eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has the Hot Sellers Algorithm Changed?

This Needs to be accurate... makes eBid.net look bad and out of touch for sellers.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is it called Hot Sellers or Top Seller ?

If it is top sellers is is by value or items ?

Yes I agree its a bid ridiculous if it shows a newbie who sold 2 items, just to give them a buzz.

People need to see that there are some regular sellers on here who sell lots of stuff so that it will inspire them.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

A comment from eBid to say whether this is an intentional change or a glitch would be helpful.

A comment from eBid to say whether this is an intentional change or a glitch would be helpful.
    Just a 'bump' on this topic.....

I reported this on the 10th December - pointing out that it is highly unprofessional to have a hot sellers list containing (as it did then):

Sellers with no listings
    Sellers with illegal listings
    Sellers who haven't even logged on for over 3 months

The illegal listings were removed and the rest ignored.......... at the current time of writing this there is a seller who has not logged onto the site for over 7 months, this seller was also on the 'hot sellers' list a few weeks ago.....

This is commercial suicide - anybody who hasn't heard much about Ebid and is looking around the site looking to gain confidence and trust will look at that example of 'hot sellers' and run a mile away...... can anyone blame them?

If I had seen a 'hot sellers' list like that when I first looked around Ebid there is no way in the world I would have signed up.......

Highly unprofessional

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Just a 'bump' on this topic.....

I reported this on the 10th December - pointing out that it is highly unprofessional to have a hot sellers list containing (as it did then):

Sellers with no listings
    Sellers with illegal listings
    Sellers who haven't even logged on for over 3 months

The illegal listings were removed and the rest ignored.......... at the current time of writing this there is a seller who has not logged onto the site for over 7 months, this seller was also on the 'hot sellers' list a few weeks ago.....

This is commercial suicide - anybody who hasn't heard much about Ebid and is looking around the site looking to gain confidence and trust will look at that example of 'hot sellers' and run a mile away...... can anyone blame them?

If I had seen a 'hot sellers' list like that when I first looked around Ebid there is no way in the world I would have signed up.......

Highly unprofessional
    I agree it looks a mess at the moment. I notice tonight eBid is the top Hot Seller, which is fine. There are 3 blanks at the end which infers there are not enough “Hot Sellers” to fill the list. Amongst the others there are 4 with Feedbacks less than 5, there are 4 Newbees, and 3 with less than 50 items for sale. This certainly won’t impress new buyers on what they can expect on this site.

Please eBid, just say if this is this intended or is it a glitch?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope I will ‘’show up’’ on the hot seller list ‘’’again’’ just to ‘’warm up’’ yourself…in here is around 34 F (1.1 C) with rain…

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

And by the way eBid hot seller list is how is it and nobody can do much about it because this is ‘’reality’’ and if the hot seller list can impress or can’t impress buyer’s we can’t do much about it this too…

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where is the Hot Sellers List?

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don’t worry about that ‘’Tony’’…...

And by the way eBid hot seller list is how is it and nobody can do much about it because this is ‘’reality’’ and if the hot seller list can impress or can’t impress buyer’s we can’t do much about it this too…
    Just a reminder that the hot sellers list for the last 3 weeks has largely contained sellers who don't actually get any sales.(and never will).. are listing products that are prohibited - also some of the sellers have not logged onto Ebid for months on end (the longest I have seen was 7 months). That is not 'reality'........ you may think that's ok but personally I would like to see more sellers and buyers come to Ebid to improve what is an excellent site.

"I agree it looks a mess at the moment. I notice tonight eBid is the top Hot Seller, which is fine. There are 3 blanks at the end which infers there are not enough “Hot Sellers” to fill the list. Amongst the others there are 4 with Feedbacks less than 5, there are 4 Newbees, and 3 with less than 50 items for sale. This certainly won’t impress new buyers on what they can expect on this site.

Please eBid, just say if this is this intended or is it a glitch?"
    I was hoping the blanks mean someone may be looking at it............ or may just be wishful thinking.... there was another seller appearing on there a couple of days ago who had illegal products for sale.

I wonder how much lost revenue this has cost Ebid over the last few weeks........

Thread Information