Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Listings cut in half

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listings cut in half

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Gazza, another seller I've just looked at seems to have the same problem with their listings as cmjewels925 was having. See item 32182963 This is really bad, how many other sellers have got listings with the descriptions missing that don't even realise they have a problem ? I can't even contact the seller to tell them as they have no question and answer section !
    I currently have 1914 active auctions....
    And i have randomly checked different categories and time remaining on 65 of them and all are Perfect, no problems.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it is a NON USA problem.. it appears to be elsewhere.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    I think it is a NON USA problem.. it appears to be elsewhere.
    It's a 'special character' problem so it'll have caused problems in the US as well. You're just lucky that none of your listings had to use any 'special characters'.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    It's a 'special character' problem so it'll have caused problems in the US as well. You're just lucky that none of your listings had to use any 'special characters'.
    Specifically, it's about using special characters the "quick and dirty" way, rather than by using the proper html code. That's not a criticism, you shouldn't have to worry about the sort of "fix" that happened, it's just a clarification. So £ would be a problem where £ wasn't.

Once the added 'codes' were removed I have only lost the symbol ? - not a real problem but some of my descriptions may read a bit funny as a lot of book blurbs use the question mark, not easy to spot... but no real damage as everything else is still there.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…as anybody can see eBid is not ready for seller’s who comes in here with thousand listing and try to upload all this stuff in short time…maybe not for all but I think many seller’s with quick upload will have always problem…for me I don’t have any problem and reason for that is very simple I list one for one every time…but some seller’s list like me I mean not list every day (I ‘’only’’ list every each day on whole eBid) and same seller’s still have similar problem but not that many likes seller’s who transfer items in quick way…but like I say already seller’s who have thousand listing with pictures and description ready and is no way to list all this stuff one for one is going to took a years before list all…and for that reason eBid must be ready with software of any kind to help like this seller’s for quick upload…I have more around 40,000 items to list but I am in not hurry mood because I work my job and earn more of enough money and top of that I believe no other auction site will have traffic like eBay without bigger advertising, so until eBid ‘’decide for that’’ I will probably list all rest of my items…but many seller’s depend for extra money from online sales so for that reason eBid can help quicker same seller’s with better software…

I have had the same problem which I mention in another thread titled "Missing Auction Descriptions"
    After two recent updates to Ninja Lister, my listings with speech marks in seem to upload properly now, but I have had to end over 1000 listings as most of the main descriptive text is missing.
    It looks like these will not be able to be reinstated so it seems I am going to have to upload them all again.
    With all the other people having the same problem, probably since a recent update you would have thought Ebid would have put a message up to tell sellers to check their listings
    The only way I found out about this was when I sold an item and noticed most of the description was missing, luckily my customer was happy with their purchase
    Last edited by interestingtreasures; 13th November 2011 at 09:43 AM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    With all the other people having the same problem, probably since a recent update you would have thought Ebid would have put a message up to tell sellers to check their listings.
    They would have to take their heads from out of the sand first.

I'm usually quite supportive of admin, but in this case they have really messed up - and are not facing up to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    They would have to take their heads from out of the sand first.

I'm usually quite supportive of admin, but in this case they have really messed up - and are not facing up to the problem.
    Where do I find a thread explaining this problem? What happened? What were they trying to do? I appear to have missed it and if anyone is likely to have "special characters" in their listings it would be me - as I use accented French words all the time...

I have the dreaded question marks instead of accented letters appearing in any emails eBid sends me (which has meant they have been sorting themselves into all the wrong folders on my computer). This has been reported and I have been told "they are working on it" - eleven days and counting....

Thread Information