eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm furious - please check on your Google exemptions !

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I'm furious - please check on your Google exemptions !

Hi Becky,

Just checked and 5691347 has never been granted an exemption. Seems the information you were sent was incorrect. I have a feeling it could have been me who wrote the email you quote above so I apologise for this. You currently have 4 out of 5 eBid Store exempted. You can see if an eBid Store has been granted exemption next to the GSID on the Store page. If it doesn't say exempt then we haven't received notice of its exemption yet. Everyone should make sure their items are showing on GS before applying for exemption.

The reason 5691347 was not exempted was due to the fact that no items were uploaded to GS for this eBid Store at the time it was reviewed. Feel free to re-apply now your items are up there.

It hasn't affected your items on Google Shopping though, all your items apart from one are uploaded OK, the only item not uploaded is 51209133 due a banned keyword in the title.

Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 16th November 2011 at 12:06 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    ...all your items apart from one are uploaded OK, the only item not uploaded is 51209133 due a banned keyword in the title.
    That should bump the listing's view count .

Baffled as to which is the banned word though.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd love to know what the banned word is, too. Maybe a list of banned Google words would help, so we don't inadvertently use them in titles.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Becky,

Just checked and 5691347 has never been granted an exemption. Seems the information you were sent was incorrect. I have a feeling it could have been me who wrote the email you quote above so I apologise for this. You currently have 4 out of 5 eBid Store exempted. You can see if an eBid Store has been granted exemption next to the GSID on the Store page. If it doesn't say exempt then we haven't received notice of its exemption yet. Everyone should make sure their items are showing on GS before applying for exemption.

The reason 5691347 was not exempted was due to the fact that no items were uploaded to GS for this eBid Store at the time it was reviewed. Feel free to re-apply now your items are up there.

It hasn't affected your items on Google Shopping though, all your items apart from one are uploaded OK, the only item not uploaded is 51209133 due a banned keyword in the title.

Gazza
    Thank you for the reply Gazza. I'm still baffled though as this exemption was applied for before the 21st September so surely my items were still being uploaded to GS at that time otherwise how would my other stores have got exempted at the same time ???

eBid actually marked my Jewellery store GSID number as being exempt on the 23rd September. I find it all very strange it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I will re-apply.

Mel, maybe it is the question mark that Google is stamping it's feet about on that listing so I will edit it.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just done some searches on google products and initially all seemed well. ie I searched for vintage pyrex and I showed up ist and second page.

However when I searched for vintage pyrex tally ho (it's a pyrex pattern of which I have none in stock)

The search came back with 25 hits all from my store none of them tally ho.
    What surprized me and made me suspicious is that there were no other results and that google are showing me what I want to see and not the real picture.

Could someone run the same two searches from their IP and see what comes up?

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Your Knives Illustrated and Tactical Knives magazines don't show up
    eBid won't upload listings with the evil word 'knife' in the title
    I didn't realize that (and obviously don't have time to check every single item we list).

I already had to move all our Playboy, Penthouse and similar magazines to a US based site because eBid insists they have to be in the Adult category. Google Shopping won't list any Adult items. The US based sites have Men's Magazines categories where they're allowed and picked up by Google Shopping.

I'll have to do the same with the knife collector magazines.

Thanks for letting me know.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I've just done some searches on google products and initially all seemed well. ie I searched for vintage pyrex and I showed up ist and second page.

However when I searched for vintage pyrex tally ho (it's a pyrex pattern of which I have none in stock)

The search came back with 25 hits all from my store none of them tally ho.
    What surprized me and made me suspicious is that there were no other results and that google are showing me what I want to see and not the real picture.

Could someone run the same two searches from their IP and see what comes up?
    As you say, you come up on first pages of both Search and Shopping but not for Tally Ho. Very Odd. I ran the search via IE and Chrome, was that what you wanted?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post
    As you say, you come up on first pages of both Search and Shopping but not for Tally Ho. Very Odd. I ran the search via IE and Chrome, was that what you wanted?
    That's it exactly.

The 1st search is OK! As you have the same results.

But the 2nd, as I suspected is showing me 'what I want to see' and not what is actually true. As your results differ from mine.

<I am hoping for better results as I am adding appropriate 'keywords' to my listings.>

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

I noticed the lack of most of my items from one of my stores not showing at all in Google Shopping. Three of my stores were given an exemption on Oct. 1 this store was one of them. Still showed as being exempt.

The best way to find this out is to type in the store name to see what shows up. As of yesterday, 6 out of 7800+ were there. Now this morning, only 1. I have been in contact with support and was told this morning to reapply for an exemption I supposedly already had. So it seems, if you have a store marked as exempt...it may not be true.

I don't know what is going on, but this is not the best time of year to go through this.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    I noticed the lack of most of my items from one of my stores not showing at all in Google Shopping. Three of my stores were given an exemption on Oct. 1 this store was one of them. Still showed as being exempt.

The best way to find this out is to type in the store name to see what shows up. As of yesterday, 6 out of 7800+ were there. Now this morning, only 1. I have been in contact with support and was told this morning to reapply for an exemption I supposedly already had. So it seems, if you have a store marked as exempt...it may not be true.

I don't know what is going on, but this is not the best time of year to go through this.
    Thanks for the tip re: typing in the store name, never thought of this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information