My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Entering Barcodes system is flawed

Default Entering Barcodes system is flawed

It appears that either Ebid or Google has a big problem here, since Google is requiring barcodes to be entered in order for our items to show up in the Google shopping search engine, It is majorly flawed!

How so you ask? As I set here entering a vast number of collectible diecast items, each of which has the required barcodes on the packages, many times I enter the CORRECT barcode right off the package and then an error window pops up and sez "it appears the barcode is invaild" !!! Well guys you can't have it both ways!!! You require us to enter the barcodes to be able to sell our items, then you tell us the correct barcode is invalid!!!??? So what is a seller to do?

Now I am sure there will be a few enterprising sellers out here who will simply generate a barcode that "works" of which I am sure will generate some very interesting Google shopping search engine results! Which as time goes by will surely undermine the "Barcode" ideology, when one does a search for say a bottle of Prell Hair shampoo and the results come back with Eveready Batteries.

Default Re: Entering Barcodes system is flawed

I get this error occasionally. So far it has always been an error on my part.

If there is a problem with the software, some examples of rejected barcode numbers would be very helpful to the debugging process.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you can let us know the code you are entering it will help us look into the problem.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View emdiecast's Feedback (+28)
    All-About emdiecast
    View emdiecast's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was having problems entering Hot Wheels Elite & Autoart model barcodes, but the problem seems to have been sorted as they are going in all right now.

Thread Information