eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I am a greenpea, just joined today.

Smile Hi I am a greenpea, just joined today.

In the process of letting all my ebay auctions end, for good. Started listing today with this site. Just wanted to say Hi. I feel a bit nervous, but holding my own on learning a new system. How does this compare? Hoping for great success. Any personal thoughts to help me with my jitters. Thanks, Lori

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hi I am a greenpea, just joined today.

Welcome to ebid, Lori! Just have a good look around in the forums and you will find lots of advise. Also, you can use the help tab at the top of this page and find How To Videos and other helpful info. If you run into a problem come back and ask specific questions and some of the friendly folks will help you. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hardlyeverworn View Post
    In the process of letting all my ebay auctions end, for good. Started listing today with this site. Just wanted to say Hi. I feel a bit nervous, but holding my own on learning a new system. How does this compare? Hoping for great success. Any personal thoughts to help me with my jitters. Thanks, Lori
    Welcome to ebid. Glad you joined us. Read the tips on the forums on how to promote your items. eBid is not as well known as the big guy, but people are finding us. Think about how you found us and use it to your advantage. Social networking does wonders. I just opened a google plus account and my items are now on the first page of google searches and google shopping. If you sell collectibles, get an exemption for your stores so your items will be uploaded to google shopping. Of course the exemption is not necessary if you don't want your items on google shopping. To get an exemption for your store, just search the ebid forums for google exemption and you will see a discussion about it. Or just click the help at the top right of any ebid page.

If you get stuck somewhere, just come back to the forums and someone will be along to assist. We're a friendly group.

Best wishes in your sales. And make sure you tell family, friends, and associates about ebid.

Welcome, Lori. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. There are some friendly and helpful people on the boards. (A few of them bite though .... hahaha just kidding)

There are a lot of threads with selling advice already here and some how to videos as well.

There isn't the traffic here as that other site ... the one that must not be named. Hopefully more buyers and sellers will find eBid and the volume of goods for sale will increase.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid. Agree with the above, check out the Help videos and Astral's FAQ page for newbies, list and promote as much as you can and have fun. Oh and any questions, just ask, we don't bite, well, not all that hard anyhow.

Astral's FAQ page for newbies:
    http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

And a warm welcome from the UK as well

Hi Ginny
    I was just looking at Google +. What is the charge? I sell clothing, will it work for that. I put the title of a pair of Lucky jeans I am selling on ebid and low and behold I came up on the first page. I am impressed. I tried it with another listing from you know who and nada, only powerselllers came up. Thanks for all your advice. I am so glad I made this move.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlyeverworn View Post
    Hi Ginny
    I was just looking at Google +. What is the charge? I sell clothing, will it work for that. I put the title of a pair of Lucky jeans I am selling on ebid and low and behold I came up on the first page. I am impressed. I tried it with another listing from you know who and nada, only powerselllers came up. Thanks for all your advice. I am so glad I made this move.
    There is no charge for google +. It is googles social networking site like facebook.

I followed a link on this site from the admin. for exemption and google just said we received your message. How will I know if I am on Google? Thanks

Thread Information