're a dwarf, I snatched my hand back and said indignantly I'm not a dwarf. It's one of those things that stays in the mind forever.

I thought the most common thing to catch when going fishing is a cold.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

welcome in Emmily.Warm Welcome To You

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks both of you for you welcome message,I have found a nice comfy chair.

Adruml, that's a Baileys I'm drinking. I have cheap version of Irish Cream every weekend. I'm on Baileys email list and get offers of free mini sample bottles, the last one I had was Chocolate Baileys, mmmm it was nice.

Trish, I'm 4tf 11 and a half, that half inch is important when under 5ft though I've not been measured for years, so I may well have shrunk too.
    Back in 1987 when I was pregnant, midwife took hold of my hand and looked at it, I asked her what she was doing, she said checking to see if you're a dwarf, I snatched my hand back and said indignantly I'm not a dwarf. It's one of those things that stays in the mind forever.

I thought the most common thing to catch when going fishing is a cold.
    Careful with that Baileys here, Sues drinks that also but hides it in her coffee.

Aren't the little people from Alice in Wonderland called Dwarfs/Dwarves? Folks get easily offended nowadays.
    I remember I was having a conversation with someone and I was talking about little people as there were several in the area I was having this conversation. I made the mistake of using the word dwarf and one of them came up to me and said "I'm not happy" so I said oh, then which one are you?

Thread Information