My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Problem with eBid's email notifications

Default Problem with eBid's email notifications

I have been saving the emails from eBid when items are listed, because in the past when there was a problem with disappearing auctions, eBid support asked for their initial email. It hasn't happened to me since I started saving them.

I just did today's relisting of 20 auctions, using the Repost function on my Unsold page. They're running with no problem. However, instead of the 20 emails from eBid titled "eBid- New Auction", I just received ONE email titled "eBid - Too Many Emails Summary". Here's the first part:

"On Sat 12 Nov 2011 10:49:21 (EST) we stopped a huge amount of notification emails being sent to you.

These emails were made up of:
    0 auto-repost notification emails.
    20 mass repost emails.
    0 unsuccessful result emails.

Details for up to 100 initial auctions: "

The 20 listings I reposted from my Unsold panel this morning were then listed, each labeled "MASS-REPOSTED"

First, I don't think 20 listings is a HUGE amount
    Second, why is this titled "Too Many Emails"?
    Third, if any of these turn up missing, this will be the only email available to eBid's technical support. I hope it will be sufficient.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Problem with eBid's email notifications

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

First, I don't think 20 listings is a HUGE amount

Some might. At what point do you think eBid should send a single email rather than individual emails for each item? 50? 100? 200? ....?

Second, why is this titled "Too Many Emails"?
    Because it is? What would you suggest?

Third, if any of these turn up missing, this will be the only email available to eBid's technical support. I hope it will be sufficient.
    As long has it has the listing number next to each item (which it does - plus the date/time) then it should be.

When I got the email and saw the title, I thought my email had been hacked and this was junk mail. Then I saw it was from eBid, opened it with "View Message Source" just in case it was a bogus sender and contained a virus. When I read the message, I knew it was from eBid and it was safe. But I don't know what triggered it: something new or an error on my part? I had already checked all the items I reposted to make sure they were running.

I went to the forum and checked the Update Thread that Gazza updates, found nothing about emails. So, I decided to report it as a possible glitch.

Personally, it's not a problem for me. The only reason I save these is because support has asked for them in the past. And when I reported missing items before, I DID FURNISH the auction ID number, and support still asked for the original email that I received when I posted it. Apparently there's something on the email that they need to see, because they never explained why some of my items disappeared and other sellers have reported the same problem since this happened to me. If this is eBid's new email notification procedure, I hope it will meet their needs if they need to see it in the future.

Since I repost around 20 items every morning, it will be interesting to see if I get one of these every day now.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    When I got the email and saw the title, I thought my email had been hacked and this was junk mail. Then I saw it was from eBid, opened it with "View Message Source" just in case it was a bogus sender and contained a virus. When I read the message, I knew it was from eBid and it was safe. But I don't know what triggered it: something new or an error on my part? I had already checked all the items I reposted to make sure they were running.

I went to the forum and checked the Update Thread that Gazza updates, found nothing about emails. So, I decided to report it as a possible glitch.

Personally, it's not a problem for me. The only reason I save these is because support has asked for them in the past. And when I reported missing items before, I DID FURNISH the auction ID number, and support still asked for the original email that I received when I posted it. Apparently there's something on the email that they need to see, because they never explained why some of my items disappeared and other sellers have reported the same problem since this happened to me. If this is eBid's new email notification procedure, I hope it will meet their needs if they need to see it in the future.

Since I repost around 20 items every morning, it will be interesting to see if I get one of these every day now.
    I tend to get them when the reposts have finished for loads of magazines or books. I actually find them useful because it doesn't clog my inbox up. You will only get them if your repost or listing emails go over a certain amount so it probably will be up to the 20 mark. Hope that helps.

Thread Information