eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Default Re: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

I am one of those who has recently appeared on the hot seller list, I have been off and on it now for a week or so. I have been selling for over a year on eBid, so not new on here. My sales have been rising slowly, but have been lower since the New Year, so I too have no idea. I wish I did as then I could try to keep myself on there.

Any help to get me back on the list would be appreciated - here's my stores:

http://kreative-fashions.ebid.net/

http://kreative-books.ebid.net/

http://kreative-health-beauty.ebid.net/

http://uk.ebid.net/users/kreativebargains

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell around 100 items a month (88 so far this month) but I haven’t appeared on the list since November though I used to appear now and again. Not regularly but just occasionally. I don’t know how this compares with others that are listed there currently but I suspect that either the algorithm has been intentionally changed to give wider coverage or there is a fault with it. Either way it would just be nice if eBid clarified the position.

Previously the Hot Sellers list tended to be dominated by a small group of sellers (mostly postage stamp and postcard sellers) but most of these haven’t appeared on there since early December. I am convinced something has changed and I wish eBid would give some feedback to this thread.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    I sell around 100 items a month (88 so far this month) but I haven’t appeared on the list since November though I used to appear now and again. Not regularly but just occasionally. I don’t know how this compares with others that are listed there currently but I suspect that either the algorithm has been intentionally changed to give wider coverage or there is a fault with it. Either way it would just be nice if eBid clarified the position.

Previously the Hot Sellers list tended to be dominated by a small group of sellers (mostly postage stamp and postcard sellers) but most of these haven’t appeared on there since early December. I am convinced something has changed and I wish eBid would give some feedback to this thread.
    As I said in post #43, eBid has already confirmed that they have not made any intentional changes. I have yet to hear from them about any bugs detected.

All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    As I said in post #43, eBid has already confirmed that they have not made any intentional changes. I have yet to hear from them about any bugs detected.
    Hi and thanks. It must be a bug then as there are still unlikely Hot Sellers listed with only a small number of auctions - unless of course people are selling out!! It’s been like that for about 6 weeks now, so do you think it will be fixed soon?

Here is a good example of the chaos that reigns at the moment on the "Not Sellers List" (pun intended)

Name:  goneaway1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  26.2 KB

Firstly not seen for 4 months and 10 days.............

Only recent sales are 2 x £1.99 products on the 17th January (yesterday). Last feedback for the seller was Saturday 5th November - which resulted in a big fat Negative........... because the seller is non existent.............

So how do we think those 2 recent sales are going to go.............. maybe the seller will turn up and complete the sale but it sends out the wrong signal to people looking to join Ebid who would look at that list and run a mile.... because it makes the site looks dead..

Non active seller + plus two small sales and they are on the hot sellers list.............

All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Here is a good example of the chaos that reigns at the moment on the "Not Sellers List" (pun intended)

The absent seller deanosaur rightly highlighted in the previous post is still on there today together with a number of other ‘low volume’ sellers. I do feel the current HS list gives the wrong impression to buyers. If I was new to this site and looked at the list and found a large proportion with low feedbacks and/or a small number of items for sale I wouldn’t be very impressed. Surely the Hot Sellers list should be the big sellers (counted in recent sales) not just any registered seller? It used to be up until early last December.
    Last edited by bunsock; 20th January 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Bad english!

Well this weeks 'Not Sellers list' has been busy............. not with sales but with:

Sellers with products banned in the US and EU - because it can cause heart problems......
    Sellers with telephone numbers in their listings.....
    Sellers with direct links in their 'all about page' to their private sales website........
    Sellers with direct links to Ebay.........
    Fake goods.........
    Telephone numbers in the banner......

Of course we have sellers who haven't shown their faces for awhile:

Attachment 28879

42 listings down to 25 for that seller - 17 listings removed rather than 17 sales

Sellers with primary stores in Collectables and Stamps are being excluded from the Hot Sellers List and have been since around December 10th - there have been a couple of sellers appear who have those products but only because of their additional or main listings in Home & Garden or Crafts etc........

So again another week goes by, the chaos remains. Any potential seller looking to join up to Ebid and looking for proof of sales in the 'hot sellers list' won't find any and will probably walk away.

Again I am happy to clarify - that the hot sellers list is primarily used by people looking around the site wondering if its worth joining up.........
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 24th January 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…if I say again my opinion….many will ‘’jump on me’’ again…but well huh…I like eBid and I support eBid with listing daily but I like to say how it is for real good or bad….not only ‘’good’’ not only ‘’bad’’…both if anything shows up…because this is the only way to ‘’clear up’’ and try to go finally to the real selling business with nothing attached from ‘’business as usual’’ because after many years anybody can see what is work and what is not…...

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

Sellers with primary stores in Collectables and Stamps are being excluded from the Hot Sellers List and have been since around December 10th - there have been a couple of sellers appear who have those products but only because of their additional or main listings in Home & Garden or Crafts etc........

Again I am happy to clarify - that the hot sellers list is primarily used by people looking around the site wondering if its worth joining up.........
    That explains why I haven't been on the list for a long time. I noticed a couple of other steady sellers of vintage items have also been missing. Our main store is Collectibles, and the one that just had a large sale is Stamps, so I guess I won't be appearing there any more.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm wondering if the glitch is related to the addition of
    New in last 24hrs
    Gross auction value
    Most Bids
    to the homepage?
    The timing would seem to be about right
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information