Hur hur

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Copyright Infringement

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    So therefore it follows that it is usually better to buy an item from a seller who actually holds the stock.
    Unless you buy from my stock...I regularly lose stock or can't find the right packaging in a hurry for multipurchases...but I have never let a buyer down when using a dropshipping arrangement. This is because their delivery system is a lot more efficiant than mine in so far as my posting out depends a lot on how well I am on any given day.

I prefer to dropship with the reliable companies I use as I have never had bad feedback from the customers I have sold to that way.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Unless you buy from my stock...I regularly lose stock or can't find the right packaging in a hurry for multipurchases...but I have never let a buyer down when using a dropshipping arrangement. This is because their delivery system is a lot more efficiant than mine in so far as my posting out depends a lot on how well I am on any given day.

I prefer to dropship with the reliable companies I use as I have never had bad feedback from the customers I have sold to that way.
    You were one of the people I had in mind when saying there are good drop-shippers, of course. But I still don't like the odds, so would proceed with caution with people I didn't know. I'm sorry if that offends the good drop-shippers, but it's my choice.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You were one of the people I had in mind when saying there are good drop-shippers, of course. But I still don't like the odds, so would proceed with caution with people I didn't know. I'm sorry if that offends the good drop-shippers, but it's my choice.
    No offence taken

I spent a fair amount of time on dropshipping forums finding out which were the more reliable companies to work with and also sent some test purchases to random friends outside of my area to see how the purchases looked at their end.

One of the problems I can see for sellers considering this route is that some might think dropshipping is an easy option and I didn't find that to be the case.

I tried it for a while but spent a heck of a lot of time every day checking the dropshipping company sites to find out what was in stock and found dropshipping a lot more hard work than I expected. Probably because I took the time to check the sites rather than leaving my listings up and hoping things were in stock when customers ordered from me.

@bykimbo

Let me ask you a serious question, if you bought say 50 items from 50 different sellers and 75% of those sellers claimed to "have" the item on hand with everything that met your expectations and "insight" and say 50% of those sellers burnt you based on your "choice" would you still consider those 25% of sellers that didn't burn you reputable and continue to buy from them then what would you do with the other 75% of sellers (50% that burnt you) and the other (25% dropshippers) would you in turn equate the 75% remaining into trusted sources or would you continue searching and stand the chances of being burnt again? I myself keep tabs on my suppliers and keep stock up to date, if there is a problem with an order I notify my customer. If they received a broken item or an item that doesn't meet their needs I handle each customer respectfully and with care. If they receive a broken item I have it replaced or refund them, if they receive an item that doesn't fit the description due to my error then I have them return it either to the supplier or myself whichever is more cost effective. I am not in it for the money but simply the enjoyment of making customers happy. As my username says "Cheapstudent" I look for reasonable deals for customers.

- John C.

Cheapstudent

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Definitly. I never trust buying from sellers who only use an obvious "stock" photo anyway, so thats another reason to do your own information.
    A lot of new items are display packed where they cannot be taken out of their packaging for a good photograph without cutting or breaking the package. In these cases it is better to use a stock photo to show the item off to the best effect.

And what about where a seller has 10 of the same item, do you expect a photograph of each item.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheapStudent View Post
    @bykimbo

Let me ask you a serious question, if you bought say 50 items from 50 different sellers and 75% of those sellers claimed to "have" the item on hand with everything that met your expectations and "insight" and say 50% of those sellers burnt you based on your "choice" would you still consider those 25% of sellers that didn't burn you reputable and continue to buy from them then what would you do with the other 75% of sellers (50% that burnt you) and the other (25% dropshippers) would you in turn equate the 75% remaining into trusted sources or would you continue searching and stand the chances of being burnt again? I myself keep tabs on my suppliers and keep stock up to date, if there is a problem with an order I notify my customer. If they received a broken item or an item that doesn't meet their needs I handle each customer respectfully and with care. If they receive a broken item I have it replaced or refund them, if they receive an item that doesn't fit the description due to my error then I have them return it either to the supplier or myself whichever is more cost effective. I am not in it for the money but simply the enjoyment of making customers happy. As my username says "Cheapstudent" I look for reasonable deals for customers.

- John C.

Cheapstudent
    As far as I can understand the question with gaps inserted to breathe - you appear to be saying would I still think sellers who failed to perform were good, just because of a previous guideline I'd used to choose them. Yes? er... no. I'm not a bloody idiot. In the absence of track record you have to choose based on information available to you. After you've dealt with somebody you have more information and can make a better informed choice. That doesn't make the first set of criteria stupid or false, just the best information available at the time. It's just a way of helping to choose when shopping, not a religious belief.

As far as I can understand the question with gaps inserted to breathe - you appear to be saying would I still think sellers who failed to perform were good, just because of a previous guideline I'd used to choose them. Yes? er... no. I'm not a bloody idiot. In the absence of track record you have to choose based on information available to you. After you've dealt with somebody you have more information and can make a better informed choice. That doesn't make the first set of criteria stupid or false, just the best information available at the time. It's just a way of helping to choose when shopping, not a religious belief.
    @bykimbo

I guess I am a little frustrated with the amount of sales I am getting; which ironically is ZERO. I guess I need to plug more items in. It seems that if I meet that 1,000 item mark I should be clear with multiple sales. I then see that quite a few people just joined eBid and they are already making sales off the bat... and no you are not a bloody idiot. You have indeed be very helpful since I have joined. I just need some suggestions of how to successfully sell on eBid and make my postings look at least halfway decent. I see many postings with templates added to add some "pop". I have been working with web design for quite some time but the principles don't seem to apply to the listings quite right.... any ideas?

John C.
    Cheapstudent

Forum Lurker
    View plantsfish's Feedback (+199)
    All-About plantsfish
    View plantsfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I generally use feedback as a main gauge of the person selling an item. Stock photos are fine if I am buying say a DVD or a plant or such. If I am buying a collectible such as coins or stamps I need to see the actual item I am buying.

Thread Information