eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

Ebay - 5 items
    Ebid - 16 items (but one looks like a non payer, still thats 10 more sales than ebay. LOL)

WAY TO GO!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

That is the way it is for me.

Ebid outsells Ebay
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    All-About darklisruthven
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again, in the past 7 days I have sold more items on ebid than on ebay

excellent - the more it happens the better. I eagerly await the day I can pretty much stop using the other side completely

Hey .... congrats to you both!
    Lovely to see such wonderful, positive posts.
    You have obviously put in a lot of hard work, and are reaping the benefits.
    Well done, keep up the good work!
    xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I darent post my sales ratio here - even tho I have 8,500 thousand listings more here than over there.

Dont get me wrong - I would love it to be the other way round!

Good to see folks doing well here tho!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I darent post my sales ratio here - even tho I have 8,500 thousand listings more here than over there.

Dont get me wrong - I would love it to be the other way round!

Good to see folks doing well here tho!
    Without getting into the numbers, which I respect your choice to avoid, can you say... do you list in the same way on both sites? Same item, same option between fixed price and auction format, and do you adjust the price here to reflect the lower costs?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Without getting into the numbers, which I respect your choice to avoid, can you say... do you list in the same way on both sites? Same item, same option between fixed price and auction format, and do you adjust the price here to reflect the lower costs?
    Many of the items are cheaper here - although only slightly in most cases (I supply many outlets wholesale, and I have given my word I wont undercut their retail price).
    I never list in both fixed price and auction format anywhere - always fixed price.
    Only difference is the variation listings over there - it certainly encourages multiple purchases, although I dont base my ratio of number of items sold here and there - it is based on number of actual transactions - eg a customer buys 4 items - i just count that as one transaction.

That is the main reason I would love to see ''variation'' listings here, and also the reason I am thinking about changing all my items here into a sub category for each breed. It makes it so much easier for buyers to see all the items they are interested in in one bash - eg, someone with a labrador isnt interested in ploughing thru 10,000 items - it is a lot easier for them to see just the labrador items.

It wouldnt actually help me with listing - it is a lot of work setting up variation listings - would take me about 3 months work to do them for here - mainly just for ease of use for customers.

As for changing my items here into sub-categories for each breed (there are approximately 200) - if anyone can come up with a fairly simple way to do this, would really appreciate any suggestions.
    Once this is done, I could set up links for each breed, and include with my sales on all sites.

(edit - op sorry to go off topic slightly - was just answering Kimbo's questions)
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 18th January 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Many of the items are cheaper here - although only slightly in most cases (I supply many outlets wholesale, and I have given my word I wont undercut their retail price).
    I never list in both fixed price and auction format anywhere - always fixed price.
    Only difference is the variation listings over there - it certainly encourages multiple purchases, although I dont base my ratio of number of items sold here and there - it is based on number of actual transactions - eg a customer buys 4 items - i just count that as one transaction.

That is the main reason I would love to see ''variation'' listings here, and also the reason I am thinking about changing all my items here into a sub category for each breed. It makes it so much easier for buyers to see all the items they are interested in in one bash - eg, someone with a labrador isnt interested in ploughing thru 10,000 items - it is a lot easier for them to see just the labrador items.

It wouldnt actually help me with listing - it is a lot of work setting up variation listings - would take me about 3 months work to do them for here - mainly just for ease of use for customers.
    Interesting, thank you for answering in detail. I think it's enlightening about where the sites are in relation to a certain type of listing, that shop front lots of stock, lots of options thing still seems a big step forward here. I agree that variation listings would help with that - not something I need myself, but I do think it would be a boon for the site, and help with the problem of duplicate listings too. My gut feeling is that this is more like ebay in its early days, a *collectors* haven. Nice for unusual bits, one-off collectibles. Which is great... but more would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Interesting, thank you for answering in detail. I think it's enlightening about where the sites are in relation to a certain type of listing, that shop front lots of stock, lots of options thing still seems a big step forward here. I agree that variation listings would help with that - not something I need myself, but I do think it would be a boon for the site, and help with the problem of duplicate listings too. My gut feeling is that this is more like ebay in its early days, a *collectors* haven. Nice for unusual bits, one-off collectibles. Which is great... but more would be even better.
    Very much agree with that - it is probably sellers of collectibles etc that attract more buyers to this site than all the others put together.

Forum Master
    All-About darklisruthven
    Forum Posts

I couldnt begin to offer buy-nows on ebay. to be honest. The fees would wipe out any profit, and I am not clearing out my things for fun, I am paying for university. Ebid does allow better selling options!

Thread Information