Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Mid to High End Jewelry Sellers, These Questions Are For You.

Forum Newbie
    All-About 349FineJewelry
    View 349FineJewelry's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Mid to High End Jewelry Sellers, These Questions Are For You.

I've been hitting the live auction scene since November 2011 and I've picked up some stuff valued (insurance appraisals) anywhere from $500 to $5,000. I've been trying to sell it since day one on various sites with no luck at all. eBay is a total waste of time for this stuff, as is WebStore. If you're currently selling mid to high end items, these few questions are for you.

1. How many sales do you average on eBid for items priced in the $350-$2,200 range in a month.

2. What other outlets do you find work well for these higher priced items?

3. Auction or buy now, which works best and how do you price your staring bid or buy now price?

4. I have insurance appraisals for everything. Do you find this helps in selling something?

5. Are you getting decent traffic to your listings? (On eBay I often got 0 views)

My whole goal from the get go has been to turn merchandise over as quickly as possible without giving it away and also providing the customer with a healthy discount compared to a retail outlet. So far, not so good, which is a shame because some of this stuff is really nice.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Mid to High End Jewelry Sellers, These Questions Are For You.

Quote Originally Posted by 349FineJewelry View Post
    I've been hitting the live auction scene since November 2011 and I've picked up some stuff valued (insurance appraisals) anywhere from $500 to $5,000. I've been trying to sell it since day one on various sites with no luck at all. eBay is a total waste of time for this stuff, as is WebStore. If you're currently selling mid to high end items, these few questions are for you.

1. How many sales do you average on eBid for items priced in the $350-$2,200 range in a month.

2. What other outlets do you find work well for these higher priced items?

3. Auction or buy now, which works best and how do you price your staring bid or buy now price?

4. I have insurance appraisals for everything. Do you find this helps in selling something?

5. Are you getting decent traffic to your listings? (On eBay I often got 0 views)

My whole goal from the get go has been to turn merchandise over as quickly as possible without giving it away and also providing the customer with a healthy discount compared to a retail outlet. So far, not so good, which is a shame because some of this stuff is really nice.
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

Not sure I'm the right person to answer this, as I sell vintage costume jewelry, (non-pricey), but I do have fairly regular sales. I also have a number of views on my items. I don't offer insurance as my items aren't $$$, though I do use Priority Mail with delivery confirmation for all jewelry items.

You may want to repost this question on the Kitchen Table to get more answers.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post

You may want to repost this question on the Kitchen Table to get more answers.

Whats the use of having all the different forums if people are always told to post on the Kitchen Table to get more answers. Surely jewellery sellers will read the jewellery forums and most members on the KT will have no idea of an answer to a jewellery question
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Whats the use of having all the different forums if people are always told to post on the Kitchen Table to get more answers. Surely jewellery sellers will read the jewellery forums and most members on the KT will have no idea of an answer to a jewellery question
    KT has higher traffic and members are more likely to check those posts. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information