My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

Default Re: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I couldnt begin to offer buy-nows on ebay. to be honest. The fees would wipe out any profit, and I am not clearing out my things for fun, I am paying for university. Ebid does allow better selling options!
    Dont blame you - everyone has to list in the way which generates most profit.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

Wow, congrats, that's awesome!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Many of the items are cheaper here - although only slightly in most cases (I supply many outlets wholesale, and I have given my word I wont undercut their retail price).
    I never list in both fixed price and auction format anywhere - always fixed price.
    Only difference is the variation listings over there - it certainly encourages multiple purchases, although I dont base my ratio of number of items sold here and there - it is based on number of actual transactions - eg a customer buys 4 items - i just count that as one transaction.

That is the main reason I would love to see ''variation'' listings here, and also the reason I am thinking about changing all my items here into a sub category for each breed. It makes it so much easier for buyers to see all the items they are interested in in one bash - eg, someone with a labrador isnt interested in ploughing thru 10,000 items - it is a lot easier for them to see just the labrador items.

It wouldnt actually help me with listing - it is a lot of work setting up variation listings - would take me about 3 months work to do them for here - mainly just for ease of use for customers.

As for changing my items here into sub-categories for each breed (there are approximately 200) - if anyone can come up with a fairly simple way to do this, would really appreciate any suggestions.
    Once this is done, I could set up links for each breed, and include with my sales on all sites.

(edit - op sorry to go off topic slightly - was just answering Kimbo's questions)
    I may be way off here but instead of dividing them into the various breeds,how about subs for types,terriers(instead of fox bull etc) large dogs instead of st bernards danes etc,lap dogs or small breeds etc etc,just a starting off point but may be a lot less work than breed specific for each sub.

Best of luck to you and congrats to the sellers

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    I may be way off here but instead of dividing them into the various breeds,how about subs for types,terriers(instead of fox bull etc) large dogs instead of st bernards danes etc,lap dogs or small breeds etc etc,just a starting off point but may be a lot less work than breed specific for each sub.

Best of luck to you and congrats to the sellers
    As it happens i was looking thru the Kennel Club categories to see if it could be done this way.

Am looking at the possibility

Thanks for suggestion - appreciated

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck to you,hope you get it all sorted out easily enough and as time friendly as possible

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    Good luck to you,hope you get it all sorted out easily enough and as time friendly as possible
    Thats the main problem - gonna be a long job whichever way it goes - and needs to be done fairly quickly once started, otherwise my store is gonna look a real mess. Doubt very much if I can make sure i got a free week minimum to do it.
    Thinking about downloading all 10,000 items into ninja, ending them all temporarily, then starting all the categories again, then changing them in ninja, and re-uploading.
    Good grief it took long enough to type that sentence, let alone implement it!

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well this may be of little consolation but before I started listing our sportscards here,I had to take inventory of everything we had in stock,everything we had from our old walk in store and the non stop items my husband brings in from various shows,to date our home currently stocks well over a million sports cards and I have managed to sort about 50 000 that are ready to list

Time is really an obstacle it seems in your case as you already have your items listed,perhaps if you can do them in sections,say start with large breeds,ninja them sub the cat upload take a breather and on to the next and so on.To do it in one fell swoop would seem almost impossible,

I have been looking at the canadian kennel club for any reference into dividing up breeds to maybe help you along but so far I am at an impasse as the large breeds,medium breeds etc can be,in my opinion interpreted differently by different potential buyers eg a boxer,medium sized dog,some would say large dog as they are not truly familiar with a truly large dog be it a newfoundland or pyrennes mountain dog so it is a daunting task with a few hurdles to jump but I am sure you will find a way and if I can get around to digging into it some more and find something I may think is useful I will be sure to post or message you

Best of luck

Think it's all a matter of 'what's in a name.' Ebid still does not have the kudos of Ebay. But it's getting there. It still defeats us,though,why someone chose to pay more on Ebay when they could have bought far cheaper here on Ebid for the same thing! Any answers...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunters_Moon View Post
    Think it's all a matter of 'what's in a name.' Ebid still does not have the kudos of Ebay. But it's getting there. It still defeats us,though,why someone chose to pay more on Ebay when they could have bought far cheaper here on Ebid for the same thing! Any answers...?
    I purely think it is down to habit.

Shoppers are very habitual people.
    For example - I always shop at Tesco - although I know the same items are available elsewhere - and just the same distance from home.

Congrats on the sales i remember chating with you when not so long ago that sales were nill. and i had just moved into ebid from ebay and stated that ebid was going to take off like a wild fire and it sure seems to be. that is great that you are doing better now i feel it will get even better yet as more people find out about ebid and what it offers seller and buyers and that is resonable priced items. again good job i know that you have worked hard for the sales
    Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    excellent - the more it happens the better. I eagerly await the day I can pretty much stop using the other side completely
    This is My Famous E-bid Store.
    http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/

This is My Famous Summer Fun Store
    http://summer-fun.ebid.net/

Treasures-Galor
    http://treasures-galor.ebid.net/

http://us.ebid.net/buddy/714173

Thread Information