eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This years EcommerceBytes Survey has started - your chance to nominate ebid

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: This years EcommerceBytes Survey has started - your chance to nominate ebid

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeAntiquities View Post
    I just tried but the survey is now closed. I have to say I have been on ebid for about six weeks, paid the life membership fee because of the way the site looks after an initial glance. I listed a few things that sell very well on ebay and the results are a bit fat Zero. In the same time on ebay, two of the items have sold 18 pieces. So, I started looking more closely and realised that all was not what it appeared at first glance: those big feedbacks? not from ebid sales but brought over from other sites. When you look at someone who has a realistic feedback of 20-30 you see that that 20-30 feedback has taken a couple of years to accrue at the rate of one feedback a month. My wife starting listed on ebay at the start of December and she has had 46 sales in six weeks of the same stuff that is listed on ebid and which has had no sales. One of the fossils that had sold 13 items on ebay is actually listed 10% cheaper on ebid and still no interest. Ebid may be OK for people who have low end stuff that does not warrant paying an entry fee on Ebay but if you have sensibly priced stuff that sells anywhere else I don't think ebid is worth the time spent listing the stuff.

Hmmm…I just write again…Hmmmm…..what now…?......I ''hope'' potential '' buyers' will not read this...

Default Re: This years EcommerceBytes Survey has started - your chance to nominate ebid

I just tried but the survey is now closed. I have to say I have been on ebid for about six weeks, paid the life membership fee because of the way the site looks after an initial glance. I listed a few things that sell very well on ebay and the results are a bit fat Zero. In the same time on ebay, two of the items have sold 18 pieces. So, I started looking more closely and realised that all was not what it appeared at first glance: those big feedbacks? not from ebid sales but brought over from other sites. When you look at someone who has a realistic feedback of 20-30 you see that that 20-30 feedback has taken a couple of years to accrue at the rate of one feedback a month. My wife starting listed on ebay at the start of December and she has had 46 sales in six weeks of the same stuff that is listed on ebid and which has had no sales. One of the fossils that had sold 13 items on ebay is actually listed 10% cheaper on ebid and still no interest. Ebid may be OK for people who have low end stuff that does not warrant paying an entry fee on Ebay but if you have sensibly priced stuff that sells anywhere else I don't think ebid is worth the time spent listing the stuff.
    My feedback isn't imported and it starts from 2008 when I first started selling here full time and not from 2005 when I first joined eBid. If you want instant sales then fine pay the high fees on the other side. Myself I would rather sell here and have the wonderful support that eBid gives it's sellers. I might not sell so quickly but I'm not having to dish out huge amounts of cash in relisting fees like I used to do over there.

If you want to sell here then I would take the time to read all the helpful selling tips here in the forums which obviously you haven't done yet as I see your about me page hasn't been filled in and you are using run until sold on all your items which keeps them at the bottom of the lists. Ebid is a selling platform and it is up to the individual seller to make it work for them.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to comment on your fossils. I saw three different items when I looked. Two of them are run of the mill items that you can buy just about anywhere. A 10% discount is hardly going to bring buyers in in large numbers. In addition, in one case, I have similar items listed at a lower price. The third listing, the rhynconella brachiopods, are quite attractive (meaning I wouldn't mind some in my collection) but the spelling is incorrect so they won't be found except by buyers browsing.

Unfortunately, I've never had much time to devote to listing in the rocks and fossils section. I've got a lot to list but up to now I've just slapped on a few fossils and minerals that were getting in my way. Of those, the microfossil residue (surely the most obscure) is the best seller. I think that's something of a clue if you want to make sales.

Incidentally, I did go to the trouble of producing this photogallery of items I've sold on eBid a while back - https://picasaweb.google.com/1037852...CTORSREFERENCE# mainly to combat the sweeping generalizations about sales that we tend to see on these forums. Unfortunately it only contains a few of the items I've sold (which must be well over 4000 by now) and I haven't bothered updating it for a while.To be honest I've got more profitable things to do with my time.

If I were you I would rethink what you list and how (avoid run-til-sold format for instance as cornishmaid suggests), you may find it's worth it in the end.
    Last edited by kedo; 21st January 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

That’s right ‘’cornish’….but I like to see from potential member who try to sign up I like to see BEFORE person sigh up check out all things and ask all questions about this site, selling, buying, listing…ask BEFORE and you can always ask this like the buyer only and you can go on eBid threads and check out all stuff and I think after that for many will be much clearer how eBid can suit you or not for about your items if you try to become the seller +, and I think after that we all not see many complains in here from new members or complaining about the money for signing up…And by the way many in here say eBid is it first alternative auction site to try to sell your items if someone can’t survive much on eBay…but I think like you ‘’cornish’’ eBid is it very good a selling platform and way of different from eBay traffic, selling, buying….and all is up to only the seller if going to make in here or not and would be nice from eBid to put simple explanation on $49.49 fee for life time membership likes: ‘’For that money you going to have a selling platform from which you can list your items without listing fees, with 5 own free stores and with 2% fee if your item is sold’’ (In my personal opinion again this is a good deal)…and that would be much clearer for many new potential members and less complaining in here after sign ups…Well…this is only my opinion and again I think eBid it is a more ‘’a selling platform’’ because auction site have: big advertising from auction site, all helpful tools which exist directly on auction site with already on it likes: watchers, best offer options, API, and many more things from which many buyers’ and sellers’ use for many years from bigger auction site…So in the end first alternative auction site in my opinion not suits perfect it suits like I write already ‘’A selling platform’’ is just similar if you try and build your own and pay low monthly fees or yearly and you will not have big advertising from company who give you that platform and you will not have all helpful tools which exist on some auction sites but like in here if you have a own store you can go on Google and do all necessary things to make sure your items will be uploaded on Google shopping…and likes in here after that ‘’You’re on your own’’…get busy and try to make sales for yourself…Is just my personal opinion only and eBid it is very good selling platform and is still only up to particular seller will make it or not even on that selling platform and this is all ‘’only’’ for the sellers’ who try only to sell own items without anything else…without writing around other stuff…

P.S. If we have that explanation I think ‘’LodgeAntiques’’ and others who expecting to see similar selling likes on eBay will NOT complain much….or not complaining at all because if we try to explain many new members not checking all stuff before sign ups, not checking eBid threads much for orientation and after we explain already is late because that particular member gives the money and ‘’expect’’ a miracle for that money….and because of that we have like this threads likes from ‘’LodgeAntiques’’…in business any business must be ‘’very clear’’ what you can have for your own money…just explain in true and in clear way to the end…....

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

All the feedback showing for me is from eBid - I have been here 22 months now. It does not include many buyers who have not left feedback, probably because they only wanted to buy the items and were not interested in the feedback system. eBid works for me!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    All the feedback showing for me is from eBid - I have been here 22 months now. It does not include many buyers who have not left feedback, probably because they only wanted to buy the items and were not interested in the feedback system. eBid works for me!
    Ditto that.

BTW: When is the survey going to be out so we can vote?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

You were obviously not happy with ebay which is why looked elsewhere.
    Obviously ebid is nowhere near as big as ebay, so you cannot expect similar sales.
    There are not many viable alternatives to ebay, so we all have to support sites such as ebid as best we can, if we do not want to be beholden to ebay only.

Keep listing and following the forums advice etc, and you should get some sales.

And yes we'll have to keep an eye out for Ina's survey

Thread Information