eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    These are standard responses I have had myself since the beginning of December..........

If you would please not cast accusations like that I would appreciate it.
    Wow, sorry, I think you read that as rather more accusatory than I meant it - I posted in a hurry and might have worded it clumsily. Just quickly try to check I wasn't dropping anybody in it by mistakenly giving the impression what *I* had said was something official. So apologies for whatever accusation you think I was making!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

It can't be all wrong cos I'm on there at the moment

However so is

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...ing&type=other

who hasn't signed in for 5 months.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…’’Try me’’…I signed in every day in the past more of 520 days and not only signed in I list every day in the past more of 520 days minimum 10 new items and here we go again ‘’Dzambo’’ end up again on hot seller list…I am not that ‘’hot’’ but I sold some of…and anyway maybe must be mistake because as I read before someone mention all sellers’ who selling low priced items like collectibles and stamps is not going to be shown on hot seller list anymore if sold not enough amount of the money to be shown…and like I write I don’t have problem for that too…but all other sellers’ with ‘’incredible’’ information’s and sales too if end up on hot seller list will cause again ‘’a little mess’’ from some of potential members who check daily our stuff…...

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I only look at the hot seller list if I see it mentioned here...I don't care whether I am on it or not.

I only look at the hot seller list if I see it mentioned here...I don't care whether I am on it or not.
    I totally agree with you that I couldn't care less whether I am on there or not, it does not produce any extra sales. But I do care about the impression it gives people thinking of starting to sell on here who are checking around the site looking for evidence of sales and how potentially busy you can be. It bothers me that many who have looked at that list over the last couple of months would have run a mile........ more sellers = more choice and more choice = more buyers. Something has gone badly wrong since the beginning of December and it bothers me that the site is looking a bit dodgy because of it - it affects is all.

I have a solution................ don't call it the 'hot sellers list', change the wording to something else...... because its clearly not a 'hot seller list' and is making a mockery of the site in its present form.

Or change it completely - rather than sellers, change it to 'items recently sold' - so you could have fast algorithm turnaround of products to incorporate a complete cross section of the site rather than excluding certain categories.

I would just like this sorted out - because I really would rather be typing new listings and conversing with buyers than typing on here.

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    And I notice that on some of the overseas sites (eg France, Ireland) the Hot Sellers list is empty. Maybe no one from those countries has ever sold anything?!
    No the list is always populated here and nearly always the same items are appearing. Two of my purchases ended up on the hot list and are still there. I'm after making my 5th sale and I don't even appear on the expanded page. Now I see what everyone is talking about and yes it is something that needs to be looked at. Here's a bump!

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another bump, its clearly still not fixed.

I agree change the name it looks so bs when you have a hot seller whos not?
    Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I totally agree with you that I couldn't care less whether I am on there or not, it does not produce any extra sales. But I do care about the impression it gives people thinking of starting to sell on here who are checking around the site looking for evidence of sales and how potentially busy you can be. It bothers me that many who have looked at that list over the last couple of months would have run a mile........ more sellers = more choice and more choice = more buyers. Something has gone badly wrong since the beginning of December and it bothers me that the site is looking a bit dodgy because of it - it affects is all.

I have a solution................ don't call it the 'hot sellers list', change the wording to something else...... because its clearly not a 'hot seller list' and is making a mockery of the site in its present form.

Or change it completely - rather than sellers, change it to 'items recently sold' - so you could have fast algorithm turnaround of products to incorporate a complete cross section of the site rather than excluding certain categories.

I would just like this sorted out - because I really would rather be typing new listings and conversing with buyers than typing on here.
    This is My Famous E-bid Store.
    http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/

This is My Famous Summer Fun Store
    http://summer-fun.ebid.net/

Treasures-Galor
    http://treasures-galor.ebid.net/

http://us.ebid.net/buddy/714173

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just checked to see whether I was on the hot sellers list. I have sold 27 items since the beginning of February. No I am not.....

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry I haven't followed through on this as much as I'd hoped, I've had to step away a wee bit for lots of boring reasons. I think if anybody's serious about getting it looked at they need to put an actual support call in and provide some of the excellent examples provided here. Good luck!

Thread Information