Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    instead of turkey please make mine duck
    Sorry, only had one Duck and cooked that a few weeks ago.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

duck is supreme for me

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    duck is supreme for me
    Me too but not good for gout. Every 3 months I can handle it.

Hi guys,
    today I have taken receipt of a new calor gas stove with double burners and grill, a new camping table and a whistling kettle!
    It took me best part of the afternoon to get everything fixed up and working - the instructions for the stove were rubbish - it took me 20 minutes to be able to open it all up and lift the lid!
    I finally managed it - got it connected up to the gas bottle - and then waited for ole JR to come home.
    He had no idea I was getting this stuff - and oh boy - was he delighted!
    I cooked him home-made chips (fries for you US guys!) pork chops, sausages and tomatoes under the grill, fried egg and garden peas.
    A small side salad for garnish.
    We both sat outside in the sunshine while the food was cooking, enjoying a couple of glasses of wine and chatting away.
    Just soooo perfect, precious time spent together.
    Bugger standing around an indoor stove cooking in summer when the sun is shining!

Oh Wyo - you always have so much to do.
    I hope that you get a good price for your wheat.
    Don't tell me about crooked management - we had our fair share of these rogues when we had our home/shop in Florida.
    They bled us dry - and unbeknown to us - they were all working together.
    We couldn't actually work in our own shop, as we didn't have the E2 visa - so our 'advisor' recommended a manageress for our shop - found out later that she was ripping us off - and she was the 'advisor's' mistress!

I won't go into all the sordid details, but we lost thousands of $$ - ah well, c'est la vie! Water under the bridge.

Tony, I hope you enjoy your lager and egg omelette, and Al - hope you have some good fiery dips for those turkey wings!
    Well done for getting everything done in 5 hours.

Sues - hope you are fishing in the river in your beloved NY - and Winston is guarding your catch!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I didn't really give Tony a concrete answer - some people got $8.50 on the market if they sold right after harvest last year. On the organic market you can get $15. That's per bushel. Don't know what it is at right now, I don't have any to sell, so I haven't checked it. It works out to about 5 cents per loaf of bread for the farmer.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

yes it dosnt sound alot when its 5 cents a loaf

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hi guys,
    today I have taken receipt of a new calor gas stove with double burners and grill, a new camping table and a whistling kettle!
    It took me best part of the afternoon to get everything fixed up and working - the instructions for the stove were rubbish - it took me 20 minutes to be able to open it all up and lift the lid!
    I finally managed it - got it connected up to the gas bottle - and then waited for ole JR to come home.
    He had no idea I was getting this stuff - and oh boy - was he delighted!
    I cooked him home-made chips (fries for you US guys!) pork chops, sausages and tomatoes under the grill, fried egg and garden peas.
    A small side salad for garnish.
    We both sat outside in the sunshine while the food was cooking, enjoying a couple of glasses of wine and chatting away.
    Just soooo perfect, precious time spent together.
    Bugger standing around an indoor stove cooking in summer when the sun is shining!

Oh Wyo - you always have so much to do.
    I hope that you get a good price for your wheat.
    Don't tell me about crooked management - we had our fair share of these rogues when we had our home/shop in Florida.
    They bled us dry - and unbeknown to us - they were all working together.
    We couldn't actually work in our own shop, as we didn't have the E2 visa - so our 'advisor' recommended a manageress for our shop - found out later that she was ripping us off - and she was the 'advisor's' mistress!

I won't go into all the sordid details, but we lost thousands of $$ - ah well, c'est la vie! Water under the bridge.

Tony, I hope you enjoy your lager and egg omelette, and Al - hope you have some good fiery dips for those turkey wings!
    Well done for getting everything done in 5 hours.

Sues - hope you are fishing in the river in your beloved NY - and Winston is guarding your catch!
    Sounds like a nice stove Trish. Enjoy!

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Sounds like a nice stove Trish. Enjoy!
    we are having the evening meal in the garden but all cooked from the oven unless salad.
    cheers Tony

Don't put your salad in the oven Tony!

Yes, Al - it's a nice stove and I love it.
    JR is working tonight at the Royal British Legion Club, so I had to get a rather quick meal - he fancied a jacket spud, chicken and sweetcorn.
    I microwaved the potato and sweetcorn, and defrosted the barbequed chicken portions from the last barby! Simples!

Picked a few fresh strawberries for dessert - served with fresh double cream.
    Man - you should see the size of my strawberries - they are the biggest I have ever grown.
    Bigger than ping pong balls!

Name:  DSC01760.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  145.8 KB

The Raspberry canes are so full of berries I don't know what to do with them. We still have jam and frozen berries in the freezer from last year! (Have to sling them now) Maybe the birds will enjoy them.

I'm sooooo excited - Lucia and Dan are coming tomorrow evening - my little baby daughter who I love and miss so much.
    Just in the process of making up their beds, which is tiring in this lovely hot weather.
    I should be outside sunbathing!
    or swigging beer and swimming in your pool Al!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fortunately we have been doing quite well eating up all the leftovers around here. I hate throwing food away...grrr!

Should be a nice weekend coming up. Mid to high 80s, no rain, Christine's son will be working all weekend and best of all no plans for anyone coming over.

We are going to set up a new Gazebo/Tent Christine bought for her Art display. She has a show coming up at "Big Foot Band Camp" http://www.bigfootbandcamp.com/ 4 day Music fest. We are only staying for 2 days but it's a campground so all the luxuries of home will still be at home.

We'll get the Gazebo set up then see what else we need to get for her display. We have the tables already but I keep telling her she needs some material to close off 3 sides to create a main entry into her area. Of course we will need some battery operated lights both to see as well as spot lights for her artwork. I already figured it would be...set up the Gazebo jump in the pool, set up a table in the Gazebo then jump in the pool. We can just sit back look at the set up then decide what else it needs.

I can't decide if I should buy a tent or just get mosquito netting for one of our pop up Gazebos to sleep in. Just not sure (I'm not a huge camping fan) I do know my Little Red Kamado Grill will be fired up all day for both days!

Thread Information