eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I'm wondering if the glitch is related to the addition of
    New in last 24hrs
    Gross auction value
    Most Bids
    to the homepage?
    The timing would seem to be about right
    I've not heard anything more, so earlier this evening I sent a reminder to support with another link to this thread so they can see how upset people are getting.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    That explains why I haven't been on the list for a long time. I noticed a couple of other steady sellers of vintage items have also been missing. Our main store is Collectibles, and the one that just had a large sale is Stamps, so I guess I won't be appearing there any more.
    That’s ok…if we exclude collectibles and the stamps or any low priced item because even if the seller sell many in one time I think still low price for total sold items but some sellers’ maybe sell in the future higher priced items from that both categories I mean if the seller sell many items a sample for $2-$3 each and sell 20…30…40...in one time that would be nice sales and deserve the hot seller list, but items which is sold for couple cents in my opinion even if the seller sell many in one time again I say total price is still too low and will paint wrong picture on the hot seller list for potential members…personally for me I sold about a 100 items in the last 30 days or so but is not higher selling price even for the all from which I sold and I think is not ok to show up again on the hot seller list with that my sales but no big deal for me because what I need is very simple a 100 or a little less sales a day for me for that low priced items I always exchange that sales for the hot seller list, I hope for sales daily in that numbers and after that I not much worry for the hot seller list…because couple cents plus couple cents will build very high amount of the money for the sales in the end of month if I can make reach that number of sales daily and like I say I have enough stuff to fill out that numbers daily if I sold like this daily…on other things likes ‘’dean’’ write already eBid need to watch all stuff which he write already because that stuff too will paint wrong picture too…banned items, fakes items, breaking eBid rules…
    A sample…
    Sellers with products banned in the US and EU - because it can cause heart problems......
    Sellers with telephone numbers in their listings.....
    Sellers with direct links in their 'all about page' to their private sales website........
    Sellers with direct links to Ebay.........
    Fake goods.........
    Telephone numbers in the banner......

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Should be renamed "random seller list"

Well, the U.S. Hot Seller's list now includes a store in the Collectibles category, so maybe that part of the problem has been fixed. However, it also includes a seller who's last logon date was December 20, 2011 and another who was last here on January 1, 2012. I hope potential new customers are just looking for the categories they want and either ignoring the Hot Seller's list, or not going through the individual listings. It certainly gives a pitiful impression, doesn't it?

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

And I notice that on some of the overseas sites (eg France, Ireland) the Hot Sellers list is empty. Maybe no one from those countries has ever sold anything?!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had it confirmed to me *again* that nothing has changed, and they're not seeing any particular problem. Does anybody have a detailed example of somebody on the list who hasn't sold anything, because I think that's what eBid believe the complaint is about - and they can't find anything of the sort they say. If there is a specific other problem (such as inactive sellers being included) can that be spelled out with examples as well (sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourselves, but up-to-date examples are obviously important ) and I'll point them the right way. Thanks.

Attachment 28949

Well the above was the example previously used - no auctions, not seen for 9 months and certainly no sales. This seller appeared on and off the list over a period of about 10 days. There were others around this time, although recently just about all have had sales......... some barely any with no value but nevertheless, some.

And here is a previous post - with an update on the outcome below:

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Here is a good example of the chaos that reigns at the moment on the "Not Sellers List" (pun intended)

Attachment 28723

Firstly not seen for 4 months and 10 days.............

Only recent sales are 2 x £1.99 products on the 17th January (yesterday). Last feedback for the seller was Saturday 5th November - which resulted in a big fat Negative........... because the seller is non existent.............

So how do we think those 2 recent sales are going to go.............. maybe the seller will turn up and complete the sale but it sends out the wrong signal to people looking to join Ebid who would look at that list and run a mile.... because it makes the site looks dead..

Non active seller + plus two small sales and they are on the hot sellers list.............

The result as I predicted was 2 negatives for no contact or goods and the seller has a line through their name...........

Beggars belief really, that a seller who hasn't been seen for months can make 2 sales at a total price of £3.98 and make the hot sellers list - so we have a buyer who probably won't use ebid again.......... and with them having been on the hot sellers list for a number of days last week it sends out an astoundingly bad message to people looking at this site wondering whether to join up.

I would say to anyone what a great site this is - sales are easy and excellent if you work at it....etc.... but it kind of makes that message harder to put across when the hot seller list has been like it has since early December.......

The really disturbing thing about the outcome to that is this.......... we have another two sellers on the hot sellers list at the moment who haven't been seen for 5 months who have sales and the outcome could well be the same as the above case...

For the life of me I cannot understand why we have had a hot seller list for the last couple of months that has been (for the most part) a shocking representation of inactivity, illegal listings and hardly any sales (if any at all). Not all have been bad of course I have seen some very good examples recently - but they have been outweighed by the not so good..

The standard reply's from Ebid are 'no alterations have been made to the hot seller list' and now we have 'please report any sellers appearing who haven't sold anything'

Unprofessional

Sellers who appear on the hot sellers list do not (in my opinion - and my sales stats prove) gain any extra sales out of it - all the list does is provide evidence to those who are looking to join up to the Ebid bandwagon that the site is busy (it is) and worth paying £50. The more sellers the better site this will be............ the hot sellers list previous to December was full of people who sold (a lot) and gave a good promotion to the site as an active marketplace.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

The standard reply's from Ebid are 'no alterations have been made to the hot seller list' and now we have 'please report any sellers appearing who haven't sold anything'
    Have you had such responses yourself? If not, please don't quote *MY* wording and claim it's a "standard reply from eBid". I'm merely reporting in my own words the gist of the replies I'm getting, I'm not claiming any particular wording. I'd hate to misrepresent them by mistake!

please don't quote *MY* wording and claim it's a "standard reply from eBid". I'm merely reporting in my own words the gist of the replies I'm getting, I'm not claiming any particular wording. I'd hate to misrepresent them by mistake!
    These are standard responses I have had myself since the beginning of December..........

If you would please not cast accusations like that I would appreciate it.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've had it confirmed to me *again* that nothing has changed, and they're not seeing any particular problem. Does anybody have a detailed example of somebody on the list who hasn't sold anything, because I think that's what eBid believe the complaint is about - and they can't find anything of the sort they say. If there is a specific other problem (such as inactive sellers being included) can that be spelled out with examples as well (sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourselves, but up-to-date examples are obviously important ) and I'll point them the right way. Thanks.
    An example at the moment is user NaturallyBetter's who is at the top of the Hot Sellers List (Yes the UK No1 Top Seller!) with just 2 auctions and last spotted over 6 months ago. It is extremely unlikely that this seller has made a lot of sale recently but there is, of course, no definitive way to check.

Thread Information