Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie questions!

Default Newbie questions!

Hi folks! I'm new and wanted to say I love the site - compared to Ebay its a breath of fresh air! It deserves to be more popular than Ebay because its so much fairer on fees, and easier to use. I have some questions which i'm sure you experienced sellers have heard tons of times - my apologies! My first - I have views in my shop but no sales yet - is this normal? How long did it take you experienced folk to start selling regularly? Also I have no feedback rating as yet, could this be putting off buyers? I hope not because its rather a catch 22 situation! If anyone has anything to suggest about my shop that could improve it i'd be really grateful!
    Thanks and wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie questions!

Hello, and welcome to eBid! I tooka peek at a few of your listings and a few things came to mind:
    1. All your auctions are Run Until Sold (RUS). Doing this will keep your listings at the "bottom of the pile" so-to-speak. It might be better to run them as Buy It Now, using 10 day duration, 10 auto-relists. This accomplishes two things: you won't have to mess with relisting for 100 days, plus your listings will move up within the category as it gets closer to the end for better views by potential buyers.
    2. Your pics are rather blurred/fuzzy looking. Any chance you can zero-in your camera a bit better?
    3. Put a signature link to your listings here in the forum...that way we can quickly get to your goodies to view.
    4. I see you are only offering to sell to the UK. You might reconsider and offer to other countries which will give you many more potential buyers, eh?!

Just a few thoughts...welcome to eBid .. I wish you all the best!

It takes a while to get yourself established on eBid as it's a smaller site without the huge audience that the other side has. You will need to do a little work as the alternative to paying huge fees. Have a look at the promote eBid and your eBid shop forum there's lots of good ideas up there and get your shop onto any websites that other kind eBidders are offering.

If you already have established customers from over the road then let them know you have moved and can let them have a better deal here because of the low fees.

You can do a single thread in the plug your auctions forum which can be bumped once every 24 hours to promote your items.

As for feedback you can import it if you want to but I never bothered as everybody has to start somewhere. I just put a repatoo button on my about me page so if anybody was really interested in my past then they could click on that.

I think sales have slowed in general at the moment because of the economic climate, not just on eBid, so don't be disheartened there are sales to be made here just don't expect such a quick turn around.

Good luck !

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome!! Looking good....would follow the above advice.

Also, I would change the category in your store from ANIMALS (which doesn't really tell me anything), to several, more descriptive:
    Maybe something like:

Jewelry
    Key Rings
    Telephone Accessories

That way, people can home in on what they are interested in, without plowing through things they don't want to see, and getting frustrated. You have the items separated by category already, but your store doesn't follow the same format......
    good luck!
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 31st December 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@OP
    Some people sell things within a few days
    Others take months.
    I can depend on what you are selling and for how much.

Some good hints above
    One way of getting some feedback is to buy a few things
    This will help fellow ebid members, and get you to understand how it all works.
    I ran a few specials to get my first sales on the board.

Thanks so much for all the excellent advice! I've made quite a few changes and reorganized my store so fingers crossed!

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you put a Buy It Now price on your auctions then they'll be uploaded to Google shopping. Also, I would advise you to have your auctions start at a price you'd be happy to accept rather than putting a reserve on (which deters bidders)
    Good luck

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed with all the suggestions up above and welcome to ebid!

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Pinky
    It looks to me like you've made a good start! I cant see you having any problems selling your stuff, you are already taking on board the good advice offered and I like your store, good prices too.
    Good luck and welcome to ebid! .

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    If you put a Buy It Now price on your auctions then they'll be uploaded to Google shopping. ..
    Is it still that simple? I haven't really followed the discussion since I'm not interested in Google Shopping, but I thought there were all sorts of hoops about barcodes and description content and goodness knows what else that people had to jump through these days.

Thread Information